Plily

Apr 14, 2018
When I entered the updates screen I saw this game had an update with the original Renders. I am sadly disappointed. It isn't just the ugly models, it's the confusing map as well.

Hanz

May 21, 2017
I honestly think you guys are way too spoiled, this game has great potential and bashing on it does not help improve it, especially most of ya'll aren't patreons for Vren. This game's direction is not meant to have solely story-based gameplay, it has now broadened its scope to simulate a whole lot more corruption. I like the way Vren is taking it, though it isn't a great game yet, it is also not a complete game yet. You fuckers need to calm down and wait. Or go and pay him and then make suggestions.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Much as I absolutely LOVED Lab Rats 1, this game is completely soulless currently. You have 0 sense of connection to the girls, the whole random-generated just mean you don't give a shit about them.
That's one way of looking at it and I agree with that sentiment. I like the focus on character development which also means less models and variables to develop. That will help with immersion and feeling a connection. Personally, I like it when it's no more than a handful of girls to play with and they all show strong personalities. It makes it more real.
On the other hand, some people just like the idea of "She looks good! Let's bang!". They don't know the girl at all, there's no connection, it's just pure sex. Like meeting a stranger, telling her she's a good girl and next thing you know...
Even though I agree with wanting more of a connection, I'm not gonna judge this one harshly because Vren's catering to another fetish. You call it soulless and I agree with you but keep in mind that there's lots of people who really get off on this scenario on Lab Rats 2.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
currently he is working with randomly generated characters, but he already told us that unique girls will also be added at a later date... the Girls from part 1 were already named and maybe there will be others aswell as the game grows.
I'd say you want your unique characters? don't give up just yet and see

Reactions: deviantfiend999

miscemayl

Aug 7, 2017
Has anyone been keeping up to date with this game?
I really want to love it (because I loved LR1) but couldn't stand the models.

Have the models improved or are they still ugly?

Futuredark

Mar 7, 2017
Has anyone been keeping up to date with this game?
I really want to love it (because I loved LR1) but couldn't stand the models.

Have the models improved or are they still ugly?
The models are still randomly generated using a range of preset values, so they're a lot like they were, but I think the numbers have been tweaked so that you get more attractive girls more often. By and large I'd say it's a step up, but not close to LR1, yet.

Also, enough of the actual game functions have been added in so that it is actually starting to feel like a game and not just a framework. It's still feeling like a very early build, but if you played one of the first releases and then this one, I think you can see that the framework is coming together, and that there's actually a lot of potential for LR2 down the line.

Summer Love

Jul 5, 2017
So is wardrobe modifying not in the game right now? If so it would have been nice for vren to throw in a *mechanic not implemented* tag...

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
I don't get it, every fucking time I try to play this game some girl is always unhappy and threatens to leave almost immediately after getting hired. They're all at over 100 happiness.

Reactions: Del.Mar

Armin

Dec 16, 2017
I don't get it, every fucking time I try to play this game some girl is always unhappy and threatens to leave almost immediately after getting hired. They're all at over 100 happiness.
It's been while since I played/looked at the code but iirc it's a bug, the game is supposed to check happiness >= 100 and if no check happiness+obedience > 200 (so >100 obedience can counteract low happiness), however it only actually checks happiness+obedience > 200, so those leaving are probably happy but not obedient since most start with happiness 100 but lower obedience.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
So is wardrobe modifying not in the game right now? If so it would have been nice for vren to throw in a *mechanic not implemented* tag...
It has been implemented for a long time now. You set your desired wardrobe for each work section (or all) and if their stats are sufficient to wear it, they will. IIRC, you're not going to get a newly-hired girl with normal inhibition to go nude just because you set that as the wardrobe.

Summer Love

Jul 5, 2017
It has been implemented for a long time now. You set your desired wardrobe for each work section (or all) and if their stats are sufficient to wear it, they will. IIRC, you're not going to get a newly-hired girl with normal inhibition to go nude just because you set that as the wardrobe.
I realize that. I'm asking because whenever I go to main office and try to change it for a department, the screen is blank with a mannequin on the right hand side. I'm only able to it by personally going to each person and getting them to slap on a preset wardrobe which is a waste of time because it always reverts back to whatever it was before.

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Although I'm disappointed with the characters thus far, I do have faith in Vren to introduce unique characters once he has his business code working the way he wants it to. I'm having fun in the meantime changing the vars, making the girls smarter, less maintenance, less fatties, and the company easier and more profitable. I think most people will want a cheat mod. lol

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
A few bugs:
It looks like auto sell threshold does not work? I set it to 5, but it seems no products are remaining.
It is possible to move an employee after working hours to another division.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes