Deftera

May 1, 2017
Here's hoping the next update includes personal training. Phred doesn't like sharing girls.
Here here. Though the whole game is pretty much personal training though I'd love more bondage stuff.

Same for the one with the sister being written all over. How do I trigger that event and what the requirements are? Beyond the public slut training.
Get the influences of the girls to like, sixty and maybe fuck them at least once. Then bring up the casual sexy stuff you can do without serums and you'll probably get a choice to train the girl requiring -15 Influence and 2 serums. Pick that and you get the new scenes.

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
One thin I like about this game is you can back out of a bad decision. Say you have a girl at 20 and you think with a red you can get at least a BJ so you give her a red and she say Nope you can back out and ask for a HJ she says nope you can back completely out and use a blue and get her to strip. Don't be afraid to edit the game either some of vrens dialogue is a little bland Spice it up if you want. This is a fun game to play with. As Vren said once I made this game editable so people can change it to suit what they want.

orion77

Mar 28, 2017
Did i need to start new game? Because every time i think new event is going to start i get errorrs

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Yes, the new influence and public scene changes will definitely be messed up by an old save.

Starting a new game works, it did for me. With the cheats you can cut down on the grind, just give yourself enough money and serum after the intro and you should be all set to enjoy the new scenes.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Having modded LR in the past, yeah if any new event variables and such have been introduced, you'll need to start over, or you'll eventually get the 'missing' variable error, which you can try to ignore/skip but oftentimes you can't just 'skip' the variable call and hope that the variable gets filled in somehow (RenPy really hates undefined variables).

If Lab Rats had a 'linear/day by day' structure (i.e. version 1.0, adds day 10) instead of it's 'sandbox/no fixed path' structure, it'd be easier to add new variables to old saves as the new day begins, but as it stands yeah, if a lot of new events are added (with variable calls to see if you've done them), etc. yeah it's back to square one.

It's a tradeoff, but I think having a 'sandbox' to play in versus a linear story makes it worth it.

There might be a way to create a specific 'barebones' version of Lab Rats that you could quickly load an old save into, which could check for missing variables and fill in the blanks, but that'd require some industrious modder with an interest in this subject to step up (not me, I'm working on other things at the moment).

Last edited:

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
New to this game. How do I get the access codes for the morning break in at the lab?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
New to this game. How do I get the access codes for the morning break in at the lab?
It's been a while, but they used to be on Stephanie's desk. You have to wait for the lab to be empty during the afternoon, which is a random event. Also, as I remember, what you find on the desk was also random, so you might not find them the first time around (was this ever fixed guys?) Sometimes it happens pretty quickly, but I've went for two weeks or more before the lab was empty on a few occasions. Dunno if Vren ever adjusted this to a gradually increasing percentage, but be ready for the wait...

jason95821

Feb 10, 2017
how do i get acess code to lab door
i searched both desk got decently high control over lab partners

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
how do i get acess code to lab door
i searched both desk got decently high control over lab partners
It's a set of RNG events in the Laboratory in the afternoon as said before. You do need about 20-30 points with Steph AFAIK. Quicksave when at school. Select the laboratory and if the girls are there, quickload. Repeat until you see an empty lab. Quicksave again. Then search Stephanie's desk only. It might a take a quickload or 2 to get it.

Reactions: jason95821

qwe123123

Jun 8, 2017
The "public training" events are disappointing. You can only do them once per character (so 5 total), they're short, and even for someone who is into the stuff, half of them aren't very exciting. If you've already played most of the game and are wondering if this update deserves replaying the game from scratch, my suggestion would be don't bother.

Henz

Apr 21, 2017
And what exactly that public slut changes?
What happens to mom at the office, what lily does that you find on her computer, what Nora sends on the flirt phone call, and what Stephanie sends on the flirt phone call. I forget what alex changed and not sure about changes to endings as I didn't look at whose files yet.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Alex has "adjusted" scenes in the mall, outdoors at school. It also affects scenes with mom and sis at home especially during the night, hub scenes, and what's said above.
There are many numerous changes to scenes. For instance, try a movie date with your sis AFTER the slut training. Or catch her masturbating in the morning. Or even the scene where she shows her panties.
There's a LOT of unseen content that deserves another playthrough or at the very least, trying all the scenes again after the training. I've seen the changes.. the only thing that did not change from 0.7.1 to this one is the beginning sequence. Everything else has been modified... major scenes were adjusted, script was heavily adjusted, and hub plus minor scenes were massively tweaked.

BonrAlternate

Jun 21, 2017
Having a girl be a public slut does many subtle changes with what they do. An example is when you pay your mother to wear a slutty dress to work, and you can ask her how it went in the evening. She will do different things with the workers there depending on the influence you have with her.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, just for fun, I searched/looked up 'check for variables with undefined values' in RenPy, but PyTom (all hail the great god of RenPy PyTom) seemed to indicate in a post that there wasn't an easy way to do this. Further searching simply pointed out that you should define variables in the .init block, etc. which won't help for previous saves, as those saves have 'outdated' variable lists, and variable values in LR are often assigned within the event, with new variables being introduced as new events are added to the game.

Looking through some of the other posts on LemmaSoft, I didn't find a better answer. Essentially, you are supposed to define your variable before you do any checks on said variable. LR events often check variables to see if you've done an event or not, and previous saves won't have a 'default value' for any such events added in later versions.

Sooo, unless you had a good idea of what version your previous save came from, you could end up overwriting variable values for events you've done, using a 'save fix mod tool' created specifically for this purpose. There may be a way to write a python expression or something to check for undefined variables, assigning a baseline value to such undefined variables, but python isn't my jam. It'd also be nice if all undefined variables could be assigned a 'base' value beforehand so that you would simply rely on this 'base' value (could be all undefined variables=false or all 0), but that's not how RenPy works currently...

Maybe someone here has seen/figured out a way to do this?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Superpowered checks your saves for variables. I think Dreaming of Dana at one point had a fix to add variables to old saves??

3.80 star(s) 49 Votes