Umaru-chan

Aug 12, 2016
Wish he'd just scrap this game and make a real lab rats 2 that follows right after lab rats 1 with similar gameplay. In the first game the characters had some personality (very basic tropes though) while in this its just like a bunch of blow up dolls.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Lab Rats 2 [v0.7.1] [Vren] - Original Size: 743MB

Download PC (171MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thwartme

Aug 10, 2017
Just played this for quite a while, trying to meet as many women as possible, and see what's out there... turns out, it's the same thing over and over.

I have no problem with the basic idea of having to run the business and make money in order to make serum and seduce women... fine. But the system is oddly complex, and I found the grind interminable.

I eventually used a save editor to give the MC's company a ton o' cash so he could hire a bunch of women and crank out some product... once it's up and running, that system works well. Getting there is very hard and takes forever.

As for the sexy-sexy portion of the game... it's not bad, but the same poses/artwork are repeated over and over (Seriously I don't know... are these women randomly generated somehow? It's like they're all the same two models with slight variations). I tried over a dozen women, and you get the same options for sex with all of them.

I encountered one random event: a drunk employee showed up at the MC's apartment. That was fun, but ended up being the same sex options again.

Also encountered a couple of glitches. Mostly rollback errors when changing/assigning outfits. And another thing that made the business portion difficult: even though the MC had hired employees and assigned them to all parts of the company, a bunch of tasks only got done if the MC did them, such as ordering supplies and marking serum for sale. Made things extra grindy.

All that said, this game is not a total write-off. The grind needs to be smoothed out a lot, and more attention needs to be paid to variety in the artwork and character/story development. But it could be great!

Thanks,
thwartme

Reactions: abe34 and Brokoga

Alexey05

Sep 13, 2017
Hello. I have problems activating the console codes and typing. Can someone please give me a tip. And with regard to the Ren'py Toturiel, I've already gotten it and still it does not klappt the console to open.

Many thanks to all who help me in their own way.

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
Hello. I have problems activating the console codes and typing. Can someone please give me a tip. And with regard to the Ren'py Toturiel, I've already gotten it and still it does not klappt the console to open.

Many thanks to all who help me in their own way.
I'm also having trouble opening the console commands section for this version of the game I must say this game is a real disappointment when compared to the first one and the story is a real downer because if you say you played lab rats 1 it gives you a quick lame excuse for what became of the characters harem where they all pretty much leave him and even his mom and sister both ditch him someone else

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Can you remove Lab rat's image from the thread, and put a true Lab Rat's 2 image?
Tastes aside, i cannot agree with calling this thing number 2.

Kinda reminds me of the Old Bait and Switch ads. Sucker them in with one one vehicle but say it is no longer for sale.
These characters are from Lab Rats and have no reason to be in a Lab Rats 2 Thread. It is misleading. If this crap would have been done in the Old Big Brother thread people would be shitting all over themselves saying SCAM SCAM SCAM.

RedPyrate

Oct 11, 2017
Wish he'd just scrap this game and make a real lab rats 2 that follows right after lab rats 1 with similar gameplay. In the first game the characters had some personality (very basic tropes though) while in this its just like a bunch of blow up dolls.
Think about all the games you really enjoyed playing, LR2 is not on anyone's list of enjoyable or great games if you tell yourself the truth.
RED

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017

Kinda reminds me of the Old Bait and Switch ads. Sucker them in with one one vehicle but say it is no longer for sale.
These characters are from Lab Rats and have no reason to be in a Lab Rats 2 Thread. It is misleading. If this crap would have been done in the Old Big Brother thread people would be shitting all over themselves saying SCAM SCAM SCAM.
That image is from when the very first release came out and a thread was made, it was used as a placeholder. No ones trying to deceive you.

I changed the banner image and removed the incest tag.

Reactions: Kaidann and Hybris

DrDemagogue

Oct 26, 2017
Your efforts are appreciated. While the original presentation did little harm, it's easy to see how it could be taken as inadvertently misleading. Now onward! To lewd new discoveries ... and finance!

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
this thing is still broken as FUCK ... i keep hoping that it will be remotely as good as the original ... no sadly not even in the same galaxy ....

Gavote

Jun 3, 2017
Need the line define config.console = True somewhere in GAME/option.rpy
or, if no option.rpy,
just create it and put
define config.console = True
in it
And if that throws an error code, make sure you capitalized "True"! Python is very case sensitive.

Reactions: SammanIII

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
This game is finally starting to become something playable. It was a pain in the ass to play and now it's not, so that's progress. Unfortunately it's still very limited content wise, and the few content that there is... it's not very much fun to play (there's no strategy to the business simulation) nor is it very fappable (pretty much just a dress up game, also ghost dicks). But I have faith in it. I'm sure it will become something great.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes