Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
I have been tutoring Emily so she can take the final test so that I can hire her at the company, problem is, even after getting 100% on exam, the option for the final is not popping up. This is the first time I have ran into this problem. It worked fine on V46. Anyone else having this issue or know a solution????
I dug through the code concerning emily and I think I found the cause for the problem.

In /game/game_roles/role_student.rpy Line 40:

Code:
def student_test_intro_requirement(the_person):
        if not the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("test_rewrite_intro_enabled", False):
            return False
        else:
            return True

def student_test_requirement(the_person):
        if not the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("student_exam_rewrite_enabled", False):
            return False
        elif not university.has_person(the_person):
            return "Wait until she's on campus."
        elif day%7 == 5 or day%7 == 6:
            return "Closed on the weekend."
        elif time_of_day == 4:
            return "Too late to start the exam."
        else:
            return True

def student_offer_job_requirement(the_person):
        if not the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("student_offer_job_enabled", False):
            return False
        elif mc.business.get_employee_count() >= mc.business.max_employee_count:
            return "At employee limit."
        else:
            return True
needs to be changed into:

Code:
            return False
        return True

if not the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("student_exam_rewrite_enabled", False):
            return False
        elif time_of_day == 4:
        return True

return False
        return True
Since I dont play the vanilla version of the game, I didnt test it myself, but since these lines of codes come from the (bugfixed) modded version of 0.49.2, they should be working. Give it a try

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Guys, i got an error when advancing Serum Traits to T3. Can someone please tell me what's wrong...

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 259, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 380, in script call
    $ _return.call_action(the_person)
  File "game/game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpy", line 529, in script
    if __builtin__.len(mc.business.get_requirement_employee_list(core_slut_required = 40, obedience_required = 120)) <= 3: # If you don't have enough people who meet the requirements just get an update.
  File "game/game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpy", line 529, in <module>
    if __builtin__.len(mc.business.get_requirement_employee_list(core_slut_required = 40, obedience_required = 120)) <= 3: # If you don't have enough people who meet the requirements just get an update.
  File "game/major_game_classes/business_related/Business.rpy", line 813, in get_requirement_employee_list
    if person.person_meets_requirements(**kargs):
TypeError: person_meets_requirements() got an unexpected keyword argument 'core_slut_required'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 259, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 380, in script call
    $ _return.call_action(the_person)
  File "game/game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpy", line 529, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpy", line 529, in <module>
  File "game/major_game_classes/business_related/Business.rpy", line 813, in get_requirement_employee_list
    if person.person_meets_requirements(**kargs):
TypeError: person_meets_requirements() got an unexpected keyword argument 'core_slut_required'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.50.1
Tue Mar 15 20:05:29 2022
In /game/game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpy:

Line 529:
if __builtin__.len(mc.business.get_requirement_employee_list(core_slut_required = 40, obedience_required = 120))
change to
if __builtin__.len(mc.business.get_requirement_employee_list(slut_required = 40, obedience_required = 120))
and
Line 533:
$ satisfying_list = mc.business.get_requirement_employee_list(core_slut_required = 40, obedience_required = 120, exclude_list = [the_person])
change to
$ satisfying_list = mc.business.get_requirement_employee_list(slut_required = 40, obedience_required = 120, exclude_list = [the_person])
and
Line 547:
$ possible_picks = mc.business.get_requirement_employee_list(core_slut_required = 40, obedience_required = 120, exclude_list = [the_person])
change to
$ possible_picks = mc.business.get_requirement_employee_list(slut_required = 40, obedience_required = 120, exclude_list = [the_person])

Reactions: dalzomo

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Wierd thing; new serums popped up after researching enough t0 and t1 serums I guess
Some Serum Traits require lower Tier Versions to be researched. Vanilla Game doesnt tell you which ones unlock other Traits, another qol addition the modded version provides

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Bleach hair unlocked it, I believe
That wouldnt make any sense at all... hair modification traits are only T0 and T1... they shouldnt be having anything to do with T2 traits... well, time to look into this and find out what Vren messed up this time

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Bleach hair unlocked it, I believe
Well, I looked through the trait definitions and all T2 Traits require at least one T1 or T0 Trait, so if you just rushed through the research Tier upgrades without researching any of the required Traits first, you end up with an empty list for T2 Traits. Thats the only explanation that makes sense to me. Important Traits for T2 are the Production Traits, Suggestion Traits and Medical Traits. Without researching those on T0 and T1, you end up with no T2 Traits at all.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Well, I looked through the trait definitions and all T2 Traits require at least one T1 or T0 Trait, so if you just rushed through the research Tier upgrades without researching any of the required Traits first, you end up with an empty list for T2 Traits. Thats the only explanation that makes sense to me. Important Traits for T2 are the Production Traits, Suggestion Traits and Medical Traits. Without researching those on T0 and T1, you end up with no T2 Traits at all.
Makes sense, medical was one of the last traits I looked up

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I dug through the code concerning emily and I think I found the cause for the problem.

In /game/game_roles/role_student.rpy Line 40:

Code:
            return False
        else:
            return True

return False
        elif time_of_day == 4:
        else:
            return True

return False
        else:
            return True
needs to be changed into:

Code:
            return False
        return True

return False
        elif time_of_day == 4:
        return True

return False
        return True
Since I dont play the vanilla version of the game, I didnt test it myself, but since these lines of codes come from the (bugfixed) modded version of 0.49.2, they should be working. Give it a try
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apelsin

May 23, 2017
New Poses?New Girls? New outfits? New sex scenes including MC?New storylines? Naaah, thats BS.

BUT
NEW DUTY MECHANICS AND BUG FIX!!! YAY!!!

ffs *smh*

Reactions: Necronlord3
Oct 14, 2020
He posted a poll on the patreon and the overwhelming votes are for more content. So, seems likely he will be working on more events etc for the known characters.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
He posted a poll on the patreon and the overwhelming votes are for more content. So, seems likely he will be working on more events etc for the known characters.
given his recent history will be little content on said person lots of mechanics, hireing, (employing family to business), entire girlfriend content for mom and sis and making incest part of the decision tree without making it part of the game.

over all the main game is mechanics heavy and story content light, namely becuse even when ading content is more mechanism than story.

Reactions: Thaunatas

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
(the more, the more likely he is to care about you)
This has not been my experience. I've been PMing Vren with bug and typo fixes since October 2020, and I was a $1 patron for most of it. I upgraded to $5 to test the beta releases a few months ago, and only because I was impressed with how approachable and receptive to constructive criticism he has been this entire time. It sometimes takes a while for him to respond, usually near or after a beta release, so some of the fixes may be pushed to the next one but that doesn't bother me. Even if you're not a patron, I've seen him engage with and fix bugs reported from the comments

Reactions: eldoen

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
This has not been my experience. I've been PMing Vren with bug and typo fixes since October 2020, and I was a $1 patron for most of it. I upgraded to $5 to test the beta releases a few months ago, and only because I was impressed with how approachable and receptive to constructive criticism he has been this entire time. It sometimes takes a while for him to respond, usually near or after a beta release, so some of the fixes may be pushed to the next one but that doesn't bother me. Even if you're not a patron, I've seen him engage with and fix bugs reported from the comments
Hmm.. I see... since he is so approchable and receptive, I take all the constructive critism he received in the last few months was about the game having to much story content and being too short on business mechanics?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Hmm.. I see... since he is so approchable and receptive, I take all the constructive critism he received in the last few months was about the game having to much story content and being too short on business mechanics?
Maybe spend that 1dollar/euro and ask the actual person being able to answer that? If you really want to know that shouldnt be too big of an investment, right? ;)

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Maybe spend that 1dollar/euro and ask the actual person being able to answer that? If you really want to know that shouldnt be too big of an investment, right? ;)
Thats the point... having to pay someone just to be able to communicate with him? Well, the impression I got from Vren might be wrong, since its mostly based on what I have read in this thread...

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Thats the point... having to pay someone just to be able to communicate with him? Well, the impression I got from Vren might be wrong, since its mostly based on what I have read in this thread...
Exactly my point. Be an adult and dont just hop on a bandwagon because others say so. Either help fixing stuff at the source or join the modders who do similar things already to help those who are not able to. Anything else is just unnecessary noise.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes