Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Does anyone know how many new traits we can get from Nora?
I studied a lot of people and I was able to find five:

Lover Attraction
Rapid Corruption
Motherly Devoution
Pleasurable Obedience
Auntly Potential

Is that all?

I really hope that I miss something that gradually increases obedience.
All my employees have a huge drop every weekend...
They are listed in game/serum_traits.rpy starting at line 701

Reactions: Edvin

bonebaby

Apr 22, 2018
The error is typical for RenPy if your allocated RAM is overtaxed.
So again... maybe check your RAM consumption and shut some unrequired programs down
Yeah, going to call BS on that. It's the internal programs heap, not the system. I got the same error trying to save... this is on a system with an i9-9900 and 128Gb of ram. Perhaps there is something in a RenPy config to increase it?

-BB

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Yeah and the irony is this version uses multithreading for performance. The issue is probably parallelism. Back when i was a developer, all the interns made the same parallelism mistakes when they first introduced to the multithreading.
Not sure if this is still part of the issue. Around 15 to 16 minutes starts talking about Dave Beazley's research into GIL.

I'm sure there are a number of people on here that know more about cpython than I do.
I understand this is less of an issue now with python 3 but still exists in python 2.7x which renpy uses.
I did notice they suggest writing code that works with python 2 and 3 for renpy. Wonder if they plan to switch?
Anyway I'll leave it to the more informed to answer beyond this.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
for the love of mother, implement a table system that lets me compare the basic stats more easily than having to type it out myself in a spreadsheet to see which one is the best for my objective.

sticitra

Nov 22, 2018
Same problem with MemoryError, after 54 days can't save, in 58th day unplayable, beacuse of the constant error. i7-7k, 16GBRAM, GTX860, app eats only 1,2GB of RAM, 18% of i7 at peak. Still a lot of resources available.

Reactions: SamHaim

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
for the love of mother, implement a table system that lets me compare the basic stats more easily than having to type it out myself in a spreadsheet to see which one is the best for my objective.
I'm assuming you are looking at which girl you want to hire. LRSkills.png
Also make sure you don't hire someone who hates stuff that will cause issues.
Example: Don't hire someone that hates the work you want to put her in. Part of why I made that change to the script I posted less issues with those.
Also you want to avoid people who don't like or hate working, or don't like flirting and sex and so on.
One's that don't like work uniforms will have issues with wearing the work uniform.
One's who don't like dressing slutty won't like the uniform when it becomes slutty.

What I do is save it on the screen that say are you willing to pay $50 then go through the girls and if I don't like them reload and it will give a new list of girls.
Before I made change to my version it would take forever to find a girl that wasn't pure crap. Now it takes a minute depending on the size of the pool the smaller the pool the more attempts it takes especially at the start your pool is 3 and they have 4 characters that are pre made that fill it up and are crap.
So until those are eliminated or used you are stuck with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mubu5Reborn

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Same problem with MemoryError, after 54 days can't save, in 58th day unplayable, beacuse of the constant error. i7-7k, 16GBRAM, GTX860, app eats only 1,2GB of RAM, 18% of i7 at peak. Still a lot of resources available.
You've got a vastly newer and more powerful system than what I am running on and it works fine on mine.
It uses about 300Mb on my system. Seems like you have something else causing issues. A virus would given the high use of ram & CPU would be my guess. It only jumps to 26% of cpu when I load something the rest of the time its around 3% my CPU is 9 years old.

That or you have other stuff open such as web pages on a browser and some of those can be doing stuff like bit mining with your GPU and CPU without telling you. I notice a number of so called advertisers that buy adspace doing that for a some time now.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
yeah hits me just now as well. somehow they have a memory leak in graphic handling or something. im on day 15 trying to lay the sister. mnore than 2 hours work gone.

try this

Code:
gc.collect()
should throw out the unreferenced garbage

game went from >1000mb to 200mb allocation

however now it cant "pickle" for saving (its some form of encryption)

Last edited:

bonebaby

Apr 22, 2018
yeah hits me just now as well. somehow they have a memory leak in graphic handling or something. im on day 15 trying to lay the sister. mnore than 2 hours work gone.
I went and grabbed the beta/bugfix to try it out. So far, about 80 days in and it seems a lot better. You might give that a try.

-BB

Reactions: wep

Butcer

Aug 16, 2016
Any way to reduce lag, im on a high end pc with and running the game on a solid state and it still lags

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Does anyone know how many new traits we can get from Nora?
I studied a lot of people and I was able to find five:

Lover Attraction
Rapid Corruption
Motherly Devoution
Pleasurable Obedience
Auntly Potential

Is that all?

I really hope that I miss something that gradually increases obedience.
All my employees have a huge drop every weekend...
With Pleasurable Obedience (+1 Happiness per 5 Obedience over 100 per turn) and Sisterly Obedience (+1 Core Sluttiness per 10 Obedience over 100 per day) you can just focus on building obedience and the other two will pretty much take care of themselves.

indria

Mar 5, 2017
Not sure if this is still part of the issue. Around 15 to 16 minutes starts talking about Dave Beazley's research into GIL.

I'm sure there are a number of people on here that know more about cpython than I do.
I understand this is less of an issue now with python 3 but still exists in python 2.7x which renpy uses.
I did notice they suggest writing code that works with python 2 and 3 for renpy. Wonder if they plan to switch?
Anyway I'll leave it to the more informed to answer beyond this.
the thing is generally it is not a good idea to put gui elements to a thread. Vren said in changelog that s/he put the character displays into another thread for performance gains.
IDK if multhithreading is the issue tho, i'm just speculating. i don't if Vren let renpy handle the threads or if s/he handles the thread but generally just because you code python multithread it doesn't mean the code actually runs parallel.

Thats why i said the issue is probably parallelism. Generally people want to share a resource on multiple threads which end up locking and get significantly less optimized version then running a single thread.

Reactions: SamHaim

Boten

Apr 25, 2018
I don't understand those outof memory you guys have you have better configuration... Although it looks like its x86 so it can only use the first 3.5 Go of ram on system and if other 32 bits app use it aswell it could be a problem.

antaxis

Jul 22, 2017
In all the last versions of this game, I had an image scaling issue on a Macbook pro retina. When you start talking with a character, her picture is cropped. I am surprised nobody reported that here. Since I have been waiting for a fix that does not come, I have looked into it.

There is a section of the code that's supposed to return the actual resolution of the screen:
physical_x, physical_y = renpy.get_physical_size()

Except it returns the virtual resolution on Retina which seems to be the issue.
I made a small fix in case anyone else is interested.

Disclaimer: I have zero Renpy programming experience, so it might not be the cleanest way to solve this issue, but it does the job.

I added a setting for Retina screens in the preferences Menu. Just go there, select the size of you retina screen, and the character picture should display correctly now.

The two files to replace are script.rpy and screens.rpy (they only will work for version 0.28.1):

xxdungeonxx

May 3, 2017
I know this is probably not a bug, but some of the girls don't have anal choices, or not even sex choice only foreplay an oral. How can you unlock the other options?

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
I know this is probably not a bug, but some of the girls don't have anal choices, or not even sex choice only foreplay an oral. How can you unlock the other options?
That's when they hate those options. Create a serum with oral or anal fetishes to change that

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes