Meh 1000

May 10, 2019
For those who are in need of showing their results of impregnation asap, change a few lines in serum_traits.
Change lines 234-236 to
Code:
            the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_tits_date"] = the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("preg_tits_date", day) - 35
            the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_transform_day"] = the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("preg_transform_day", day) - 35
            the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_finish_announce_day"] = the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("preg_finish_announce_day", day) - 35
and you have the turn based preg+ serum "Extreme Pregnancy Hormones" adding 105 days - exactly timed the coded 90+rnd(1-15) days for the belly model.

Or change the other serum to add 105 days per day.
You posted a fix right? Or do we have to manually do this?

Reactions: Frederiksc

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Anyone got a fix for when trying to remove the Fertility Boost effect (the 20% one) where instead it keeps looping every day dropping fertility by 20%? I figured out the this_person.title one on my own for the log display when you use it,.. but i cant quite figure out whats the issue for when the effect is supposed to expire.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Meh 1000

May 10, 2019
Anyone got a fix for when trying to remove the Fertility Boost effect (the 20% one) where instead it keeps looping every day dropping fertility by 20%? I figured out the this_person.title one on my own for the log display when you use it,.. but i cant quite figure out whats the issue for when the effect is supposed to expire.

A post above mine has your answer

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
That doesnt fix the effect removal.. that just fixes the log display.. and does the buff to the preg time.. which is not what i want.. Yea i can edit that out.. but all that fixes is the log label issue... not the effect removal.

zeralt56

Mar 14, 2018
got this error
call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
File "game/script.rpy", line 10520, in script
python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 10522, in <module>
people.run_day()
File "game/script.rpy", line 2022, in run_day
serum.run_on_remove(self)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1133, in run_on_remove
trait.run_on_remove(the_person)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1268, in run_on_remove
self.on_remove(the_person, add_to_log)
File "game/serum_traits.rpy", line 211, in birth_control_suppression_on_apply
if self.title:
NameError: global name 'self' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9836, in script call
python:
File "C:\Users\zoro\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\zoro\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
people.run_day()
if self.title:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.29.0a
Fri Jun 05 23:16:03 2020

now my employees won't work, and doing any action causes the game to crash and show this screen.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
got this error
python:
people.run_day()
if self.title:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9836, in script call
python:
File "C:\Users\zoro\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\zoro\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
people.run_day()
if self.title:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.29.0a
Fri Jun 05 23:16:03 2020

now my employees won't work, and doing any action causes the game to crash and show this screen.
That is the "self.title" issue.. if you want a file that will address that and speed up your pregnancy (if you care about it or not), grab the file a few posts up.

Theres a separate issue of when the timer to remove the new effects (maybe only the new fert boost) is set to be removed that still breaks.. Not sure if the new birth control suppression will have the same issue or not.

Frederiksc

Aug 17, 2017
That doesnt fix the effect removal.. that just fixes the log display.. and does the buff to the preg time.. which is not what i want.. Yea i can edit that out.. but all that fixes is the log label issue... not the effect removal.
Technically you applied a serum to a "self" (!isset) and try to remove it from "the_person"; Rollback / reload before applying serum, fix it (links below).

got this error
Use bugix here https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/post-3605289
or with pregboost https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-29-0a-vren.7260/post-3612605 here

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
That still only appears to change just the log event part. The part where it actually applies the effect to isnt changed. The log part where its changed from display_name to the_person doesnt appear to have anything to do later with how the effect gets removed.

Frederiksc

Aug 17, 2017
That still only appears to change just the log event part. The part where it actually applies the effect to isnt changed. The log part where its changed from display_name to the_person doesnt appear to have anything to do later with how the effect gets removed.
I followed your ConDrugs problem as far as I could. Designed the 25% Sugg in a -1- trait serum, applied, ran OK. May I ask if you happen to have designed a multi-trait serum with any preg/fert related traits in it which needed the bugfix? If that is the case, you /will/ encounter this error, because all effects will be /tried/ to be removed, but if there is a bug, the scriptsFunction resets (the serum stays in the the_person.list -> the serum tries to "times out" every turn, fails, throws error screen.

So... maybe you check, what serum is still trying to time out on that NPC?

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
I followed your ConDrugs problem as far as I could. Designed the 25% Sugg in a -1- trait serum, applied, ran OK. May I ask if you happen to have designed a multi-trait serum with any preg/fert related traits in it which needed the bugfix? If that is the case, you /will/ encounter this error, because all effects will be /tried/ to be removed, but if there is a bug, the scriptsFunction resets (the serum stays in the the_person.list -> the serum tries to "times out" every turn, fails, throws error screen.

So... maybe you check, what serum is still trying to time out on that NPC?
So yes.. if you see my post in #4012...
it shows the high concentration drug... but i also had the 20% fert boost, so it was a 2 trait.. and it kept triggering on trying to "end the day" with that error, and then it was forcing Fert into the neg at 20% chunks. So yea.. its apparently buggy with multi trait with the new traits.

Frederiksc

Aug 17, 2017
So yes.. if you see my post in #4012...
it shows the high concentration drug... but i also had the 20% fert boost, so it was a 2 trait.. and it kept triggering on trying to "end the day" with that error, and then it was forcing Fert into the neg at 20% chunks. So yea.. its apparently buggy with multi trait with the new traits.
And the serum trait order is Sugg, Fert. Script.rpy took care of the Sugg, but bugged out on Fert. Now it seaches for Sugg boost in the serum list (x : x in list), which was removed first, which makes your case solved.
-> Install "self" bugfix, reload before applying that 2 trait serum.

Reactions: Darkaura

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
And the serum trait order is Sugg, Fert. Script.rpy took care of the Sugg, but bugged out on Fert. Now it seaches for Sugg boost in the serum list (x : x in list), which was removed first, which makes your case solved.
-> Install "self" bugfix, reload before applying that 2 trait serum.
So thats going to work even though the "this.self" fix only appears to modify the log display?... because from what i can understand.. its handling the effect add/removes separate from the changed line of the log display code.
Even looking at that serum traits file.. theres other effects that have the display_name instead of the the_person.title in the log part. Otherwise the code is exactly the same as the file i already had. Unless it does track removal based on the log entries.. which looking at script.rpy that is not clear. (im far from understanding python, but i can tell the parts dont match).

Atel

Jul 28, 2017
Yes, it's better to wait for 0.29.1 for the bugs to be sorted out and the mods after. I've been looking forward to this update for a long time and couldn't wait so I've been playing without the mods. Playing the base game feels so weird now.

Also, I stitched together some comparison screenshots of the models during pregnancy for anyone interested.

Frederiksc

Aug 17, 2017
im far from understanding python...
Ren'py has an unelegant error handling. Clicking "ignore" is the worst case you can do, because you exit the current function in the script, leading to more errors cascading up. On F95 is a tutorial for fixing Ren'py errors https://f95zone.to/threads/fixing-errors-in-renpy-games.34377/post-2221201 , but in your case it was a bit trickier than just a "simple" bug, right? Also, this was not the first error you encountered, since applying the serum threw an exeption as well.

But rest assured, your case has been solved. In Ren'py stop at the first exeption and use the tutorial.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Apparently after reloading prior to when i know even had the 2 trait item, it seems fine. But it still doesnt make sense. Considering I know had had made the "self" fixes myself.. after intially having errors, then reloaded and fixed the initial errors on my own. But its -possible- i didnt roll back enough the first time and maybe there was a left over effect prior to. There are still contradicting lines in that serum effects file for some of the new effects though and the lines that display the log file text.

It still doesnt entirely make sense how it tracks.. as where my other "bag" error trying to remove the effects, in script.rpy around the 2471 to 2486 block.. none of that reads well in how it interacts with the code that just controls the text you see. (unless that is part of some array). Either way.. we'll see. May wait for 29.1 really. That "tutorial" is horrible. Its less tutorial and more arguing over how to edit files, and only a few actual "specific help quetions and answer responses". Hardly enough to try and troublshoot actual game code errors from developers.

Meh 1000

May 10, 2019
Yes, it's better to wait for 0.29.1 for the bugs to be sorted out and the mods after. I've been looking forward to this update for a long time and couldn't wait so I've been playing without the mods. Playing the base game feels so weird now.

Also, I stitched together some comparison screenshots of the models during pregnancy for anyone interested.

Ah. Kinda knew it was just gonna be one belly model. Let's hope they change that with some mods! XD

Reactions: Necronlord3
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes