smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
Reading through the changelog, it seems like there were a few non-bugfix changes in the week between the patreon and the public release. Characters can now have colored auras similar to the original Lab rats. You can turn off the frames around characters. (unless required by the scene) Stat, work, and sex points can now be purchased using Clarity. Also, Steph now starts at 14 sluttiness rather than 24 to allow for better event flow. There were also some changes to character spacing and the color pallet.

For the clarity stat purchasing change the changelog only says it costs 50 for the first purchase and then doubles after each purchase, so depending on whether that is per individual stat, or (worst case) per point, costs are going to range between pretty darn expensive and insanely expensive. I'll have to check it out at some point.

ThePenIsMighty

Oct 4, 2017
I fixed a bug with the humiliating punishments.

line 838 of punishishments.rpy in \Lab_Rats_2-v0.40.1-pc\game sets the crisis removal requirements wrong.
It reads:
Python:
$ clear_action = Action("Clear employee busywork", employee_humiliating_work_role, "employee_humiliating_work_remove_requirement", args = the_person, requirement_args = [the_person, day + 7])
It should read:
Python:
$ clear_action = Action("Clear employee humiliating work", employee_humiliating_work_remove_requirement, "employee_humiliating_work_remove_label", args = the_person, requirement_args = [the_person, day + 7])
The check_requirements function is blowing up because it's expecting the requirement function to be passed for the requirement parameter, but is receiving the role instead. Likewise, it's expecting the effects parameter to receive a string (for some reason) containing the name of the removal function, but is receiving a string containing the name of the requirement function instead.

Fixing this should allow humiliating punishments to work properly. However if you already have humiliating punishment removal actions queued in the mandatory_crises_list, the fix will not address those as they were already added to the list incorrectly.

To address the previous erroneous crisis actions, I added a few lines above the is_action_enabled check in the advance_time label. It was line 411 of my script.rpy file that reads:
Python:
        if crisis.is_action_enabled():
            $ crisis.call_action()
Just above that (within the same While loop) I inserted:
Python:
        if crisis.effect == "employee_humiliating_work_remove_requirement":
            $ crisis.effect = "employee_humiliating_work_remove_label"
            $ crisis.requirement = employee_humiliating_work_remove_requirement
            $ crisis.name = "Clear employee humilating work"
That reassignment cleans any of the invalid humiliating work removal actions in mandatory_crises_list, and should become irrelevant going forward assuming the first fix I mentioned is also implemented.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't really know how to package this as a fix, but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can do that.
Excellent work. Thank you for this fix!

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

some things have changed in the vanilla game as it sees ...
using the console

the_person.base_outfit.accessories.remove(filter(lambda x : x in [big_glasses, modern_glasses], the_person.base_outfit.accessories)[0])
no longer removes the glasses but gives back Index Error: list index out of range

the_person.skin = "tan" or "black" or "white" how do you change this correct?

an how to change faces?

can anybody bring me up to speed how this three things work with console commands in this version?
Not sure if this will work for v0.41.1 (waiting for a compressed version), but this will work for v0.40.1:
Code:
the_person.base_outfit.accessories.remove(filter(lambda x : "Glasses" in x.name, the_person.base_outfit.accessories)[0])
The code for assigning stuff to base outfits must have changed between then and now. It's the difference between every character wearing the same pair of glasses (big_glasses, modern_glasses) and characters wearing copies of those glasses (copy of big_glasses, copy of modern_glasses). The previous console command searched for those original glasses on the character and ignores copies of the glasses.

Reactions: Draculesti

Jester35

Jul 28, 2017
Hello people, I have someone stuck at 48 love. It's not a main character as far as I'm aware. She keep saying she wants things to keep CASUAL. Is this hard locked or there is some way to raise it? I can't even raise or reduce it with cheats

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes