Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
When you see that "return" button in options starting a new game and it's already 0.8.1 version ... I think it's self-describing lack of polish >_<

P.S. Heh yes - I'm total pervert that dig into options of every H-game. :p

ScaryTED

Jul 24, 2017
Does anyone else think the new models have moved farther into the uncanny valley than the ones from the first game? It put me off a little.

ScaryTED

Jul 24, 2017
I'd been running into an error a lot which seemed to be causing all my employees to never come in to work. Apparently the game always thought it was the weekend. If you go into the game folder, open script.rpy, then search for "day % y" (without the quotation marks) and replace the y with a 7 and that fixes the issue.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
I'd been running into an error a lot which seemed to be causing all my employees to never come in to work. Apparently the game always thought it was the weekend. If you go into the game folder, open script.rpy, then search for "day % y" (without the quotation marks) and replace the y with a 7 and that fixes the issue.
Yes, this is basically what the 0.8.1 hotfix does. You can get it from Vren's Patreon page (see the OP), or search this thread. BTW, @Twistty and @N7, the hotfix should be downloadable directly from the OP, or we'll see messages like this again and again.

Reactions: N7

LoccDogg

Apr 16, 2018
How do I select a new head researcher? Is it bugged? Every time I select the option it shows me the people in the R&D and when I press on them it only shows their stats and the button to go back.

eugenene

Apr 19, 2018
How do I select a new head researcher? Is it bugged? Every time I select the option it shows me the people in the R&D and when I press on them it only shows their stats and the button to go back.
I guess that part is bugged. The select button is also missing for the three test subjets the head researcher (never removed Stephanie) requires for the research progression at some point. At this point there's not even the "go back" button. We will probably have to wait for the next bug fix.

Reactions: LoccDogg

PTC

May 26, 2018
I keep running into an issue where my daily "Supplies Procured" tops out at 747 units, no matter how many people I have working in the Supply department. I've looked through the console commands to figure out if there's an upper limit deliberately programmed in, or if there's a cheat to work around this problem, but to no avail. Can someone who knows more about ren'py coding help me figure out a workaround to this issue?

Thanks!

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
I keep running into an issue where my daily "Supplies Procured" tops out at 747 units, no matter how many people I have working in the Supply department. I've looked through the console commands to figure out if there's an upper limit deliberately programmed in, or if there's a cheat to work around this problem, but to no avail. Can someone who knows more about ren'py coding help me figure out a workaround to this issue?

Thanks!
I'll need to check it, but my guess is, supply procurement stops once your supply stockpile reaches the goal. Did you try to increase the supply goal? The stockpile is then reduced by the production girls, who turn supply into serums. Maybe your producers only use a total of 747 supply units a day, so there's no need to buy more? To be honest, I usually stop expanding my company once I have ~10 girls in supply and one less in production, so I have never run into this limit.

PTC

May 26, 2018
I'll need to check it, but my guess is, supply procurement stops once your supply stockpile reaches the goal. Did you try to increase the supply goal? The stockpile is then reduced by the production girls, who turn supply into serums. Maybe your producers only use a total of 747 supply units a day, so there's no need to buy more? To be honest, I usually stop expanding my company once I have ~10 girls in supply and one less in production, so I have never run into this limit.
*hits self on forehead* YOU ARE CORRECT. Silly me. It just didn't even occur to me that the amount of supplies I was using was that close to the limit! Thank you for pointing this out.

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
I guess that part is bugged. The select button is also missing for the three test subjets the head researcher (never removed Stephanie) requires for the research progression at some point. At this point there's not even the "go back" button. We will probably have to wait for the next bug fix.
The 'Select' - Button is on the right side, mostly out of screen. For me about 1pixel was visible (next to the right window border) and clickable :)
So i got around this Bug.

eugenene

Apr 19, 2018
The 'Select' - Button is on the right side, mostly out of screen. For me about 1pixel was visible (next to the right window border) and clickable :)
So i got around this Bug.
All I get is this screen: (Solution in Edit)
selection.png
Clicked the right side of the screen like a maniac, but still nothing.

Edit: I checked the patreon page and someone having the same issue there found the reason. In my case it's Jennifer's name that is too long, causing the select button to move out of the screen. I guess that's also the issue with assigning a new head researcher some people experience. Stephanie is a quite long name and her surname is random, so you might get lucky there or not.
Solution: You need to get "rid" of long name girls. So to reassign the head researcher, move the long names to a different department temporarily. For the test subject selection you will either have to fire the long names in the list, or disqualify them from selection by getting their obedience below 120. Complementing their work does the job.

Edit2: On a sidenote, each column of that chart seems to be scaled to the size of the left (name) column, so a long name can realy explode things. I didn't realize at first, the HR and marketing columns were missing aswell, so no way I could have clicked that one pixel of the select button ;) .
Anyway, here is what it should look like:
selection2.png

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
So... lucky me :)
I'll have a look into the code. Maybe i can provide a hot fix for the column width problem.
A quick hotfix could be finding a way to enable the horizontal scrollbar in the table. Some tables have a vertical scrollbar (I'm not sure if this table has it), you could look them up. Or maybe the column width should depend on text length - it doesn't make sense to have the same width for columns with long names and for those with just numbers.

eugenene

Apr 19, 2018
A quick hotfix could be finding a way to enable the horizontal scrollbar in the table. Some tables have a vertical scrollbar (I'm not sure if this table has it), you could look them up. Or maybe the column width should depend on text length - it doesn't make sense to have the same width for columns with long names and for those with just numbers.
Layout of UI and text is quite messed throughout several parts of the game. At rooms where more than 6 or 7 people are present you do get a scroll bar to interact with all of those, however the bottom character bottom is mostly behind the menu an off screen. Same for conversation that has too many words in one bubble. But yes, those are minor things. However I found the thing that eployees can crash your business with nothing but their long name quite hillarious.
"Hey can we get the research started please?" - "Nope Jennifer from HR has Farrowsdoter as last name, either fire her, or ask her to marry someone with no more than 8 letters in their last name."

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
[...] employees can crash your business with nothing but their long name [...]
Come to think of it, this might be the reason the game uses just the initial instead of the full name in some places. A messy workaround for messy code...

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
I played a bit with the code and found a solution to the width problem. With my limited coding skills the only way to fix it was to add scrollbars to the grid. Looks ugly, but it works ;)

This file is slightly modded:
- day % 7 fix included
- fixed bug when no suitable uniform was found (now all girls show up at work, if sluttiness is not high enough, they wear no uniform but their own clothes)
- added scroll bars to employee overview screen
- added posibility to strip a girl when she is obedient enough (Modify their wardrobe.)
- tried to make the uniform selection a bit sluttiness dependend

All my modifications are between #mod and #/mod.

Simply replace your sript.rpy file in the game-subfolder (make sure to make a backup of the file before)

Hope it works for you

Matt

Reactions: eugenene

eugenene

Apr 19, 2018
I played a bit with the code and found a solution to the width problem. With my limited coding skills the only way to fix it was to add scrollbars to the grid. Looks ugly, but it works ;)

This file is slightly modded:
- day % 7 fix included
- fixed bug when no suitable uniform was found (now all girls show up at work, if sluttiness is not high enough, they wear no uniform but their own clothes)
- added scroll bars to employee overview screen
- added posibility to strip a girl when she is obedient enough (Modify their wardrobe.)
- tried to make the uniform selection a bit sluttiness dependend

All my modifications are between #mod and #/mod.

Simply replace your sript.rpy file in the game-subfolder (make sure to make a backup of the file before)

Hope it works for you

Matt
Tested it and it works for me. Cheers. Just be sure to cut down the downloaded file to script.rpy, since it is named 15792_script.rpy upon download. Also renaming the old script.rpy and keeping it in the folder won't work, so make sure to remove it. Maybe someone can put it into the OP adressing head researcher and tier3 research bug.
Oh and don't worry about the looks. It's not like the game has very fancy layouts anyway.

Jan 14, 2018
"It's true. This man has no dick."--yes :-(
That's actually what I love about Lab Rats. You get just enough visual to get an impression of the girl and your imagination does the rest. It works much better for me than seeing the weirdly shaved dick of some 13 year old MC (a.ka. the standard practice).

Reactions: Darkaura

eugenene

Apr 19, 2018
We're all relatives if you go back far enough.

Yes ...you may shoot me now.
[SMARTASS] From a genetic perspective (ignoring mutation and hereditary defects), the maximum number of any person's initial ancestors is 46. By the way, it's possible for a brother and a sister to not be genetical relatives at all. The chance for that is about 0.000000000001%, assuming their parents are not related to each other. [/SMARTASS]

edit: I had my numbers wrong.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes