none589

Mar 12, 2018
I'm getting a crash after almost any action that advances time. I can ignore it and continue but some reason none of the employees show up to work even on weekdays now.
Open /game/script.rpy and go to line 417
if day % y == 5 or day % 7 == 6: #TODO: add support for expanding workdays​
Change the line to the following
if day % 7 == 5 or day % 7 == 6: #TODO: add support for expanding workdays​
Save and re-open the game. Seems to have fixed the time advance crashes for me.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
I hate to pile on but the girls are SO homely, TOO manly looking. I loved Lab Rats 1, but this really doesn't have anything in common with it. He should have chosen a completely different name. It's almost like a text based game which I haven't played since the 90's. Seems overly complicated too.

Having said all this, I know creating games is a LOT if work so I applaud Vren's effort but I thinks it's time to start over. He is at $2000 on his Patreon page so he definitely has some support, maybe I'm in the minority here.

Reactions: Fossilf

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
I agree, the dude is working and making a good gameplay, but the girls he's using are just so plain looking :(
I mean, I don't want to corrupt my IRL female neighbor, but unreal sexy girls who make like 1% of the population...

Reactions: CaptMorgan76

A.L.C

Aug 23, 2017
Honestly I think Vren should have started the game fleshing out characters like the first game and adding people like Stephanie first. The random characters could have come as a lower priority thing, they don't even really have proper backgrounds and lack the same stuff the first Lab Rats had. (Not to mention they don't look as attractive as the girls in the first game.)

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
It's not the worst. It was the wrong way to go about making this as a sequel to the first game but he did say he took this approach to make it easy for modders to create content (at the very beginning) yet haven't seen anyone attempt to create content for this, which I have no clue how to do. This could of been an entirely different standalone game and that would of been fine but making it a sequel to a very popular game was a bad idea.

zippydan

Dec 17, 2016
Crash as soon as we talk to Stephanie.
I am also getting this bug.

Did anyone else get it? This seems like the core part of the game update.

edit: NVM none589's fix solves this

none589 said:
if day % y == 5 or day % 7 == 6: #TODO: add support for expanding workdays
if day % 7 == 5 or day % 7 == 6: #TODO: add support for expanding workdays

Reactions: Jackbite and banhka

Booki

Oct 14, 2017
if day % y == 5 or day % 7 == 6: #TODO: add support for expanding workdays​
if day % 7 == 5 or day % 7 == 6: #TODO: add support for expanding workdays​
Thank you. This fixed everything.

Jackbite

Jan 2, 2018
I am also getting this bug.

Did anyone else get it? This seems like the core part of the game update.

edit: NVM none589's fix solves this
Thank You + You've taught me something new! I usually Wait for the Dev to fix these But i gave it as go, & hey presto Solved Nice one.. None589

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
I'm getting tons of console crashes, I suspect because I edited the script file to add 500 character points... is there a max to your stats that may be causing this?

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Lab Rats 2 [v0.8.1] [Vren] - Original Size: 865MB

Download PC (180MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
I'm getting tons of console crashes, I suspect because I edited the script file to add 500 character points... is there a max to your stats that may be causing this?
Same thing being reported on Patreon. 0.8.0 was pretty solid on my play-through... No real reason in my view to cheat character points with > .8 as the new quests give PLENTY of points.

is he ever gonna get rid of the nasty looking girls he is using...
Yeah... A bit too much of a women's softball team vibe for me. But what he's doing, with the dynamic creation and rendering of the models, is pretty ground-breaking in my view, and the feature and gameplay updates continue to make the engine better. But yeah, the Honey select models are tough to beat.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes