coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Sorry i love this Info , but WHERE i could find the list_of_traits ?
For the regular ones (including nora's testing and survey ones) looks like its been moved to
game\major_game_classes\serum_related\_serum_traits.rpy

scroll down quite a bit and youll find the various traits and the things they do.
Theres even sections there when you hit the various tier levels where it runs batches of append commands to add the various ones to the list dynamically.
I go in there to edit Primitive serum design to.. not be so primitive and let me add lots of effects to speed things along.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Yeah this seems to be a complete and total buggy mess for a main release.
and the reason why I asked, Why did someone release an unreleased version of Labrats 2, Vren releases a version to patreon, gives a week to test and then releases a fixed version. to the public, Someone couldn't wait that week.

Reactions: vitamin433

lolman94

Jul 22, 2018
Sorry i love this Info , but WHERE i could find the list_of_traits ?
As coretex said if you are looking for the file that contains this information.

For the regular ones (including nora's testing and survey ones) looks like its been moved to
game\major_game_classes\serum_related\_serum_traits.rpy

scroll down quite a bit and youll find the various traits and the things they do.
Theres even sections there when you hit the various tier levels where it runs batches of append commands to add the various ones to the list dynamically.
I go in there to edit Primitive serum design to.. not be so primitive and let me add lots of effects to speed things along.

Else if you were wondering just about what I meant with "list_of_traits" it is the name of the variable/list that contain all of the traits you can get access to in the game, if they are not in there even if they have their state to unlocked or researched you will not be able to access them. So if you want to either make your own or get access to quest related ones then that is the one what you will need to add them into.

Last edited:

paulbmos

Apr 20, 2020
Does this game have audio (music/voices/sounds etc)?

The code seems to support it, but there are no actual audio files except one, 'silence'

Would be great for added atmosphere

Krankeseele

Aug 3, 2017
Hi is there somewhere some bugg fixes? i cant play it right now,cause i got everytime tracebacks n getting the phone for Lilly doesnt work either cause in the electronic store u cant buy anything.

SukhiX

Sep 4, 2018
whats the furthest you can go with lily and jennifer in the mother and daughter insta photoshoots? x

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
Hi is there somewhere some bugg fixes? i cant play it right now,cause i got everytime tracebacks n getting the phone for Lilly doesnt work either cause in the electronic store u cant buy anything.
A guy put a fix up for that a page or two ago. But there's still several bugs with Lily even after that.

RosX

Aug 18, 2018
I think the formula for response_value is wrong. In any case, it does not work.
No commands for discover opinion "incest" although it is available option in taboo progression.

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
Yes, it's bugged (action appended incorrectly and a missing return value).

Attached a zip, go to the below path in your game dir, rename your role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy to role_sister_taboo_quests.BACKUP and extract file in the zip to there. Then load a save from before you get phone blocked.

game\game_roles\role_sister\role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy

Fix was:

Line 31, last line here add True to the return
Python:
    def sister_oral_quest_2_requirement(the_person):
        if not the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("sister_oral_quest_active", False):
            return False
        elif not the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("sister_oral_quest_progress", 0) == 1:
            return False
        elif mc.business.funds < 1200:
            return ""
        else:
            #return
            return True
Line 281, change this line:
Python:
#$ electronics_store.on_room_enter_event_list.append(Action("pi phone discover", sister_oral_quest_1_requirement, "sister_oral_taboo_break_revisit_quest_1", args = the_person, requirement_args = the_person))
$ electronics_store.actions.append(Action("pi phone discover", sister_oral_quest_1_requirement, "sister_oral_taboo_break_revisit_quest_1", args = the_person, requirement_args = the_person))
Then visit the Electronics Store and there should be a new action uh... "pi phone discover"

If you have the money available (1200) you should then get another option to buy the phone.

I recommend you wait in line because you can meet a new MILFy character. Also because scalpers can eat a d.
aw man. I saw this too late

Reactions: Heml0ck

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Also, who is buying the serums? What are the sold serums being used for? If you sell mind control serums for example, women (and men) could be getting married to creeps.
That's the thing that was bugging me the most.
Not only we have 100% of sellings, we also can't find people who buy/use the hottest product on the market!

Also money in late just.. exist?? I mean: we have sooo much, and nobody even cares that some nerd became #1 millionaire in.. what? 3 months??
Is it insane? -> yes!
Why can't I just buy a lil' castle for myself and my harem? -> no hugging idea!

So yeah, greate game and everything, but right now it needs either ENDINGS or REAL CHALLENGES in late.
Cuz boring game = bad game (and I can't just say it about LR2)

Capuchonnoir

Jul 11, 2021
Latest release is very buggy.

This game is good as long as you cheat infinite money right at the start and make a research beeline for the interesting high level serums that actually do something.

However, it is lacking a story and events. It would have been better with a finite number of pre-written characters rather than infinite random ones. I think that's what the mod does?

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
What he seems to be doing now is the equivalent of trying to make an FPS game in an Excel spreadsheet. Ren'Py really isn't made for the complexities of a business simulation game. Sure you CAN do it, but you most definitely shouldn't.
I think it's not the best thing to say, when the main product reached v0.46... better do it sooner next time, eh??
Also Vren looks like another case of "hey, I just got some skills on phyton! Gonna build my first lil' game to test them out...".

I just hope, that he/his patrons read this thread sometimes for ideas and people thoughts about game.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
I made it so I could increment the amount of work placed in production by 5% vs 10% normal.
I removed the pre-made characters from my game. They all suck.
I removed certain aspects from the personality system that has zero to do with personality and jobs and left it to the randomization.
Then I fixed the appearance of body and breast sizes by changing them into weighted tables.
Can you pls share this?? Not right now, ofc. Better wait till stable (0.46.1?) come out.

Reactions: Diconica

Jamsalad

Mar 22, 2018
Your sister path breaks on the new update after you fuck her for the first time. If I tell her I understand OR if I go the incest route, either way the game breaks and I can't ignore the second error : /

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Does this also fix the other taboo breaks with the sis? The new re-implement taboo system in this patch just gives me tons of errors and lock-loops my game after a bit.
This should fix that (a return was missing so it runs into the next code).

Sames as before, attached a zip, go to the below path in your game dir, rename your role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy to role_sister_taboo_quests.BBBACKUP and extract file in the zip to there. Then load a save from before the crash.

game\game_roles\role_sister\role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy

For those who want to edit the fix themselves:

role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy line 684-ish add the return:
Python:
        "I understand.":
            mc.name "Yeah, I guess that'll have to be enough."
            "[the_person.possessive_title] smiles and breathes a sigh of relief."
            the_person "I was worried you were going to make a big deal out of it."
            the_person "Thanks for being a cool brother [the_person.title]."
            $ the_person.change_slut(-10)
            $ mc.log_event(the_person.title + "'s taboos restored!", "float_text_red")
            # missing return
            return
I haven't seen any other bugs in the taboo quest stuff but I haven't played it all.

I think we're all playing the Patreon test/beta release 46.0, which is why there are bugs. If anyone finds the bugs too frustrating, then might be better to wait for the public fixed release, usually 46.1 in about a week. (I'm not a Patreon any more because I personally don't like the focus on framework over content - just fixing bugs here to let people have fun!)

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
what came off that bullshit additional framework dicking around the modders complained over, saying it makes it ever harder to produce 3rd party stuff?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes