hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
Cheats for 0.7.1 by modifying script.rpy in text editor.

line 2964: default character_points = 100
line 271: self.funds = 1000000 #Your starting wealth.
line 984: self.max_stamina = 100 # How many times you can seduce someone each day
line 985: self.current_stamina = 100 # Current stamina.
There is also the annoying "talk 2 times only" function. I went to the scripts and found "if the_person.talked_count" set to '2' in two places. I changed it to a higher number, and now can talk freely to my employees about any number of subjects. Most of those discussions end up in sex, however.

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
The game is taking shape, the UI has improved a lot, but I don't know, I still prefer the first one in its first stages to this one. My criticism of the game as it is right now:

The procedurally generated characters end up being all the same, with the same scenes, the same behavior. The first one had five unique characters, this one has just one character which happens to appear as many times as you hire people, each time with different looks and name.

The sense of progression on the first one is completely lost. Plus there's not really any incentive to progress, since once you have sex with one of the girls, the rest is going to be same.

The UI has improved, but moving around still requires at least one too many clicks per move. Go somewhere else -> Click on the place -> Click return. The click return shouldn't be necessary, if somebody clicks on the bedroom hexagon, that should move the character there. Ideally, on the lower right corner there could be another UI element like on the left, but with miniature hexagons on the same layout as the map, without the name since it wouldn't fit, to automatically move to other places without changing screens, using just one click.

The management part of the game feels shallow, and doesn't seem to have much room for improvement, it could be made more tight regarding resources, which would just make it more grindy, but not improve it. Unless something changes, it would still boil down to hiring more people on the right proportions while making the most profitable serum available. I guess once character improvement is implemented things will change, so about this let's see.

And last, and worst of all, there's still almost no content. I don't know if I'm missing something, but beyond an event at home when one of the girls outright comes to fuck, and three or four on the company that lead to nudity/taking a serum dose by slipping it, through a cut or by asking. Anyhow, they all lead to the same as one of the policies, taking the serum, with the same scenes if you seduce the character, so there's really nothing going on in the sense of events/scenes which is what made the first game good. I understand unique characters taking a back seat until the base of the game is established, but the lack of different events/scenes really hurts the game. The first one I don't remember how long it took to have different endings, but it was probably around the seventh-eight month mark, this one could be say that it's still not close to having a beginning.

Reactions: DrDemagogue

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
OP updated.

Friendly reminder to ping an Uploader if a link gets posted in the thread, we don't always see em.

Apr 7, 2018
It's tagged with incest but from my understanding the family are not in this game? Has he added them or is still barebones (as I've read) with the same 'models' essentially repeated over and over again as different characters

Deleted member 662393

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2018
It has some interesting ideas but idk if I can get warm with it, i really liked the first games pregnancy, one of the main reasons why i really wanted that in my game. Gonna keep a eye on this and see how it goes.Thanks to Vren tho for giving many developers great ideas and if you ever read this I hope you can continue to do what you like :)

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
I really liked the first game but this one is needlessly complicated and I didnt bother spending more than 5 minutes with it.

Reactions: darlic

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
why make is so complicated ? i just want a fun game to play aswell jerk off
I guess Vren has always been a bit of a tech-nerd and "sadly" it shows a bit right now. Not that I'm against a little bit of depth but in this case he should probably focus more on playability etc.

slixten

Apr 28, 2017
I guess Vren has always been a bit of a tech-nerd and "sadly" it shows a bit right now. Not that I'm against a little bit of depth but in this case he should probably focus more on playability etc.
i agree its to complicated i dont understand a thing but the first labrat i liked

Simha

May 13, 2017
So I don't know if its a bug or if I'm missing something, but once you go into the 'Outfit Manager', there doesn't seem to be a way to leave. You can click the other sidebar options, but you completely lose the ability to do anything else as theres no 'Back' option.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes