cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Instead of complaining about the pics just say use the copy paste instead of your opinion. My choice to use pic vs c/p was it's is difficult to transfer a copy paste method via to this cell vs my PC to which it is offline.
But yet you can move a multigigabyte game to said offline PC? Just copy the entire traceback file and upload it. It's the same process as downloading the game file, just reversing the source and destination.

Reactions: dalzomo

Nelix171

Apr 10, 2020
There isn't much of a main story to follow in this game yet unless you play with the mods. This one is more like a simulator than a story driven linear game.
Yeh. I played it for about an hour and realised why i gave up on the first game. It'd pants. To actually get anywhere there needs to be a generic walkthru. just to get you started. This gave is another one consigned to the recycle bin.

Horrible

Jan 23, 2017
This keeps quitting on startup for me. The log says:

Texture testing:
- Hardware max texture size: 8192
- 64px textures work.
- 128px textures work.
- 256px textures work.
- 512px textures work.

It quits right there. Not enough memory on my desktop or something?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I kind of hate the idea of the mother character getting a job and having a male boss. The whole point of the game is to have your own successful business and become the bread winner. I'd rather the mother character come to work for us.

Several updates ago, he doubled the amount of faces for females. But almost all of them were ugly. I'm holding out hopes Modders can replace the original art, but until then you have to disable the ugly faces in the "random" script.
That wasn't a fix, the only real way to fix the biggest part of this issue is to somehow get returning characters, that's Jennifer, Lily, Nora, Alexia, and Stephanie, to look like they did in the first game. Not necessarily using the same program, but changing them to get as close as possible. The others also need to be changed, younger girls need younger looking face options for example. Not every girl needs to look middle aged or older, especially if they are listed well under that, such as in their 20s.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I am getting exceptions when I click on any Facial in the outfit menu. Anyone else got the same issue?

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
For now you can get around this by editing scripts.py at lone number 5122, remove both "self.pattern == other.pattern" and "self.colour_pattern == other.colour_pattern". Either this pattern check is brand new or Facial_Accessory used to have a pattern variable, which is missing now.

On the other hand, I've tested most of the new features and they all work without issues, bar this, ofc.
Where can you find scripts.py? I only have script.rpy and script.rpyc. Also, what do I edit it with? Notepad?

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Sorry, it's just script.rpy. You can open it with notepad, notepad++ or any text editor that can open .txt files.
Thanks, it works now! Btw, do you know how to get new stuff to research? I have the basic formula and some traits, but I have not gained any new ones. How do you do that?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Thanks, it works now! Btw, do you know how to get new stuff to research? I have the basic formula and some traits, but I have not gained any new ones. How do you do that?
Once you've researched a good few of your starting traits, speak to Stephanie (your head researcher) about advancing your research. When she suggests either speaking to Nora or paying $2000, go with the former.

Reactions: Kulman

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
This keeps quitting on startup for me. The log says:

Texture testing:
- Hardware max texture size: 8192
- 64px textures work.
- 128px textures work.
- 256px textures work.
- 512px textures work.

It quits right there. Not enough memory on my desktop or something?
Have you had any issues running other games? I'd probably take a look at video card drivers. Looks like Renpy is crashing while checking your video card's capabilities.

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
The game keeps crashing at startup. I had no problems running previous versions and can very easily run other renpy games as well. Is it a bug? Anyone has any solution? Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: SCorro

Horrible

Jan 23, 2017
Have you had any issues running other games? I'd probably take a look at video card drivers. Looks like Renpy is crashing while checking your video card's capabilities.
Nope. Other games run fine. At least, they have before. I haven't gone through and tried to run a bunch since getting this error/issue.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Adding Facial_Accessory.pattern = 0 and Facial_Accessory.colour_pattern = 0 with the console seems to satisfy whatever new and not fully implemented system is in place. Facial part of the outfit editor then works normally as far as I can see.

Reactions: dalzomo
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes