Steven_3000

Nov 17, 2018
It depends on what you call fap-worthy. For me, the story here is a big turn-on. There are many similar games if you just want to fap to pictures, this one is to fap to a story.

But to answer your question: no, the pictures have not been upgraded.
Their first game had basically the same story but sexier art

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I like this game but it has a major game breaker. It shuts my computer completely down & have to start it back up. It has done it twice but before the other versions it never has done that. Has this happen to anyone else or has anyone an idea on how to stop this?
This mostly means that your PC is unstable, when CPU gets overloaded it maybe giving errors and causing shutdowns. Or your motherboard or PSU has issues delivering enough power when needed. So there maybe faulty/failing components or wrongly setup bios settings like CPU voltage settings, etc.

Reactions: R0y

Don Key

May 13, 2017
Game is crashing on startup, showing the following error:

While parsing C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc/game/Mods/Fetish/Fetish_Roles.rpy.
ScriptError: Name (u'game/Mods/Fetish/Vaginal_Fetish_EVents.rpy', 1585077044, 288) is defined twice, at game/Mods/Fetish/Vaginal_Fetish_EVents.rpy:1 and game/Mods/Fetish/Vaginal_Fetish_EVents.rpy:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 779, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 456, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 439, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/Mods/Fetish/Vaginal_Fetish_EVents.rpy', 1585077044, 288) is defined twice, at game/Mods/Fetish/Vaginal_Fetish_EVents.rpy:1 and game/Mods/Fetish/Vaginal_Fetish_EVents.rpy:1.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Tue Mar 24 15:17:51 2020

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Game is crashing on startup, showing the following error:

While parsing C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc/game/Mods/Fetish/Fetish_Roles.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 779, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 456, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\@@@@\Downloads\Game\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 439, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Tue Mar 24 15:17:51 2020
Have you possibly upgraded your game with a new mod version? Delete all .rpyc files and try again.

If it doesn't help, delete everything (but the save game folder) and start with a clean game + mod.

What's happening is that some files have been moved between versions, and you installed a new one without deleting the old one. Another possibility is that you unpacked some .rpa files and now you have two copies of those files, one in the .rpa and one outside.

Feb 12, 2018
Some wardrobe requires new renders. Many of clothes I'm trying to fix it myself with photoshop, however it would be much much better if the dev did it. VREN pls.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Some wardrobe requires new renders. Many of clothes I'm trying to fix it myself with photoshop, however it would be much much better if the dev did it. VREN pls.
I don't think Vren reads this thread. If you really want to contact him, try other means.

And, knowing his attitude towards people who want to improve the game... good luck.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
I don't think Vren reads this thread. If you really want to contact him, try other means.

And, knowing his attitude towards people who want to improve the game... good luck.
Hmm, I don't think I can agree about your point regarding Vren's attitude about that.
In one of most recent update posts he was being really positive about the mods available for his game.
I'll post a quote of his post as soon as I get home today.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Hmm, I don't think I can agree about your point regarding Vren's attitude about that.
In one of most recent update posts he was being really positive about the mods available for his game.
I'll post a quote of his post as soon as I get home today.
I'm not talking about his attitude towards mods - I can't comment on that, I'm not using any, I have modded the game myself.

I'm talking about his attitude towards bugfixing. If he really wanted that, the bugfix project would need to start anew with each release, as all the bugfixes would be incorporated into the base game before a .0 release. This is not happening. As I understand, his attitude is more or less along the lines of "Here's the base game - hands off, this is my turf - but you can mod it however you like. Just don't expect your changes to ever get incorporated into the base game."

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
I'm not talking about his attitude towards mods - I can't comment on that, I'm not using any, I have modded the game myself.

I'm talking about his attitude towards bugfixing. If he really wanted that, the bugfix project would need to start anew with each release, as all the bugfixes would be incorporated into the base game before a .0 release. This is not happening. As I understand, his attitude is more or less along the lines of "Here's the base game - hands off, this is my turf - but you can mod it however you like. Just don't expect your changes to ever get incorporated into the base game."
This has already been a topic in the past. Repeatedly.
The .0 version, which is considered patron exclusive, is tested by those patrons for bugs, which will then be fixed (mostly) for the .1 version, which is public. So, this is in fact happening. No bolding needed.
Assuming the attitude you describe is factual, I really can't see much wrong with it. If Vren started to try and implement every suggestion he gets from the 'I'd like to see' people into his game he'd go nowhere. And as long the modding gurus keep up their great work, where is the problem of him concentrating on the mechanics and development of the base game?

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
This has already been a topic in the past. Repeatedly.
The .0 version, which is considered patron exclusive, is tested by those patrons for bugs, which will then be fixed (mostly) for the .1 version, which is public. So, this is in fact happening. No bolding needed.
Assuming the attitude you describe is factual, I really can't see much wrong with it. If Vren started to try and implement every suggestion he gets from the 'I'd like to see' people into his game he'd go nowhere. And as long the modding gurus keep up their great work, where is the problem of him concentrating on the mechanics and development of the base game?
Vorcha, I know how the development of the game works. I know the difference between a .0 and .1 release, I'm here for much longer than you are (my first post in this thread is exactly two years old today... wow). What I'm saying is, while the bugs in a .0 do (mostly) get fixed in .1, the .1 release is when Vren loses all interest in it. The other bugs fixed in the bugfix project (see the first post) do not get incorporated into the next .0 as they should. In other words, Vren only includes fixes he comes up with, and ignores bugfixes to his own code if they're made by others.

I'm fine with his attitude with this single exception: he should accept bugfixes from everywhere. Just bugfixes, not mods etc.

Reactions: czertik

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Vorcha, I know how the development of the game works. I know the difference between a .0 and .1 release, I'm here for much longer than you are (my first post in this thread is exactly two years old today... wow). What I'm saying is, while the bugs in a .0 do (mostly) get fixed in .1, the .1 release is when Vren loses all interest in it. The other bugs fixed in the bugfix project (see the first post) do not get incorporated into the next .0 as they should. In other words, Vren only includes fixes he comes up with, and ignores bugfixes to his own code if they're made by others.

I'm fine with his attitude with this single exception: he should accept bugfixes from everywhere. Just bugfixes, not mods etc.
Ah, I see. I thought you meant he should have people go at bugfixing before he releases the .0, my bad. I was aware of some issues that reappeared after being fixed between versions in the past, but did not get the impression that Vren would blatantly ignore known issues when launching a new game version.
I also assume with being here longer that me you mean having posted in this thread for the first time. In that case, yes, I was lurking around for some time, but did that from the start of the project.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Ah, I see. I thought you meant he should have people go at bugfixing before he releases the .0, my bad. I was aware of some issues that reappeared after being fixed between versions in the past, but did not get the impression that Vren would blatantly ignore known issues when launching a new game version.
I also assume with being here longer that me you mean having posted in this thread for the first time. In that case, yes, I was lurking around for some time, but did that from the start of the project.
I was lurking here for some time, too, before I posted for the first time. Came here right after the first tech demo, so probably around the same time you did. Therefore, this discussion is essentially pointless. Peace?

Glad you agree about bugfixing. If Vren would accept bugfixes, even just those from the bugfix project, he would save a lot of time for both himself and everybody else.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
I was lurking here for some time, too, before I posted for the first time. Came here right after the first tech demo, so probably around the same time you did. Therefore, this discussion is essentially pointless. Peace?

Glad you agree about bugfixing. If Vren would accept bugfixes, even just those from the bugfix project, he would save a lot of time for both himself and everybody else.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just kidding ;) . Peace it shall be.

pythia23

Aug 2, 2017
anyone else wish there was a storyline for gabby that included her resisting, then begrudgingly accepting, then happy, with you? right now it's just sort of the first one, with the base lines for any non-family npc, if you start upping her love and obedience.

I dunno. I just think as it stands she, your aunt, and alex (friend from college) are criminally underwritten.

Reactions: Marraden

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
I think with how the serum from the first game was written all the characters from the first game should AT LEAST start with a high suggestibility to show they have the old serum used on them. Family should still be under it even without new serum due to being around the MC all the time and his actions reinforcing the serums effects from the first game so maybe family gets a base 70% Sara a base 40% Alex who moved away a base 20% Nora who imo would have noticed and avoided the MC a base 10%. Nora also would not have reported the MC due to her wanting to see what would happen with the "test subjects".

Feb 12, 2018
anyone else wish there was a storyline for gabby that included her resisting, then begrudgingly accepting, then happy, with you? right now it's just sort of the first one, with the base lines for any non-family npc, if you start upping her love and obedience.

I dunno. I just think as it stands she, your aunt, and alex (friend from college) are criminally underwritten.
Nah. The game is fine. Some sort of a story is there, serum system and research tiers however need serious rebalancing.
I mean, the most important trait you need in the beginning is "High Capacity Design", which requires 300.0 mastery to get rid of its side effects.. with only Stephanie doing the most of researching it takes A LOT of time. Not much on Tier 3 list..

So what's new in Tier 3 - Anal Fetish, Mind Control [suggestion], Futuristic Serum Capacity [production].. Love trait, permabimbo trait, that's basically it.

By the time you unlocked tier 3, there's not much else to do.. you've spent like 800+days (in-game time) super rich, everything is unlocked, everybody's dtf, and most of those 800days goes into researching Tier 1 High Capacity Design. That's ridiculous. So.. yeah, research tiers need serious re-balancing; that would be very nice indeed.

Story? I don't care.
Character development? I don't care.
Wardrobe renders - Complete rehashing would be great. at least fix the current ones, the renders are very bad, with lots of "holes".
__
More body types (new body type render + each piece of wardrobe for that body type)
More clothes. (more clothes -> more renders -> more pain to add all that)
Tattoos - I personally don't care. But it will require new body type.. more body types = more pain.
__
I doubt we're gonna see any of that any time soon.

More kinks (can be implemented with mods, so no biggie)
More locales. Maybe transitioning to unified language rich unicode font, instead of having like 8+ non-unicode fonts.. why?

More simplified fetish mechanics, for modders.. so players could write their own without learning how to code you know.. again, no big deal, but would be nice.

ps: New animation engine sucks.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Nah. The game is fine. Some sort of a story is there, serum system and research tiers however need serious rebalancing.
I mean, the most important trait you need in the beginning is "High Capacity Design", which requires 300.0 mastery to get rid of its side effects.. with only Stephanie doing the most of researching it takes A LOT of time. Not much on Tier 3 list..
First of all, I never research High Capacity Design at all, I don't need it. But even if I did, there's an easy way to do it, much faster than using your research team. If I want to increase mastery of a given trait, I do need to initially research this trait, but then I:
  1. design a simple serum, primitive production + my trait,
  2. research the serum (here you do need Stephanie, but with your help it shouldn't take long),
  3. take the single serum dose resulting from research,
  4. wait until you have full energy,
  5. select a scratch girl (an employee you're going to fire anyway, or some girl from the city), give her the serum,
  6. spend all your energy small talking to that girl,
  7. voila! your mastery of the trait just went up by at least one!
  8. repeat if necessary, or if the side efffects are acceptable, produce a few batches and repeat as many times as you want.
Works like magic for all Nora's traits ;-)

Last edited:

pythia23

Aug 2, 2017
I'd also really like it if shorter girls weren't just the image shrunk down, and vice versa. Makes it seem like the girl isn't actually any shorter, just far away.

also, some serums that you could conceivably want to give yourself would be a nice add too. if you're the head of a wild bleeding edge bioserum firm, why wouldn't you also want to look into how to make yourself awesome, in addition to making everyone else suggestible/horny/whatever?

Reactions: Playaza

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Without it, the serums produced will be too cheap, and you need funds.
Of course you can cheat, but that's no fun.
I'm not cheating, and I have much more money than I need even when I'm unlocking research tier 3. I'm able to earn my first money on Friday the first week. If your serum includes Basic Medical Application and later Clinical Testing Procedures, you can make quite decent money per dose without researching High Concentration Drugs.

My Money Maker I serum is Primitive Production + Basic Medical Application. This one I can start producing on Friday the first week.
My Money Maker II serum is Improved Production + Basic Medical Application + Clinical Testing Procedures. This is enough to take my company to its final growth tier.
With better production traits I can add more valuable traits to boost the serum value even further. Still without using High Capacity Design. In fact, I only go for HCD once I have unlocked tier 4, out of curiosity rather than an actual business need - the high side effect rate is a big turn-off.

In fact, the serum batch size policies will help you more than HCD will. They will put an additional strain on marketing, though.

Also I don't understand what triggers 'Send %girl% to seminar' ? Seems random, but is it really?
Seems random to me, as sometimes it triggers when I reloaded the game while it didn't trigger for the first time, but I didn't check the code. It does seem to trigger only once, though - I don't recall it ever triggering for the second time in the recent releases. But then maybe I'm losing interest in the game too quickly?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes