fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I am wondering, is mastery feeding back into already created recipes or do i need to research a new formula to gain the effects (especialy chance for bad side effects)?

after dicking around with risky brews I see the effects manifest only after its researched.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamHaim

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
the thing is generally it is not a good idea to put gui elements to a thread. Vren said in changelog that s/he put the character displays into another thread for performance gains.
IDK if multhithreading is the issue tho, i'm just speculating. i don't if Vren let renpy handle the threads or if s/he handles the thread but generally just because you code python multithread it doesn't mean the code actually runs parallel.

Thats why i said the issue is probably parallelism. Generally people want to share a resource on multiple threads which end up locking and get significantly less optimized version then running a single thread.
Actually, the number of devs who spin up multiple threads --but then forget to START them-- is amazing. I see it all the time with fresh meat (oops, I mean recent college grads).

• Haha
Reactions: DaMatt and Diconica

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
the thing is generally it is not a good idea to put gui elements to a thread. Vren said in changelog that s/he put the character displays into another thread for performance gains.
IDK if multhithreading is the issue tho, i'm just speculating. i don't if Vren let renpy handle the threads or if s/he handles the thread but generally just because you code python multithread it doesn't mean the code actually runs parallel.

Thats why i said the issue is probably parallelism. Generally people want to share a resource on multiple threads which end up locking and get significantly less optimized version then running a single thread.
There are plenty of game engines with the graphics update as a task shared on multiple threads and have no issue. There are in fact some that have two or more of those. The only issue is that the ones with multiple's have to ensure they don't have more than one trying to update graphics at a time. I know that at least one of those instead of relying on a mutex entirely to solve the issue created a task manager that tracks how long tasks run and thus spaces the graphics update tasks apart from each other.

Destiny's Engine has more than one graphics update as I understand per the video below. Not sure how smart the task manager is on it though.

That said again I really don't know enough about python to make any rash statements. I have been told that you can run multiple instances of it using processes but that isn't a thread. But maybe if they are wanting to build something graphics intensive that's the way to go. That's what people did when we didn't have threads to work with we used processes. Just means those processes have to be able to talk to one another to share information. It's a bit more work.

galadh

Nov 21, 2017
Hey there,

Has anyone of you stumbled upon this?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bug occurs when trying to save a game.
I am no ren'py / python techie, so I ask...

Oh, I run the current Bug Fix and current mod.

In case that's important for resolving the issue.

EDIT:
Could be a broken save file (loading older file didn't produce said error) - but still, if the bug occures once, it's prone to occure twice I guess...

Regards,

Mubu5Reborn

Sep 30, 2017
Hey there,

Has anyone of you stumbled upon this?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bug occurs when trying to save a game.
I am no ren'py / python techie, so I ask...

Oh, I run the current Bug Fix and current mod.

In case that's important for resolving the issue.

EDIT:
Could be a broken save file (loading older file didn't produce said error) - but still, if the bug occures once, it's prone to occure twice I guess...

Regards,
Did you start a new game and then try to save or did you open a save (from a previous version) and try to save that one?
Old saves aren't 100% compatible with new version. I don't remember what error I got when I first ran the mod on a new version but starting a new game (sad face) always worked for me.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Did you start a new game and then try to save or did you open a save (from a previous version) and try to save that one?
Old saves aren't 100% compatible with new version. I don't remember what error I got when I first ran the mod on a new version but starting a new game (sad face) always worked for me.
Unofficial mods don't get Updated as fast the game obviously... and trying to use a mod that requires or changes game files tend to create many issues and most of the time game breaking ones.
so obviously saves of a previous and modded version tend to be incompatible with updated games

Reactions: kaneeden

galadh

Nov 21, 2017
Yea I did try to load a save.
The save is from a current version of the game and and it was started in current version - created in .28.1 and tried to open as well in .28.1

Unofficial mods don't get Updated as fast the game obviously... and trying to use a mod that requires or changes game files tend to create many issues and most of the time game breaking ones.
so obviously saves of a previous and modded version tend to be incompatible with updated games

Was afraid of just that.
Well, seems I got to reverse a little on my game version :)

Thanks and regards

PS. Oh, and by the way:

Any idea on how to DEcrease sluttiness? I mean, I only got it once as a side-effect of a serum (Libido suppresant) - but it was still only a random occurence.
Any other ways?

Last edited:

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
I have I7 with gtx1070 and 10gb ram and I got out of memory when I tried to save to. And the program only uses around 1gb ram. I think the problem is in Renpy and how much memory it can use. Maybe he should allocate more memory to it or have lea pixels in pictures and animations.
I have exactly the same problem when I try to save, My PC has 16gb of ram so definitely the problem is not not in the machine.
I suppose renpy is not using all the available ram or a memory leak, but I'm not an expert.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
I went and grabbed the beta/bugfix to try it out. So far, about 80 days in and it seems a lot better. You might give that a try.

-BB
beta/bugfix of the game? of teh mod?
Can i have the link?

Thanks a lot

MahBah

Jul 13, 2017
I am so fucking hyped for the planned pregnancy update. I can't wait to my money making company into a baby factory.

Reactions: Playaza

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
If anyone can give a quick answer, thanks. This thread is rather long so just a quick clue/instruction would be appreciated. Checking recent pages did not show anything relevant.

It has been a while since I last played the game, before the energy system. How do you have sex with people now, there is no longer a seduce option just a grope option. It is purely via dating and other random events? Or do you have to grind up to 'girlfriend' status? Similarly the only option for dosing people seems to be via an order.

Admittedly this is early in the new game, say a week in.

PS
as has been noted by others is seems quite slow, directly related to image displays, with a perceptible delay in displaying images. This is with or without the bug fix mod, though a little faster with it. Also disabling animations in preferences does nothing. Oh well, just a matter of fine tuning and optimisations I guess!

Thanks in advance for any answers

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
If anyone can give a quick answer, thanks. This thread is rather long so just a quick clue/instruction would be appreciated. Checking recent pages did not show anything relevant.

It has been a while since I last played the game, before the energy system. How do you have sex with people now, there is no longer a seduce option just a grope option. It is purely via dating and other random events? Or do you have to grind up to 'girlfriend' status? Similarly the only option for dosing people seems to be via an order.

PS
as has been noted by others is seems quite slow, directly related to image displays, with a perceptible delay in displaying images. This is with or without the bug fix mod, though a little faster with it. Also disabling animations in preferences does nothing. Oh well, just a matter of fine tuning and optimisations I guess!

With high love you can escalate the Flirt option (leads to kissing sex) [15 En], haveing high sluttiness (1+ Hearts [can be temporaly]) allows you to grope her 3 times and escalate it (leads to groping sex) [3* 5 En].
Relationships have no influence on requirements for seduction, but it'll raise her sluttiness dureing intercourse
Haveing a succesful date allows you to have a blank go at sex
Different Sex positions can be switched from and to at the cost of 5 arrousal, most sex positions have an altered version for higher sluttiness changeing to that has no penality on arrousal (groping -> fingering, etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: cmacleod42

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018

PS

Having sex is also possible via flirting around 40+ (depends on her likings) love.

Right now dosing a girl is only possible via an order or the company policies. There are also a few events where you can also slip in a serum (but I have no list, sorry). Vren wrote he might add/change a few events to dose a girl in the next release.

For performance: Tristim did a lot of work on that in the last days. Maybe redownloading bugfix & mod and start a fresh game helps? Oh and there is now a "High memory" setting in the preferences screen :) (at least on windows)

Cheers
Matt

Reactions: cmacleod42 and wep

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
MemoryError: out of memory

EDIT:

Regards,
the engine cant handle the size to sift through the data that needs to be saved. i have disabled animation and have no problem since.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020

PS

You need to use "Small talk" till you get 15 love or so. Then "Flirt" will be an option. You can use that to temporarily build the sluttiness up. Some of that will turn into permanent over time.
Groping will also bring up sluttiness but at when you first start it till they get used to it you will loose love doing it. So best to build love up to at least 30 before starting it.

After you reach 20 perma sluttiness you will need to use serums for most characters. Some like the Aunt will get more slutty without it even.

Reactions: cmacleod42

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Is it normal the production line interface is vertical instead of horizontal? Looks like a dumb mistake to me since I cant use the 4th line like this.

bug: shower with mom resets all her stats Oo

edit i think im having an overflow situation.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes