Magi17

Jul 29, 2017
Heres a collection of info/console commands gleaned from trial and error + other users here etc (i take no credit):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
EDIT: Since its been linked to the front page i will try to keep this updated. If you think something is missing, drop me a PM.
Something you can add is editing the chance for the social media apps like instapic in the personality types. On each personlity type there is a line that says
insta_chance = xx, dikdok_chance = xx)
just change whatever the xx is to a higher number like 99 to have all types have instapic, dikdok, etc.

Reactions: KEKBUR

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
I played the game a few years ago when Lab Rats 1 was completed and wanted to give this another try.

I like it. Although I have to say that I am not sure what to make of it. The beginning is quite hard until you can produce a serum that actually makes enough money to support 5 employees. Once you reached that point, money is no longer a problem. What is a problem is the hiring process. It is just save scumming, cause you don't want to waste time and money on some 45 year old candidates with bad stats.

There is no quest log, you barely know what you can do or what you have been missing. Interactions between the characters are almost non-existing. Smalltalk > 2xLunch > cinema > Ka-ching. Next one please. Getting the sister over that 30 love stat mark is a bit of a hurdle, but other than that, most of the interactions are very similar. Also why are these women getting a boyfried, marrying them and split up all the time? Like the main character cares.

So, is there an actual story, am I missing something? I noticed that the last update added new serums and stuff, but other than that, I am not sure what to make of the game.

Btw can I employ the family at some point? I know Alexia turns up, but what about the rest?

Last edited:
Reactions: lewdman89

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I played the game a few years ago when Lab Rats 1 was completed and wanted to give this another try.

I like it. Although I have to say that I am not sure what to make of it. The beginning is quite hard until you can produce a serum that actually makes enough money to support 5 employees. Once you reached that point, money is no longer a problem. What is a problem is the hiring process. It is just save scumming, cause you don't want to waste time and money on some 45 year old candidates with bad stats.

There is no quest log, you barely know what you can do or what you have been missing. Interactions between the characters are almost non-existing. Smalltalk > 2xLunch > cinema > Ka-ching. Next one please. Getting the sister over that 30 love stat mark is a bit of a hurdle, but other than that, most of the interactions are very similar. Also why are these women getting a boyfried, marrying them and split up all the time? Like the main character cares.

So, is there an actual story, am I missing something? I noticed that the last update added new serums and stuff, but other than that, I am not sure what to make of the game.

Btw can I employ the family at some point? I know Alexia turns up, but what about the rest?
As I understand, Vren mainly implements the mechanics right now, only a little bit of events and almost no story up to now. Maybe that changes later.

I cannot help and not really explain why, but I played this game I think half a dozen times already over the years. I totally get lost in optimizing everything.

You are right with save scumming, though. That's also true for the beginning before you know how happy your first employees will be after a week so that they do not quit faster than you can hire them. Also, the first serum you develop must not have bad side effects, so this is a save-load loop as well until you get it right.

Reactions: lewdman89

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
I just screwed up another save file by running out of money, before developing a proper serum. :D I feel like there should be a curve.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017

Primitive Serum Production + Basic Medical Application = Basic Medical Moneymaker

Research required: 100. Production cost: 40. Expected Profit: 136.

That gives incomes until it can be upgraded with whatever which rises that Expected Profit.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017

Try the mod, as it does assist with making the game easier in many ways. It also adds several unique characters with their own storylines and some have unique game play mechanics. Such as one in which as you unlock specific business policies you can do a basic custom search for an employee, no more save scumming.

Although, the beginning is always difficult. Even with cheating stats and clarity I'v found myself bankrupt a few times.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016

Primitive Serum Production + Basic Medical Application = Basic Medical Moneymaker

Research required: 100. Production cost: 40. Expected Profit: 136.

That gives incomes until it can be upgraded with whatever which rises that Expected Profit.
This, and don't be too proud to wander downtown looking for lost wallets ^_^

Reactions: oldshoe

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
This, and don't be too proud to wander downtown looking for lost wallets ^_^
I always return those. But I stopped doing that long ago anyways. Found it too rediculous meeting a whore who is not slutty enough to fuck you. Did he change that meanwhile?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Try the mod, as it does assist with making the game easier in many ways. It also adds several unique characters with their own storylines and some have unique game play mechanics. Such as one in which as you unlock specific business policies you can do a basic custom search for an employee, no more save scumming.

Although, the beginning is always difficult. Even with cheating stats and clarity I'v found myself bankrupt a few times.
I looked into the mod and find it too far away from the original game. All that one needs is a starter set: pre-defined first five employees (incl. Steph) who would not quit after the first week and who have decent stats, plus a guaranteed side-effect-free first serum design would do the trick.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I always return those. But I stopped doing that long ago anyways. Found it too rediculous meeting a whore who is not slutty enough to fuck you. Did he change that meanwhile?
I mean don't return the wallet and keep the $200. Helps get through the first week or so if you do that a few times, though I never have trouble with my routine anyway

My routine: Make the aforementioned no-frills basic meds serum for initial production. It practically never rolls with a side-effect but just roll-back, qsave and qload if it does until it doesn't. Hire 2 supply and 2 production employees. Try to get over 30 productivity in their job, but high 20s is fine too. I live dangerously and pay the $500 for the first serum production boost business policy but that's just me. Sell serums yourself and keep efficiency high <- this is the major downfall of most newbies. They don't manage the business every day and so efficiency tanks
Next I save money until I have enough to buy the first uniform policy and male model whatsit policy for the sales boost. I don't think you actually need anyone in marketing - just have a uniform assigned but don't quote me on that. Then I work my way up the uniform policies and serum production policies, hiring 1 more supply and production along the way until Alexia is available, which is when I hire her and a few new researchers, supply, or production - whichever I feel I need most

frepyou

Aug 4, 2018
few questions
how the heck do i keep all the girls happy they end up quitting way to fast *money cheat used*
is there away to increase max energy or console command to replenish it

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
the_person.happiness=200
in the console is one way
mc.energy=100
is an other way
First go every day to them and waste your energie to speak with them, make small talk, flirt with her, compliment her, what ever work best.
when you get them in trance train them that they love their work (research work, supply work etc.) working ... and if they hate or dislike anything work, train that away
i think it is also simpel to get to the medical first serum very quick, when you start producing it (and get more money than you need to get over the weekend and monday, make a performance review with every employes and grant them more money for job good done, at this stage i never had problems with my employes)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I mean don't return the wallet and keep the $200. Helps get through the first week or so if you do that a few times, though I never have trouble with my routine anyway

My routine: Make the aforementioned no-frills basic meds serum for initial production. It practically never rolls with a side-effect but just roll-back, qsave and qload if it does until it doesn't. Hire 2 supply and 2 production employees. Try to get over 30 productivity in their job, but high 20s is fine too. I live dangerously and pay the $500 for the first serum production boost business policy but that's just me. Sell serums yourself and keep efficiency high <- this is the major downfall of most newbies. They don't manage the business every day and so efficiency tanks
Next I save money until I have enough to buy the first uniform policy and male model whatsit policy for the sales boost. I don't think you actually need anyone in marketing - just have a uniform assigned but don't quote me on that. Then I work my way up the uniform policies and serum production policies, hiring 1 more supply and production along the way until Alexia is available, which is when I hire her and a few new researchers, supply, or production - whichever I feel I need most
I do it almost the same, except that I hire all five girls at once (with skills suitable one for R&D (Steph of course), and one for each other deparment). But I firstly assign *all* to R&D until the first serum design is finished, then I assign *all* for one turn only to Supply, then I leave two at Supply and assign three to Production for one turn until the first serum is produced, then I assign one girl to each department where she belongs.

Income should not be an issue after that and it takes only three days for your business to become efficient. MC does not need to do anything himself except helping here and there and keeping the girls happy.

What I wanted to know with my question about the whores not being slutty is exactly this: If I wander the streets and meet a whore, can I fuck her already or do I need to smalltalk her into loving me so that I can date her and finally start corrupting her? That's plainly ridiculous and the reason I do not wander the streets any more.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I do it almost the same, except that I hire all five girls at once (with skills suitable one for R&D (Steph of course), and one for each other deparment). But I firstly assign *all* to R&D until the first serum design is finished, then I assign *all* for one turn only to Supply, then I leave two at Supply and assign three to Production for one turn until the first serum is produced, then I assign one girl to each department where she belongs.

Income should not be an issue after that and it takes only three days for your business to become efficient. MC does not need to do anything himself except helping here and there and keeping the girls happy.

What I wanted to know with my question about the whores not being slutty is exactly this: If I wander the streets and meet a whore, can I fuck her already or do I need to smalltalk her into loving me so that I can date her and finally start corrupting her? That's plainly ridiculous and the reason I do not wander the streets any more.
No idea. I never bother with prostitutes when I've got Steph at work

You really don't need anyone in sales or hr for the first few weeks but if that's working for you then right on. I only hire two a day because I want a full day's work out of them but I might try hiring faster once to see how that goes. Thanks

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
No idea. I never bother with prostitutes when I've got Steph at work

You really don't need anyone in sales or hr for the first few weeks but if that's working for you then right on. I only hire two a day because I want a full day's work out of them but I might try hiring faster once to see how that goes. Thanks
Of you dont have one in HR you will have to organize the business manually every other turn yourself. And I thought one girl in Marketing is needed in oder to sell your serum...?

Reactions: Ssato243

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Of you dont have one in HR you will have to organize the business manually every other turn yourself. And I thought one girl in Marketing is needed in oder to sell your serum...?
Yeah you do or do it yourself till your other old friend turns up in mod, but do not need to do that when stock is still low first few days, might as well let her produce.

Prostitutes you can just pay money when you have met them.

Reactions: dalzomo

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Unless you're unlocking the discipline policies early you shouldn't need to organize business more than once a day (I do it in the early morning slot) until you break 7 employees. Letting it drop down to 90 or 80% isn't bad. It's when players let it get under 70 (50 appears to be the minimum btw) that they start seeing real problems. And yeah like DA22 said, I sell the serums myself when enough are built up so I'm not wasting my turn. But again, if it's working for you don't worry about it unless you're obsessed with efficiency like I am lol. There's something to be said for never being under pressure to do those things yourself

Reactions: DA22
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes