pspbro

Apr 22, 2017
I think you locked yourself out of meeting Nora. Seems you can do one or the other, but not both.
Anyone know if this is still true? Do you still get locked out of the college/Nora/Emily routes if you happen to have $2k on hand the one time this pops?

May 20, 2019
Anyone know if this is still true? Do you still get locked out of the college/Nora/Emily routes if you happen to have $2k on hand the one time this pops?
I don't know, but I managed to unlock the college just by advancing research a second time with Stephanie. She tells you that you either can choose to pay money to the university to get samples to help advance research or to ask Nora. I don't recall actually paying any money to her, though granted I wasn't paying attention since I saved a lot of money and didn't need to worry.

Reactions: pspbro

pspbro

Apr 22, 2017
I don't know, but I managed to unlock the college just by advancing research a second time with Stephanie. She tells you that you either can choose to pay money to the university to get samples to help advance research or to ask Nora. I don't recall actually paying any money to her, though granted I wasn't paying attention since I saved a lot of money and didn't need to worry.
Rats, thanks for the reply. My current advancement involves finding employees to test, so I think I'm past that too. New game it is...

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Guys, did you not see the girls in previous versions when you hovered over her name in the "Talk to" list? Now you have to click on the name, wait an eternity until anything happens, then click through some boring dialogs until you can finally do something. What's the point here?

I was just creating my first corporate outfit and now I cannot see it -- only if I go through that mood killing procedure for every girl. That totally took the fun out of it...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Guys, did you not see the girls in previous versions when you hovered over her name in the "Talk to" list? Now you have to click on the name, wait an eternity until anything happens, then click through some boring dialogs until you can finally do something. What's the point here?

I was just creating my first corporate outfit and now I cannot see it -- only if I go through that mood killing procedure for every girl. That totally took the fun out of it...
The function you describe was horrible on the resources causing many delays and some crashes.
Apparently Vren disabled it in his performance Update.
You can check Outfits in the Outfit Manager otherwise ou need to interact with the girls in question

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
The function you describe was horrible on the resources causing many delays and some crashes.
Apparently Vren disabled it in his performance Update.
You can check Outfits in the Outfit Manager otherwise ou need to interact with the girls in question
OK I feared that. This makes the game uninterresting for me. More so since it's still lagging like he'll.

And did he not say all the time how mich he parallelized everythin and how much less lagging it was?

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
when i got to that point last time the game allowed me to trigger nora and afterwards get steph to buy the bimbo brew before going to nora's.

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
Besides the lag, I've been experiencing crashes related to the lag.
It seems to get worse the further I get into the game (more NPCs? Because I hired them.) but also depends on what I was recently doing when I tried to save.
I've noticed the game used anywhere between around 700MB of RAM all the way up to roughly 1200MB of RAM, which seems insane for it to be holding that much information in memory at all times.
Again, referring to later in the game, when I save, the game uses only one CPU core and it maxes out that core for 15 seconds or so while it saves... assuming it succeeds in saving and doesn't go to the crash page. Again, that's way more resources than a game like this should be using.
Is this how the game is for other people? This is version .30.2, but it neither started there nor got all that much better after the "performance update."

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Besides the lag, I've been experiencing crashes related to the lag.
It seems to get worse the further I get into the game (more NPCs? Because I hired them.) but also depends on what I was recently doing when I tried to save.
I've noticed the game used anywhere between around 700MB of RAM all the way up to roughly 1200MB of RAM, which seems insane for it to be holding that much information in memory at all times.
Again, referring to later in the game, when I save, the game uses only one CPU core and it maxes out that core for 15 seconds or so while it saves... assuming it succeeds in saving and doesn't go to the crash page. Again, that's way more resources than a game like this should be using.
Is this how the game is for other people? This is version .30.2, but it neither started there nor got all that much better after the "performance update."
turn off animations and restart the program. its called a memory leak or memory hole.

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
turn off animations and restart the program. its called a memory leak or memory hole.
I'm familiar with the concept of a memory leak, but my understanding is of something that gets worse as the program runs. It should not persist across restarting the game and loading my save file.
Also... I honestly had no idea that turning off the animations was an option. They add so little to the game anyway, so I'll see how that does.
Edit: Turning off the animation did two things:
1. It made the game run much faster in general.
2. It caused pictures to repeatedly overlap. (Public sex)
It did not help with the saving/loading issue, and it got to the point where I simply could no longer save or load, or even execute the back function. All of them would trigger the crash screen.

Last edited:

Johny Alfa

Oct 7, 2017
I try to play today. My last version was 20. I updated, cant load saved game as i got error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'date_requirement'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "C:\Users\Akos\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.30.1-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'date_requirement'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.30.1
Fri Aug 07 12:57:41 2020

Nobods

Mar 17, 2019
I got a problem, I don't know it is a vanilla or mod problem, but Stephanie's sister is not visible for me

imtheguy

Nov 19, 2017
I just started up version 30.1 with a save from 26.1 and every time i move from one location to another I hit an exception. Can I not use my old save anymore?

Apr 30, 2017
I just started up version 30.1 with a save from 26.1 and every time i move from one location to another I hit an exception. Can I not use my old save anymore?
I don't believe you can use a save from that far back, hell, my save from 0.29 keeps giving me exceptions

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
the games needs better pregnancy flags or trackers, unless I am missing them, there are no ingame flags of who is pregnant

May 20, 2019
the games needs better pregnancy flags or trackers, unless I am missing them, there are no ingame flags of who is pregnant
If you get a girl pregnant, eventually they will have an event where they tell you they are pregnant, though it's easy to figure that out based on their reaction to a creampie starting right after they get pregnant. After the event, it will say in their details screen that they are pregnant. That I believe is the only way to tell whether someone is pregnant or not before it starts to show.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes