seeezart

Sep 17, 2017
save it before you do it. it doesn't look the same from last time
#x_scale = 1920.0/physical_x
ok it kinda worked but the image is not centered and is a lot to the right of the frame any ideas on how to fix that would be appreciated!

knurd

Jun 2, 2019
ok it kinda worked but the image is not centered and is a lot to the right of the frame any ideas on how to fix that would be appreciated!
Sorry seeezrat. It was y scale not x scalle I told you earlier
if physical_x/(16.0/9.0) > physical_y: #Account for the screen resolution difference from 16x9
y_scale = 1080.0/physical_y
x_scale = y_scale
else:
x_scale = 1440.0/physical_x
y_scale = x_scale
#y_scale = #Renpy auto-includes black bars above and below the game if it is taller/shorter than standard res, so the scaling factor for y cannot be trusted.

MixMatch

Feb 10, 2019
I tried playing with my old save and it did not work. Do old saves not work with new versions? I put quite a bit of time in. I don;t want to grind it all over again . Q.Q

indria

Mar 5, 2017
Yup, current version runs like a 2-legged dog.
Yeah and the irony is this version uses multithreading for performance. The issue is probably parallelism. Back when i was a developer, all the interns made the same parallelism mistakes when they first introduced to the multithreading.

Reactions: x7xas4UprEta

srnoob

Jun 30, 2017
so much bugs yet

but teh mod is good

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
MemoryError: out of memory

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\loadsave.py", line 419, in save
    six.reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\loadsave.py", line 405, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "C:\Users\HP\Desktop\ig\Lab_Rats_2-v0.28.1-pc com modº\renpy\loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
MemoryError: out of memory

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.28.1
Wed May 13 11:53:21 2020

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Does anyone know what he plans for 0.29?
I believe only Vren knows, but is currently holding a poll for what should be the focus for v0.29.0

Options that can be voted on are (in order of most voted at the moment):

1. Pregnancy Content (104 votes)
2. More Unique Dialogue and Events (67 votes)
3. Optimizations and Performance Improvements (50 votes)
4. Reworked Early Game (42 votes)
5. New Clothing Items, Makeup, Jewellery.

As noted in the post itself it writes "Note: This isn't a binding poll; If I think there are important or interesting additions to make right away I may change focus. "

EDIT:

Last edited:

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
The game seems to be going through a lot of improvements but the one place it doesn't seem to improve is random character development. They are far to random no rhyme or reason to the way they are put together just random stats.

So I made a bit of a change to the random character creation.
I tied the character skills to the characteristics. I also loosely tied the like of skills to the skills.
The reason for this it would make no sense to have a person who is an idiot be a brain surgeon for example.
Also I found far to often the one skill the character was good at they hated or disliked it.

Body type and age I modified to be closer to real life demographics. The older the person is the more kids they have the more likely they are to be fatter. Not a 100% guarantee.
On average character appearance improves.

Hope some of you find it useful. It doesn't make any other real changes to the game.
Just hated the huge search for employees that were even worth spending time on.
Not really sure this even should be posted here I'm new sorry in advance if it isn't.
Hoping the developer takes some how sees it and takes a hint from it. In fact wouldn't mind if they just out right used it.

Also fixed the picked_option issue since I just seen that.

Now I need to do something about those Horrible pre-rolled characters that you can hire. I would be happier to just see them gone entirely.
So does this only modify random people on the street or what?

Last edited:

hostaa

Mar 21, 2019
The error is typical for RenPy if your allocated RAM is overtaxed.
So again... maybe check your RAM consumption and shut some unrequired programs down
I have I7 with gtx1070 and 10gb ram and I got out of memory when I tried to save to. And the program only uses around 1gb ram. I think the problem is in Renpy and how much memory it can use. Maybe he should allocate more memory to it or have lea pixels in pictures and animations.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Does anyone know how many new traits we can get from Nora?
I studied a lot of people and I was able to find five:

Lover Attraction
Rapid Corruption
Motherly Devoution
Pleasurable Obedience
Auntly Potential

Is that all?

I really hope that I miss something that gradually increases obedience.
All my employees have a huge drop every weekend...

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
So does this only modify random people on the street or what?
It modifies the one's you can hire as well.
What it doesn't modify is the prebuilt characters that show up in the hiring process.
Those can be found by searching for
list_of_premade_characters and list_of_unique_characters in the random_lists.rpy file
It's around line 704 they start.
Names
Dinah Midari
Sylvia Weissfeldt
Paige Sallow
Kentra Rivera

then main prebuilts like
Stephanie
Nora
Alexia
Lily
mom Jennifer
aunt Rebecca
cousin Gabrielle

Also it doesn't exclude you finding bad characters it just reduces that chance and ties stuff together to make more sense.
They are less likely for example to hate the one thing they are good at.
The chances of a skill increasing is more related to the stats they have that effect the success rate of those skills.
Research is more tied to Intelligence and Focus the Intelligence playing a greater part
The reason is the the formula he uses for research is 3Int +2skill + Focus +10 when it comes to calculating the output of it.
Production Is tied to Focus and Int, Focus being the greater influence
HR is tied to Charisma and Int , Charisma being main influence
Supply is tied to Focus and Charisma, Focus being the main
Marketing is tied to Charisma and Focus, Charisma being main influence in determining skill
By influence I mean it gives a hire chance of getting a hire value

The hire a person's value in a skill makes it less likely for them to hate it and more likely to like or love it.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes