DragonUltimaX

Oct 26, 2017
1. That's the modded version, there's a thread for that
2. I don't think you installed the modded version correctly or got it from the right place. Or you just renamed the executable. Because the mod file goes into the game folder and doesn't change the game executable.
Yep, I went to the modded site first but eventually the mod there asked me to check back here. I installed it properly and everything. No change to files. But both the normal and modded versions cant boot up.

Vindaria

Jul 3, 2021
Damn when the developer will add more faces and hairstyles! Terribly infuriates that half of the city walks like clones ..

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Yes, and I'm saying the Mod on the modded thread asked me to check back here, since it affects my vanilla version too. Not just the mod.
As pokey said, check your installation. Delete what you have and redownload it from here or directly from Vren's Patreon page and extract it to a new folder. Since other renpy games work maybe your antivirus has a problem with lab rats 2, especially if you got it from some other site

Reactions: PokeyPoke

PokeyPoke

Sep 24, 2017
Yes, and I'm saying the Mod on the modded thread asked me to check back here, since it affects my vanilla version too. Not just the mod.
Well if you really did uninstall and redownload and that's what the png file shows the newly redownloaded fresh copy of the game...
Delete everything and just download a vanilla version from the links here through the instructions because it shouldn't say Lab_Rats_Mod and no vanilla version should have that extra mod folder unless you specifically changed the name of that executable. If you want to use mods go follow the instructions in the modded thread.
Log just shows the scripts not right and if other renpy games function than so should this.

Reactions: dalzomo

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Also, based on one comment in the mod thread I have a stronger suspicion you downloaded the Mac version. Again, fixed by deleting, redownload the correct version for your OS, and extract to a new folder

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
The same code problem (infinite recursion) exists in the gold heart function too, but that is only used with a fixed value after Vren removed the "core slutiness" metric.
since it gains nothing to exceed 100% sluttiness in the game any longer better fix if sluttiness > 100 then sluttiness = 100 however python checks that. to tired to look for examples.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Well if you really did uninstall and redownload and that's what the png file shows the newly redownloaded fresh copy of the game...
Delete everything and just download a vanilla version from the links here through the instructions because it shouldn't say Lab_Rats_Mod and no vanilla version should have that extra mod folder unless you specifically changed the name of that executable. If you want to use mods go follow the instructions in the modded thread.
Log just shows the scripts not right and if other renpy games function than so should this.
only issue it looks like a corrpted save file issue to me, so deleting the game and re-downloadng isn't going to help. need to delete the corrpted save file for labrats 2 under the persistatant renpy save folder. %APPDATA%/RenPy/

Deadshot69

Aug 6, 2017
Incase anyone was wanting to clear all serum effects one a person. Namely the near endless ones. you can use this in the console "the_person.serum_effects=[];"

Reactions: dalzomo

King_Of_Derp

Jan 10, 2020
Incase anyone was wanting to clear all serum effects one a person. Namely the near endless ones. you can use this in the console "the_person.serum_effects=[];"
Thanks! That is definitely going to help in cases were I want to test and forgot to quick save.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes