Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well without proof of life we have Schroeder's Cat situation. No ones like to be kept in the dark about things. o_O CIA...
At least wait for 3-4 month before starting to call someone off as dead though.
1 year is fair game to call a game dead

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
All i said that it is disheartening that we do not have updates anymore and if somebody has heard anything from him.
I never implied some dark fate....but it might be a language thing. :LOL:

By the way, if there is something sinister going on, I totally agree, it's the CIA.... :ROFLMAO:

Well without proof of life we have Schroeder's Cat situation. No ones like to be kept in the dark about things. o_O CIA...

Reactions: Kailurv

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
Oh my gosh, can people actually check for activity before whinging about it?

If one were to look on Patreon they'd find that Vren's last post was on the 30th of October, which is barely more than two months ago. Since he probably took some time off in December like most human beings do it's safe to assume it'll be a while before anything new happens.

And no the public git is not where he updates his crap, we have no idea what he's been up to outside rendering stuff, anything you read here is just people making shit up.

Reactions: Hermenegild

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
Yeah, but how many games open source themselves before possibly committing seppuku?
Open sourcing is a pretty common death cry for games/software. However, I don't think Lab Rats 2 is quite dead yet. I suspect VREN is exploring options to salvage the render rework, but doesn't want to get people's hopes up.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yeah, but how many games open source themselves before possibly committing seppuku?
Since when was the game completly open sourced than?
the repository was made in order to fuse the mod with the main game and get help by the community but the main game repository was never shared.
Vren remained his rights to decide which changes get implemented into the main game and which are remaining a site repository/mod.
The nature of that act was discussed here in length before if you are truely interested.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Since when was the game completly open sourced than?
the repository was made in order to fuse the mod with the main game and get help by the community but the main game repository was never shared.
Vren remained his rights to decide which changes get implemented into the main game and which are remaining a site repository/mod.
I mean, you are correct, Vren did mention something about that in his Patreon post (that he is retaining the right to control changes). But then why bother fusing the mod with the main game? He's under no obligation to do this... Not to mention that calling it "open-source" is then a misnomer. But until Vren pops back up on the radar (a week, a month, a year, a decade?), peeps are free to speculate. Because what else is there to do?

Besides, I said "possibly."

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I mean, you are correct, Vren did mention something about that in his Patreon post (that he is retaining the right to control changes). But then why bother fusing the mod with the main game? He's under no obligation to do this... Not to mention that calling it "open-source" is then a misnomer. But until Vren pops back up on the radar (a week, a month, a year, a decade?), peeps are free to speculate. Because what else is there to do?

Besides, I said "possibly."
considering the people keep askeing mod questions around here I suspect Vren didn't fare any better and might even gotten demands to include it by his supporters, unless you are a Patreon I'd suspect your gues is as good as mine.

I agree aside of playing the current game there isn't much to talk about though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: slowpersun

WillyThePooh

Mar 28, 2020
She is pregnant but her stomach doesn't look big is there a serum to speed up the process and what is the composition to make the serum? IMG_20230111_182842.jpg IMG_20230111_182108.jpg

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes