Wanlongcok

Nov 24, 2017
Way to complicated from start on. Less is more especially if you consider this is supposed to be a fap game.
I doubt the CG will ever be particularly good, but as far as a game you can actually play it has a lot of promise. It is very early in producion, and already has a lot to do.

Reactions: shinonen

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
I doubt the CG will ever be particularly good, but as far as a game you can actually play it has a lot of promise. It is very early in producion, and already has a lot to do.
Agreed. I don't think this latest time/render-saving measure is going to work out, rendering clothing and hair in grayscale and adding colors in later. I can't see an outcome where it doesn't end up looking like paper dolls.

It's all wait and see though, maybe he'll surprise us.

fgaze

Sep 4, 2017
I have been "correcting" the errors that I've found (idk if you an call it a patch) but I have no idea how to share it here :p

klang

Aug 15, 2016
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/shader/rigeditorscreen.rpy", line 175, in <module>
ImportError: No module named OpenGL

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/shader/rigeditorscreen.rpyc", line 173, in script
File "/Volumes/home/renpy/renpy-6.99.13-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 827, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Volumes/home/renpy/renpy-6.99.13-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "/Volumes/home/renpy/renpy-6.99.13-sdk/renpy/loader.py", line 716, in load_module
exec code in mod.__dict__
File "shader/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
File "/Volumes/home/renpy/renpy-6.99.13-sdk/renpy/loader.py", line 716, in load_module
File "shader/utils.py", line 8, in <module>

Darwin-17.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.3.0

OSX, High Sierra, won't start.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/shader/rigeditorscreen.rpyc", line 173, in script
File "/Volumes/home/renpy/renpy-6.99.13-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 827, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Volumes/home/renpy/renpy-6.99.13-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "shader/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
File "shader/utils.py", line 8, in <module>

Darwin-17.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.3.0

OSX, High Sierra, won't start.
I get the same exact error - tried two DLs from different sources. Cannot make a functioning Mac version...o well...

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
I legitimately tried to give this game a shot. And after learning how it works it's cool... sort of. It has a lot of potential. But it's so buggy and there's such little content. Maybe by version 0.9 it will be great.

Reactions: shinonen

Zer0z

Jun 29, 2017
Is it still using the new models or did it go back to original Lab Rats 1 Illusion ones?

klang

Aug 15, 2016
I get the same exact error - tried two DLs from different sources. Cannot make a functioning Mac version...o well...
I just downloaded the new Renpy SDK. Once it's done installing, I'll see if that fixes it. From renpy 12 to 13 there were a bunch of games that shifted some of their init to the renpy engine so without the update, i was getting similar crashes. Remembered that after I got this error for another game and saw there was an update.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
I just downloaded the new Renpy SDK. Once it's done installing, I'll see if that fixes it. From renpy 12 to 13 there were a bunch of games that shifted some of their init to the renpy engine so without the update, i was getting similar crashes. Remembered that after I got this error for another game and saw there was an update.
I've already updated to 14, and get this error...

Reactions: klang

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
Well I'm able to start it on linux after adapting instructions from

git clone
cp -r pythonlib2.7/ctypes/* ~/dev/renpy-nightly-2018-03-20-7044b9d4-sdk/lib/pythonlib2.7/ctypes/

git clone
cp -r pyopengl/OpenGL/ ~/dev/renpy-nightly-2018-03-20-7044b9d4-sdk/lib/pythonlib2.7/

Armin

Dec 16, 2017
1. Research basic medical uses
2. Make a serum with basic medical uses
3. Hire someone for procurement and production
4. Do HR and marketing actions as necessary.

You should be making about 5 serums a day that cost 20 to make and sell for 50, with 2 salaries you should be making a profit of ~90 per day, you'll also have some free actions you can use to do procurement/production yourself for extra money.

Reactions: Wanlongcok

Wanlongcok

Nov 24, 2017
1. Research basic medical uses
2. Make a serum with basic medical uses
3. Hire someone for procurement and production
4. Do HR and marketing actions as necessary.

You should be making about 5 serums a day that cost 20 to make and sell for 50, with 2 salaries you should be making a profit of ~90 per day, you'll also have some free actions you can use to do procurement/production yourself for extra money.
I waited until I had both of the first subjects researched before I made a new serum. It was worth more, but I didn't really do a breakdown that considered number of units/day produced. It delays the start of making money, but doesn't cost anything. I also made serum by myself for a week, just to build up a bigger starting bank.

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
Finally tried it out.
Buying the Suggestibility Hiring practice means you don't need to give them serums anymore. Just get their Slut over 10, then seduce away.
From what I can tell, you want the girls to have low sex-skills, as every turn their Arousal is over 100 they gain 5 Happy, and their skill raises how much Arousal you gain from sex acts.
Need better ways to increase Obedience. Hired one girl with 100 Happy, ~95 Obed, and she quit as soon as that time segment was over. Have seduced my current two to over 150 Happy, but since their Obed is less then 100 (95 and 98), it's still warning me that they're thinking of quitting.
Still no point to producing base serum.
Do the Breast Enlarge/Reduce serums actually work? Never seemed to with v0.21, and it's supposed to have a 10% chance to activate.

Armin

Dec 16, 2017
I waited until I had both of the first subjects researched before I made a new serum. It was worth more, but I didn't really do a breakdown that considered number of units/day produced. It delays the start of making money, but doesn't cost anything. I also made serum by myself for a week, just to build up a bigger starting bank.
Yeah, there is no serum that is better for sale than the one with only basic medical uses, it has a 2.5:1 price:cost ratio and and none of the other things you can add give better than 2:1. Except maybe futuristic, but I never got to the point where I finished researching that.

And because marketing requires so few people compared to production there's just no reason to make a 'larger' serum that's less profitable to save on marketing costs.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes