dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I haven't bothered to update to latest version due to what I've been reading here. It seems this version is more bug ridden than ever. Is this a fair assessment?
I wouldn't say that. The one repeatedly posted, the grid overfull one, might be caused by the mod (I'm not claiming that for sure because I haven't experienced it myself - just guessing based on something posted on the patreon) so if they don't fix it themselves using the instructions from Vren they'll just have to wait for the mod to fix it. The others I've encountered were pretty easily fixed by correcting typos in the code.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
I wouldn't say that. The one repeatedly posted, the grid overfull one, might be caused by the mod (I'm not claiming that for sure because I haven't experienced it myself - just guessing based on something posted on the patreon) so if they don't fix it themselves using the instructions from Vren they'll just have to wait for the mod to fix it. The others I've encountered were pretty easily fixed by correcting typos in the code.
Ok thx for the reply. Will look into giving it a go in a bit

Reactions: dalzomo

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Just to compare notes, aside from the bug in the post I'm replying to and what's been reported in the last few pages (i.e., since the last update) what other bugs have you encountered?
I don't keep notes of the bugs that I encounter during playing, so these are just the ones I remember (and which I haven't mentioned in my previous posts).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Accidentally put a couple points beneath the wrong heading.
EDIT2: Wrapped stuff in spoiler tags.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalzomo

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I don't keep notes of the bugs that I encounter during playing, so these are just the ones I remember (and which I haven't mentioned in my previous posts).

Bugs not fixed in the community mod & bug fix
  • In random_generation_function.rpy, there is a discrepancy between the variables custom_font and my_custom_font. This problem only shows up if you try to create a character while assigning a custom font, which doesn't happen in the base game. I just like replacing the patreon reward characters with my own so I encountered this.
  • In Person.rpy, the cum_in_mouth function does not give happiness due to discrepancy between drinking cum and drinking_cum.
  • In Person.rpy, the run_turn function calls the bleed_slut function but the run_day function does not (nor does it call run_turn). This means that suggestion serums are wasted during the middle of the night since core sluttiness doesn't change. I don't know if this is actually a design decision or a bug.

Bugs fixed in the community mod & bug fix
  • In Person.rpy, the cum_in_ass function takes into account someone's creampies opinion but not anal creampies.
  • In Person.rpy, the wants_creampie function works the opposite of intended. If someone is not single, they are MORE likely to want it; if they hate cheating, they are MORE likely to want it; if they are your girlfriend, they are LESS likely to want it; etc.
  • If you run into your employees outside of work, you can switch their jobs which creates a clone. I'd actually mentioned this in a previous post but I had mistakenly assumed that it was a problem limited only to Alexia. Having a clone means that serums run out twice as fast since it's being run twice per turn. This needs to be fixed so that the option is only available when the employee is actually at work (so modify move_employee_requirement in role_employee.rpy). I did not look into how the bug fix actually resolved creation of clones.
  • In dates.rpy, you cannot actually choose a movie that a generic character will like. For example, the comparison the_person.personality is wild_personality will fail even if the person really does have a wild personality. I'm not sure if the problem is the use of is which is comparing identity as opposed to using == to compare for equality. At any rate, I just changed it to the_person.personality.personality_type_prefix == wild_personality.personality_type_prefix. This is an issue with all personalities, not just wild personality.
  • In crises.rpy, the horny_at_work_crisis makes use of the_choice to tag an employee. However, the_choice is also used in coding for the various sex mechanics so the saved employee gets overwritten and causes the game to throw an error later. Rename the variable in crises.rpy.
  • In sleep_LTE.rpy, groping with panties on gives more arousal than with them off. I didn't actually look into the code about this issue.
  • There is a maximum and minimum value for love. If I feed a girl enough love potions at once, she will end up with lower love than she started once they wear off.
  • There is a minimum value for max arousal. If I feed a girl enough pleasure center stimulators at once, she will end up with greater than 100 max arousal once they wear off.

Exploits
  • With some luck (ie save scumming), the player can potentially cum infinite times onto/into a sleeping girl as long as she doesn't wake up. You can raise happiness/sluttiness quickly assuming that the girl has any positive opinion for creampies, drinking cum, being covered in cum, or cum facials.
  • You can get a girl to have stats as high as you want by feeding them multiple sedatives/performance inhibitors followed by natural talent, then just wait for the former to wear off. (You would have to do this for multiple rounds since stats only get "deducted" if they are greater than zero. No matter how many sedatives you feed a girl who only had 5 in all stats, then she only gets back 5 when they wear off. So feed a natural talent, then 7 sedatives, rinse and repeat.)
Right on. I don't like the custom fonts so I use a little standalone file Trist whipped up a while back to nuke them. I had figured out the movie date problem but not the horny at work bug yet, and I guess I'm too tame in my playing to try for exploits so I didn't know any of those lol

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
I swear, every fucking time I play this I get cucked out of Steph by some goddamn rando way before I can reasonably ask her to be my GF.

You would have thought they'd have thought to lock her from this irritating mechanic, but no

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
I swear, every fucking time I play this I get cucked out of Steph by some goddamn rando way before I can reasonably ask her to be my GF.

You would have thought they'd have thought to lock her from this irritating mechanic, but no
That used to happen to me. I've made it a point to grab her early on.

Small talk to 10, Compliments to 20, flirt to 25, and back to Small talk again to 35. Lunch dates, then dinner the first Friday.

Can make her GF after dinner that first Friday.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Just save scum the random events if you don't like their effect. Loading gets a new RNG outcome.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes