Gogotaro

Aug 7, 2017
Updated OP!
Working on dogmod. Have to be super careful. There's 3 settings so instead of one thing to tweak, it'll be 3 spots. Vren has this to say "The standard game difficulty is now called "Normal" and is joined by "Easy" and "Sandbox". Easy is much like the base game, but turns up the influence gain, turns down resistance gain, and starts you with a little extra money. Sandbox does the same, but gives you even more money to start with and extends the game to last 360 days instead of the normal 120."

To give a small incentive to play the normal version of the game (which should be the most fun to play if I balance everything correctly) the endings you can receive on Sandbox and Easy are limited. You receive no special endings at all on Sandbox, and on Easy you cannot receive any of the multi girl endings.

With that said, "Normal" will be dogmodded and the other paths left alone. Give me feedback on that.
Reminder- in the file, I will include a log of what was changed and where. BUT I will look for where the resistance and influence variables are located and will document those. So you can adjust values to your heart's content. :D
Why make the other modes seriously? i mean just by hearing you can't have the other endings i don't think anyone is gonna bother with them.

They are pointless too because you can make the game easy thanks to your work and if i remember correctly you can cheat the days on console or something right? so you can play forever if you want.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
And for the one year anniversary of this game being posted here.... Next month on December 26th, feel free to post a shot of a favorite lab rat or a harem shot in your favorite situation (in spoilers) :D
On Dec 26, I'm posting a SS of my preggo rats. :p
OR I could set up a thread for that in General Discussions on the 26th.
Sounds like a plan! Here's what I posted several weeks back...

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Why make the other modes seriously? i mean just by hearing you can't have the other endings i don't think anyone is gonna bother with them.

They are pointless too because you can make the game easy thanks to your work and if i remember correctly you can cheat the days on console or something right? so you can play forever if you want.
Yes you can choose the days. I added the console, too. Cheats are in the OP AFAIK.
Dogmod is up! Modified the normal mode. The other 2 modes are left alone. Also in the Information folder, there's the LabRatsGuide.txt file. Open it and read near the bottom in the script.rpy list. I listed how you can increase the daily resistance decrease from -1 to even -10 or more. I also showed the location of the 2 other modes and you can modify those, too. You can edit the days, the resistance modifier, the score gain, etc. It's not too in depth but this allows you to make 2 or even 3 different flavors of the game. :D

Henz

Apr 21, 2017
There is a small error in the script file that is preventing the lily minor shower scene from triggering. Both are triggering the mom scene rather then one triggering the mom scene and one triggering the sis scene

In the script.rpy, there are two lines of call min_mom_shower from _call_min_mom_shower when in fact the second line should read call min_sis_shower from _call_sis_shower_1

Deftera

May 1, 2017
No, he won't. The 1.0 is going to be just a polishing of 0.13, no new significant content is planned. In fact, 0.13 should be named "1.0 Release Candidate".
So is 1.0 gonna be like "this is everything I've intended for this game, everything else is bonus content and debugs" or is it like Something Unlimited which is at 2.0.whatever and isn't done yet by a mile?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Does this fix the lily shower scene? If not, feel free to change it and repost. This scene with them is new so I didn't look too in-depth at it.
This is the dogmod script. I still have the backup (normal) script.rpa but it's unedited.

Reactions: Henz

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Can somebody say how to use cheats. I open console write chrat but it not work. It shows UnicodeDecodeError.
What to do?

Sep 10, 2017
With that said, "Normal" will be dogmodded and the other paths left alone. Give me feedback on that.
Perhaps make it so that both Easy mode and Sandbox mode are able to get all endings just like Normal mode? And leave them untouched in their resistance/influence gains?

Henz

Apr 21, 2017
Perhaps make it so that both Easy mode and Sandbox mode are able to get all endings just like Normal mode? And leave them untouched in their resistance/influence gains?
There is no need as with no resistance its possible to get any ending with ease

Teal

Aug 8, 2016
Does this game still have no actual penises in it? I remember it having sex with no actual male present and it was always kind of bizarre.

Naypwn

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game still have no actual penises in it? I remember it having sex with no actual male present and it was always kind of bizarre.
Agreed. The girls look like they're messing around with a ghost, or having a seizure of some sort. I can still kind of get into the game because of the other options available with the potions and options of which ways to corrupt them, but yeah, it's lacking in the visual department. I personally think it would be better, and still keep the same overall style if Vren went with what was used in the game "Visiting Aunt Sara". The scenes happened near the chat box like in Lab Rats, but you had the MC involved.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I can't load Lab_Rats-0.9.0-all saves without getting an error, replaying the game is quasi impossible for me because I'm tight on schedule

Baba666777

May 5, 2017
Can somebody say how to use cheats. I open console write chrat but it not work. It shows UnicodeDecodeError.
What to do?
There is a weird character in the path to the folder where the game is located. To resolve this, just move the whole thing somewhere else without any weird character. By weird, I mean that is not alphanumerical (ish).

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Hello! I come bearing gifts!
This totally kills the restricted endings so that way "Sandbox" and "Endless" modes get ALL the endings. :D
This will work with any 0.13.0 version and NEEDS more testing. I think I got it.

For this to work, drop the endings.rpa into your Lab Rats /game folder. Either overwrite or backup the old endings.rpy. As long as your save is not in the ending, it WILL work with current saves. I haven't tried it with a save alreading in the endings. That's why I said more testing is needed.

And here's a cheat code --- difficulty = 'Normal'
or 'Endless'
or 'Sandbox'

Last edited:

ghostwitagun

Oct 12, 2017
Hi there guys and girls,
Since this latest version (0.13) I have been unable to set the day limit to a custom number.
Previously I had it set to 1000 days so I can take my time and experiment.
Anyone know how to set the day limit in the new version?
Thanks in advance.

3.80 star(s) 49 Votes