Helger

Dec 2, 2017
First I have to say that this text has been translated into English and such a translation does not 100% reflect what or how I mean it.

For me, with the last update, the game has reached a level where I would say finally getting to the finals. After over 3 years of development, I would be working on Lab Rats 3. The project Lab Rats 2 only needs to be finalized and the open stories to be brought to an end. A continuation of Lab Rats 2 for the next few years or to make it a life's work would rather lead to the fact that at some point nobody will be interested in the game anymore and it ends up in the trash like old chewing gum. The monthly updates are also too many, here Vren should rather bring an update every 3 months and not put itself under pressure with such short intervals. In the meantime he has released v0.39.3 and the first comment below is a description of the bug.

I see a lot more potential in Lab Rats if it were to be continued in further episodes. As an example, you could not only have children who simply disappear after birth, but also have a son who will take over as a successor at some point or found additional companies, compete or fight, be spied on and many other things. A storyline with new people, serums and tasks would be more interesting for me than an eternal continuation of Lab Rats 2. Even if so many serums and extensions are built in there, somehow you don't feel like it anymore. There are so many ways that could be better put into episodes than putting everything into Lab Rats 2.

As a developer, Vren should not only cling to Lab Rats 2 and carry on as before, but develop himself and the game further and expand the project, improve graphics and create working animations. If it weren't for a group of modders to improve the game Lab Rats 2, it would be dead by now. I would like to thank these modders very much that they work on it almost every day and publish updates for the game.

I will first observe where the development will go. Since I've played every new version with a new save for the last 3 months, I'll pause the game first. Time will tell if I let myself be tempted to load a new version of Lab Rats 2 v0.xx.x and play it again or if I will classify it as uninteresting. Maybe one day Vren will find an end or he will keep working on Lab Rats 2 forever.

djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
i like this game and restarted several times all over after new updates

in a game where everything is about developping and using serums it is a extra pain in the ass that everytime i give a serum to (any) girl an error apears.
ignoring it gives the next screen but than after every mouseclick a new error pops up.

when i go back to loading and dont give the serum no error appear

but in a game what exist by the appearance off serums , a serum should be able to used

when i look in the error file i see that the error is there because only 2 opportunitys are given instad of 3

anyone know if this is to be fixed ? THNX lab rats 2.png

Reactions: poldy and z21kore

LivingPaper

Feb 19, 2018
I downloaded the android version of the 0.39.3, and it crashes on the startup loading screen. Any one else having this problem?

Tue Apr 13 21:36:01 2021
Unknown platform.
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.00s
Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.00s
Manufacturer samsung model SM-G960F
Screen diagonal is 5.14326015286 inches.
Early init took 0.06s
Early init took 0.06s
Android searchpath: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/lab.rats.down.to.business/files/game
Loader init took 0.04s
Loader init took 0.04s
Loading error handling took 0.29s
Loading error handling took 0.29s
Loading script took 3.62s
Loading script took 3.62s
Saving to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/lab.rats.down.to.business/files/saves
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.01s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.01s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 3, 5)

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
If you play the PC version, I recommend installing the mod as well. The errors have been eliminated there. I can't say whether the game Vanilla is playable because I always use the mod. I read many who post this error, even 0.39.3 seems to be buggy.

0800vids

Apr 22, 2018
I have a problem with a character (mom) disappearing. I think i bugged her with having her follow me and then went to sleep. Problem is i have 2 or 3 hours of playtime now since that happened and would like to know if i can 'summon' her somehow via console or save game editor and fix it. Everytime she is supposed to show in a scene i get an error message i can skip with ignore. When i go to her work the receptionist says she is not in the building. But since there are scenes with her i haven't seen yet i would actually like to see them and not just skip.
I am still on 0.38.1 (with the mod), any hints on how to solve the problem would be appreciated.
I mean i'll have to start a new save once the mod is out for the current version but with 0.38.1 i made some decent progress for the first time really and would like to reap my rewards if possible.

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
The mod for 0.39.2 works (I play it myself) and someone reported that it also works with 0.39.3 without any problems. But they are not yet released here. But if you follow the link for the download, you will find the files there. Make sure to use the developer version and the bugfix version, then it will work again with mother. But then you have to start a new game, but then you will get new serums and something nice with Lilly.

Last edited:

0800vids

Apr 22, 2018
Well yeah, starting with a new save will fix the problem, no matter what game version i'm gonna use.
I just wish it was possible to fix my current playthrough and hoped someone might have a clue.
Thx for the quick answer of course.

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
0.39.1 savegames are not compatible with 0.39.2 or higher. If you use a newer mod version, you can no longer use it with 0.39.1. You also get a warning that you can destroy the savegame. So this must have happened to you. Therefore there is no way around an update.

Sorry I just saw that you still have the old version 0.38.1. Maybe there is a savegame editor for it, otherwise I don't know how to solve it otherwise.

Edit:
I wanted to know if there is an editor for savegames and I found this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-save-editor-v1-6-1-last-moment.6456/
Maybe you can use it to save your savegame and restore your mother.

Last edited:

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
im new in that game and im really lost, how do i make serum and sell them?
Just going to cover the basics right now don't have enough time to go over this in detail sorry.
First, research the components in the research lab. To start new research you will need clarity points. You get those after doing sexual stuff and getting off. Early on that will mean wanking off in your bed room it will only give you 50% of the clarity points you build up.

Once you research enough serum components you can then create a serum design. Then you have to research it.

Once you researched the serum design you need to set it in the production lab be produced. However before you can produce it you will need to buy supplies. which you will have to buy in the main office.

Later on you can hire someone to do those jobs.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
i like this game and restarted several times all over after new updates

in a game where everything is about developping and using serums it is a extra pain in the ass that everytime i give a serum to (any) girl an error apears.
ignoring it gives the next screen but than after every mouseclick a new error pops up.

when i go back to loading and dont give the serum no error appear

but in a game what exist by the appearance off serums , a serum should be able to used

when i look in the error file i see that the error is there because only 2 opportunitys are given instad of 3

anyone know if this is to be fixed ? THNX View attachment 1140652
You can fix this by going to game\major_game_classes\serum_related\SerumDesign.rpy line 105
and change it to the following
Python:
def run_on_apply(self, the_person):
I was going to list all the lines this appears top have happened. It's to many in multiple files.
I went ahead and downloaded 39.3 and it appears he has those issues at least fixed.
Best to just download it.

Last edited:

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
0.39.1 savegames are not compatible with 0.39.2 or higher. If you use a newer mod version, you can no longer use it with 0.39.1. You also get a warning that you can destroy the savegame. So this must have happened to you. Therefore there is no way around an update.

Sorry I just saw that you still have the old version 0.38.1. Maybe there is a savegame editor for it, otherwise I don't know how to solve it otherwise.

Edit:
I wanted to know if there is an editor for savegames and I found this:
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-save-editor-v1-6-1-last-moment.6456/
Maybe you can use it to save your savegame and restore your mother.
I'm assuming you mean the saved games for the modded version aren't compatible. The based game is from my testing and just went through and did a file comparison from 39.1 vs 39.3
Looks like the vast majority of 39.3 is bug fixes where he created function definitions with an extra variable in 39.1 and got rid of it in 39.3.

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
I'm assuming you mean the saved games for the modded version aren't compatible. The based game is from my testing and just went through and did a file comparison from 39.1 vs 39.3
Looks like the vast majority of 39.3 is bug fixes where he created function definitions with an extra variable in 39.1 and got rid of it in 39.3.
Yes, I meant with Mod. I wanted to load a saved game from v0.39.1 into v0.39.2 and got a warning that the old saved games are no longer compatible and a new game should start.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Yes, I meant with Mod. I wanted to load a saved game from v0.39.1 into v0.39.2 and got a warning that the old saved games are no longer compatible and a new game should start.
Well that sucks. Glad I am using my own mod.

qwertyry110

Jul 22, 2018
Hello, just got another bug v0.39.3

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 299, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/script.rpy", line 396, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 398, in <module>
    people.run_turn()
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 356, in run_turn
    serum.run_on_remove(self)
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumDesign.rpy", line 112, in run_on_remove
    trait.run_on_remove(the_person, self)
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumTrait.rpy", line 65, in run_on_remove
    self.on_remove(the_person, the_serum, add_to_log)
TypeError: lactation_hormones_on_remove() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 299, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/script.rpy", line 396, in script
    python:
  File "K:\RAWR\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.3-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 927, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "K:\RAWR\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.3-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 398, in <module>
    people.run_turn()
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 356, in run_turn
    serum.run_on_remove(self)
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumDesign.rpy", line 112, in run_on_remove
    trait.run_on_remove(the_person, self)
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumTrait.rpy", line 65, in run_on_remove
    self.on_remove(the_person, the_serum, add_to_log)
TypeError: lactation_hormones_on_remove() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.39.3
Wed Apr 14 18:56:54 2021
Is there a way to fix that?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes