djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
You can fix this by going to game\major_game_classes\serum_related\SerumDesign.rpy line 105
and change it to the following
Python:
def run_on_apply(self, the_person):
I was going to list all the lines this appears top have happened. It's to many in multiple files.
I went ahead and downloaded 39.3 and it appears he has those issues at least fixed.
Best to just download it.
thnx
now i have to find out how to open the serum design rpy . because my win o,s dont open it because win dont know what application/program it must use ( and neither do i)

maybe i gonna delete alle save files in renpy , delete the game redownload en reinstall it and see if that will help
(dont think so because i always do so after every update)

to bad because my previous version worked perfectly but deleted those files)

but thnx anyway for your answer

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
thnx
now i have to find out how to open the serum design rpy . because my win o,s dont open it because win dont know what application/program it must use ( and neither do i)

maybe i gonna delete alle save files in renpy , delete the game redownload en reinstall it and see if that will help
(dont think so because i always do so after every update)

to bad because my previous version worked perfectly but deleted those files)

but thnx anyway for your answer
You should be able to use notepad to open .rpy files. Personally, I use notepad++ since I am familiar with it for my job and it makes editing much easier.

Reactions: djustmie

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
i have this problem after asking to drink serum
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This error message has been posted several times since v0.39.1. If you want to play the game Vanilla you have to rewrite lines. If you don't want to change something in scripts, I recommend installing the mod. It doesn't have to be used for cheating, but it is the easiest way, since the bugs have been removed there and the game is expanded with nice things.

Reactions: poldy

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
This error message has been posted several times since v0.39.1. If you want to play the game Vanilla you have to rewrite lines. If you don't want to change something in scripts, I recommend installing the mod. It doesn't have to be used for cheating, but it is the easiest way, since the bugs have been removed there and the game is expanded with nice things.
Since fix+mod wasn't updated to 39.1 yet, can you write (or give link for) instruction for fixing it by hands??
-------------
upd
Nevermind, I just saw the public 39.3 on his patreon page. Gonna try this one out.

djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
You should be able to use notepad to open .rpy files. Personally, I use notepad++ since I am familiar with it for my job and it makes editing much easier.
lol
just after posting , i opened it with kladblok(i think it is dutch version of notepad) but i did know what to change
that what you wrote , i could not find in the serum rpy files

so i went to app data roaming renpy and removed all save files there
than i removed all save files in the lr 2 game/ saves map
so new and fresh restart

boehoeboehoe
finished super fast the first serum , steph wanted to test and you guess it error appear

my next step is trying the mod (never used it before , even didnt know there was a mod hahahaha)
if that wont help i wait for next updat

thanks for your response and time to help me

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
Since fix+mod wasn't updated to 39.1 yet, can you write (or give link for) instruction for fixing it by hands??
-------------
upd
Nevermind, I just saw the public 39.3 on his patreon page. Gonna try this one out.
v0.39.3 has the bug too. Was already posted here yesterday with this version. The mod is linked on the first page. You have to follow this link and download the developer and the bugfix version directly from the respective server. The team is constantly working to improve and fix bugs for the game.

poldy

Jan 13, 2019
not sure what i did wrong, i instaled mod and bugfix just as instalation info said and thiss error occur

idk if you have any advice i would be gratefull

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
i have this problem after asking to drink serum
It's the same issue I am discussing above. Download 39.3 using the link on the patreon page.
It's fixed there. Alternatively you would need to go through a number of files and fix more than just it.
Every time he has a use serum function similar to that in the definition he added in ,the_serum in the variables for calling the function. They all would need to be removed on all the function definitions.
Eample: That error is caused in \game\major_game_classes\serum_related\SerumDesign.rpy
Line 98
Python:
def run_on_turn(self, the_person, the_serum):
needs to be changed to
Python:
def run_on_turn(self, the_person):
you would also need to fix line 105,110,114 in the same file.
That's just the start of the issues.
You are better just downloading the new version.
PC link listed on patreon :
MAC link
android link

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
not sure what i did wrong, i instaled mod and bugfix just as instalation info said and thiss error occur

idk if you have any advice i would be gratefull
You installed the 38.1 version of the Unofficial Bugfix on top of the 39.x. It's not compatible. You need the latest beta version of the Unofficial Bugfix (and of the Mod, if you want that too, I would recommend it). It already works pretty fine with the latest game version (39.3).

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
Currently, the links from Lab Rats 2 are out of date. The old v0.39.1 is shown on the first page. Please download v0.39.3 from the Patreon website, this is currently the current version. The links from the mod are also out of date, they are for v0.38.1 and not compatible with the current version.
This link leads you to the bugfix for v0.39.3:

This link leads you to the mod for v0.39.3:

Officially it has not been mentioned or confirmed anywhere, but since the new v0.93 it is possible to use the bugfix alone.
Tristimdorion told me the following:
That should work but note that the save games are not compatible between bugfix and original.
So it can be played with or without the mod.

Both files are required and expand the game with additional tasks, serums ... and whoever wants a chance to cheat. The files can change several times a day, but it is not necessary to reload them after each change. An exception would be if you get endless error messages. I also point out that the mod is a beta version and is more intended for testing. But I can say myself that it works.

If you want to give someone a serum and get an error message, you can edit the script:

I wanted to leave the whole thing as info for those who have problems with the game.

Yesterday I updated my game with bugfix and mod. My game version has been v0.39.3 since it was released. Now when I loaded my save I got this: LR2 Warning.jpg Gradually I get used to it with a smile when restarting the game.:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Let's start a new one.

Last edited:

EquinoxGG

Jul 4, 2020
Android not working, it downloads and installs fine but when I open the game it loads for about 15 seconds and closes. I've tried the original link and the fixed version posted above but still not working. Anyone know what's going wrong?

Krankeseele

Aug 3, 2017
How can I enter or trigger DikDok n OnlyFanatics, some girl's are telling ("Yeah iam on Dikdok n BlaBla")but I have only on my Phone InstaPic.....What Iam missing?.

hsvsunshyn

Aug 10, 2017
Currently, the links from Lab Rats 2 are out of date. The old v0.39.1 is shown on the first page. Please download v0.39.3 from the Patreon website, this is currently the current version. The links from the mod are also out of date, they are for v0.38.1 and not compatible with the current version.

Both files are required and expand the game with additional tasks, serums ... and whoever wants a chance to cheat. The files can change several times a day, but it is not necessary to reload them after each change. An exception would be if you get endless error messages. I also point out that the mod is a beta version and is more intended for testing. But I can say myself that it works.

There is a second mod that I would like to refer to. I would call it a "Vanilla Bugfix". It doesn’t offer that big of extensions for the game, but it is supposed to fix the bugs in the game. You can find it here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/post-5551392
If you get an error message with the serum, you can edit a script file as a third option. It has already been posted several times here in the forum what needs to be changed where. In general, it cannot be ruled out that other errors may also appear in the game.

Who does what now, I leave that up to everyone. My recommendation is to use one of the two mods, since exchanging a file is the easier way.
I wanted to leave the whole thing as info for those who have problems with the game.

Yesterday I updated my game with bugfix and mod. My game version has been v0.39.3 since it was released. Now when I loaded my save I got this: View attachment 1143678 Gradually I get used to it with a smile when restarting the game.:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Let's start a new one.
Thank you for these options.

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
How can I enter or trigger DikDok n OnlyFanatics, some girl's are telling ("Yeah iam on Dikdok n BlaBla")but I have only on my Phone InstaPic.....What Iam missing?.
I had bid Stephanie cash for nude photography several times on InstaPic. At some point I got their OnlyFanatics access, which you can subscribe to with money. I hadn't had DikDok either. Note: I play with the mod and as far as I know there is only InstaPic in the vanilla game.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020

There is a second mod that I would like to refer to. I would call it a "Vanilla Bugfix". It doesn’t offer that big of extensions for the game, but it is supposed to fix the bugs in the game. You can find it here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/post-5551392
If you get an error message with the serum, you can edit a script file as a third option. It has already been posted several times here in the forum what needs to be changed where. In general, it cannot be ruled out that other errors may also appear in the game.

Who does what now, I leave that up to everyone. My recommendation is to use one of the two mods, since exchanging a file is the easier way.

Yesterday I updated my game with bugfix and mod. My game version has been v0.39.3 since it was released. Now when I loaded my save I got this: View attachment 1143678 Gradually I get used to it with a smile when restarting the game.:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Let's start a new one.
The one you refereed to as a vanilla bug fix doesn't actually fix any bugs. It does make some small improvements over bad choices made by the developer.
Other wise thanks for pointing to it.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
If anyone is looking for purely an update for the PC version from 39.1 to 39.3 just the updated files you can use this.
It is just the few RPY files that changed between 39.1 and 39.3 They are contained in their perspective folders.
So just unzip it in the 39.1 directory and tell it to replace files. IT should save you some downloading

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I had bid Stephanie cash for nude photography several times on InstaPic. At some point I got their OnlyFanatics access, which you can subscribe to with money. I hadn't had DikDok either. Note: I play with the mod and as far as I know there is only InstaPic in the vanilla game.
Looks like it is in the game from what I can see. That's from 39.3 below. I got the same thing on 39.1 one also. Hope that helps. Notepad++ "Search / Find in files" works pretty well.
dikdok.png

Reactions: toolkitxx

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
Looks like it is in the game from what I can see. That's from 39.3 below. I got the same thing on 39.1 one also. Hope that helps. Notepad++ "Search / Find in files" works pretty well.
View attachment 1144770
First I would like to say that I do not program and I also do not look at every script that has been implemented or changed. My knowledge is just enough to maybe change something.
I would also like to point out that there are people who cannot or do not want to make changes in scripts. For people like that, the easiest way is to exchange a file. Most should be able to do that.

Back to the accounts:
I only play the game with Mod and most are on InstaPic with an account. So far I haven't had anyone with an account on DikDok and only Stephanie was once available on OnlyFanatics. It's also not about the question of whether it is built in, because this was already in v0.38.1.
The most frequently asked questions that I have already read several times are: Do which appear on the other accounts? How do I get these on the other accounts or what do I have to do to make them appear there?
My experiences that I share here come from what I have achieved in the game and not from browsing through scripts.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
v0.38.1 and not compatible with the current version.

I don't know who you are, but I love you)

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes