Oct 14, 2020
The same code problem (infinite recursion) exists in the gold heart function too, but that is only used with a fixed value after Vren removed the "core slutiness" metric.

werdna33

Jan 7, 2020
Wasn't too into this game at first after playing Lab Rats 1, but I've really come around to enjoy it.

There's currently a bug for me with the breast reducing trait in serums. It can be fixed by changing line 620 in game\major_game_classes\character_related\Person.rpy from this:

Python:
return cls._list_of_tits[max(0,current_index-1)][0]
to this:

Python:
return cls._list_of_tits[__builtin__.max(0,current_index-1)][0]
It seems like the Python "max" function was accidentally overwritten. The author is aware because he used builtins.max elsewhere in the file but missed this one.

Oct 14, 2020
Wasn't too into this game at first after playing Lab Rats 1, but I've really come around to enjoy it.

There's currently a bug for me with the breast reducing trait in serums. It can be fixed by changing line 620 in game\major_game_classes\character_related\Person.rpy from this:
Does that actually fix it? The reason he uses __builtin__.max() in other locations is because the functions take a parameter named max. That function (get_smaller_tit) does not. So there is no actual change there.

werdna33

Jan 7, 2020
Does that actually fix it? The reason he uses __builtin__.max() in other locations is because the functions take a parameter named max. That function (get_smaller_tit) does not. So there is no actual change there.
Yeah it fixes it. That function is calling max but it thinks its an int variable rather than the builtin max function from Python. Here's my stack trace:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 314, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/script.rpy", line 406, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 408, in <module>
    people.run_turn() #T
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 1538, in run_turn
    serum.run_on_turn(self) #Run the serum's on_turn funcion if it has one.
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumDesign.rpy", line 142, in run_on_turn
    trait.run_on_turn(the_person, self)
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumTrait.rpy", line 75, in run_on_turn
    self.on_turn(the_person, the_serum, add_to_log)
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/_serum_traits.rpy", line 137, in breast_reduction_on_turn
    new_tits = the_person.get_smaller_tit(the_person.tits)
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 620, in get_smaller_tit
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    people.run_turn() #T
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 1538, in run_turn
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumDesign.rpy", line 142, in run_on_turn
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/SerumTrait.rpy", line 75, in run_on_turn
  File "game/major_game_classes/serum_related/_serum_traits.rpy", line 137, in breast_reduction_on_turn
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 620, in get_smaller_tit

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.50.3
Sun Mar 20 23:28:59 2022

Oct 14, 2020
Yeah it fixes it. That function is calling max but it thinks its an int variable rather than the builtin max function from Python. Here's my stack trace:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    python:
    people.run_turn() #T

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    people.run_turn() #T

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.50.3
Sun Mar 20 23:28:59 2022
Huh, wonder if Renpy does something odd with scoping.

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
With this new aspect system thrown in a wrench in the usual grind and flow.
It wouldn't be so bad if there actualy was a market simulated with the max_variance and daily_variance in the code that is unused, or at least I can't find where it's used.
I see it was removed in the v0.48.1 update for some reason, time to go read back

So forced balance of having serum to sell equal to market reach available, wonder how it handles big numbers

Contracts seem like the way to get money, but requires having a lil money supply first

Last edited:

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Yeah, offering your cousin a job also crashes game, can lead to infinite loop of offering cousin job, but she doesn't get it while taking up job slots. She takes up 3 work slots in my game currently, since occasionally forget not to give her job...
I haven't been able to duplicate this crash. Can you give me more details or a crash log?

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
With this new aspect system thrown in a wrench in the usual grind and flow.
It wouldn't be so bad if there actualy was a market simulated with the max_variance and daily_variance in the code that is unused, or at least I can't find where it's used.
I see it was removed in the v0.48.1 update for some reason, time to go read back

So forced balance of having serum to sell equal to market reach available, wonder how it handles big numbers

Contracts seem like the way to get money, but requires having a lil money supply first
which is pretty easy to get, money that is. money isn't the issue in the game, early clarity is. then eventually it becomes a nonissue. Something about Vren thinking fingerbanging is a top tier olympic sport.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
which is pretty easy to get, money that is. money isn't the issue in the game, early clarity is. then eventually it becomes a nonissue. Something about Vren thinking fingerbanging is a top tier olympic sport.
You 'liked' my walkthrough so I assumed you read it. nm, you liked the first try, not the recent first week one

You can get hundreds of clarity by the end of the first Tuesday night, or Wednesday morning at the absolute latest, with more any time you have access to Steph

Reactions: PokeyPoke

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
You 'liked' my walkthrough so I assumed you read it. nm, you liked the first try, not the recent first week one

You can get hundreds of clarity by the end of the first Tuesday night, or Wednesday morning at the absolute latest, with more any time you have access to Steph
Hey I am going to like anything, where a community member takes time out of their day to help other community members.
But each time a mechanic is added to drain clarity resources without a corresponding adjustment to said system just adds to the grind. in the part of the Game that doesn't need the grind.

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Is there a way to manually promote an employee, I've always the same ones coming for promotions but some are stuck at level 1 or 2. As the boss I should be able to take initiative for promotion.
Not a big fan of some functionnality being a duty (such as daily serum).

King_Of_Derp

Jan 10, 2020
Heres a collection of info/console commands gleaned from trial and error + other users here etc (i take no credit):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
EDIT: Since its been linked to the front page i will try to keep this updated. If you think something is missing, drop me a PM.
Ok, so I remember finding this off someone else (can't remember curently), but you can change the serum tolerance for the NPCs.

just put: the_person.serum_tolerance = xx;

shooter682

Feb 28, 2019
Ok, so I remember finding this off someone else (can't remember curently), but you can change the serum tolerance for the NPCs.

just put: the_person.serum_tolerance = xx;
On script edit can the tips for Lilly and Mom are no longer at that address and age is no longer at that address.

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
On script edit can the tips for Lilly and Mom are no longer at that address and age is no longer at that address.
Its moved into '\Lab_Rats_2-v0.xx.x-pc\game\world_setup_characters.rpy' - i have updated the thread.

Unfortunately i am unsure how to easily edit the age range of random characters with the new policies introduced recently.

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017

It's the first week with folders of the days and then breakdown of what to do at each time isn't it.
Kudos on finding a grind path!
I come back here to play after a year off and saw a lotta new mechanics

Reactions: dalzomo

DragonUltimaX

Oct 26, 2017
Hello, I need help figuring this issue I encountered. It might be my pc issue that I'm not seeing or something else. While mid playing the game, it closed itself and then now it doesn't boot up. It loads into the loading screen then nothing. I've uninstalled and redownloaded, other Renpy games function. Theres no traceback file and all i have is just this as info. Please help.

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
Hello, I need help figuring this issue I encountered. It might be my pc issue that I'm not seeing or something else. While mid playing the game, it closed itself and then now it doesn't boot up. It loads into the loading screen then nothing. I've uninstalled and redownloaded, other Renpy games function. Theres no traceback file and all i have is just this as info. Please help.
1. That's the modded version, there's a thread for that
2. I don't think you installed the modded version correctly or got it from the right place. Or you just renamed the executable. Because the mod file goes into the game folder and doesn't change the game executable.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes