4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
He told her that he would be gone for a couple of weeks.

Once that time was up she asked when he'd be back and he said he didn't know.

She moved on with her life. She graduated and carried on with her plans while he runs a bar that could have been taken care of by any of the other people working there.

Sure she should have told him to go fuck himself, I would have and so would any girl I know, she did it in an arsey way but he fucked her around so I see her point however immature it is.

Both of them messed up, that relationship was doomed the minute he left.

Having said that we're not covering any new ground. I won't be changing my mind on the subject. I see why she did what she did and agree she should have clarified but on the other side of that coin he didn't do any better.
Actually, he is there to take care of his uncle, or do you really think the other would be able to keep him away from the bar, and yes, it is problematic that he couldn't go back, but she should have broke things of if unsatisfied with a long distance relationship.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

She moved on with her life. She graduated and carried on with her plans while he runs a bar that could have been taken care of by any of the other people working there.

Sure she should have told him to go fuck himself, I would have and so would any girl I know, she did it in an arsey way but he fucked her around so I see her point however immature it is.

Both of them messed up, that relationship was doomed the minute he left.

Having said that we're not covering any new ground. I won't be changing my mind on the subject. I see why she did what she did and agree she should have clarified but on the other side of that coin he didn't do any better.
Well I think he dodged a poisoned chalice by his own fault. :p Those kind of planning and overly controlling girls you are better off without anyway.

Reactions: eddie987 and Xarin

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Actually, he is there to take care of his uncle, or do you really think the other would be able to keep him away from the bar, and yes, it is problematic that he couldn't go back, but she should have broke things of if unsatisfied with a long distance relationship.
I did say she should have broken it off .. I know words are hard sometimes but repeating myself in this thread is starting to get tiresome.

I'm not as family orientated as some people, any family i've never spoken to I don't give 2 shits about so here's my take....

They had plans at a very important junction of their lives. They were graduating and moving on together. He left her to take care of someone he had barely ever spoken to and never got along with. She went along with it. After the allocated time was up he gave her a vague non answer about how much longer he'd be expecting her to be okay with it.

As for taking care of him. He's drove him around a couple of times, which anyone with a car could have done, and taken him to 1 hospital appointment, which anyone with a car could have done.

Aside from that the uncle is still doing what is killing him and apart from occasional banter nothing much of use has gone on.

I'll tell you why I find this funny. If the roles were reversed and she had gone off to take care of someone she knew nothing about and started running a bar and flirting with customers and you were asking "how long until you come back" and she was all "dunno" ... you'd still be calling her a bitch for it. If the option to call her or not call her was given, some of you would pick the "not call her" option.

Now imagine as the MC you move on and meet new people and have a picture taken with some girl kissing your cheek and you post in the whatever Facebook is called in game. Next scene is the girlfriend seeing that picture and fucking some guy from the bar. I wonder how many cries of NTR or "what a slut" we'd get.

See people keep quoting me with variations of the same argument and my opinion hasn't, nor will not, change on it. They both fucked up. None of them are in the right but I understand her anger, i'd be pissed off too except i'm an angry litle ginger tart and i'd tell him just how much of a dickhead I think he is before ignoring him.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
They had plans at a very important junction of their lives. They were graduating and moving on together.
Well I would have had way less trouble with it if it would have felt like They and not like a classic only She. :p

Though both are at fault and he could have called after a week saying, Ugh this is a bit more complicated and I will need to have to spend more time here, do you want to come over after graduation.

Reactions: Avaron1974

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I did say she should have broken it off .. I know words are hard sometimes but repeating myself in this thread is starting to get tiresome.

I'm not as family orientated as some people, any family i've never spoken to I don't give 2 shits about so here's my take....

They had plans at a very important junction of their lives. They were graduating and moving on together. He left her to take care of someone he had barely ever spoken to and never got along with. She went along with it. After the allocated time was up he gave her a vague non answer about how much longer he'd be expecting her to be okay with it.

As for taking care of him. He's drove him around a couple of times, which anyone with a car could have done, and taken him to 1 hospital appointment, which anyone with a car could have done.

Aside from that the uncle is still doing what is killing him and apart from occasional banter nothing much of use has gone on.

I'll tell you why I find this funny. If the roles were reversed and she had gone off to take care of someone she knew nothing about and started running a bar and flirting with customers and you were asking "how long until you come back" and she was all "dunno" ... you'd still be calling her a bitch for it. If the option to call her or not call her was given, some of you would pick the "not call her" option.

Now imagine as the MC you move on and meet new people and have a picture taken with some girl kissing your cheek and you post in the whatever Facebook is called in game. Next scene is the girlfriend seeing that picture and fucking some guy from the bar. I wonder how many cries of NTR or "what a slut" we'd get.

See people keep quoting me with variations of the same argument and my opinion hasn't, nor will not, change on it. They both fucked up. None of them are in the right but I understand her anger, i'd be pissed off too except i'm an angry litle ginger tart and i'd tell him just how much of a dickhead I think he is before ignoring him.
I understand your points, and sorry, I didn't see the other replies before, or you were engaged in this discussion before, i actually just started to be active in here.

Now to your point about the roles being reverse, yeah, you are right, a lot of people would react like you said, and I don't know, I'm not much of a planer myself, i kinda just do my own thing, so if you are a planner the change of plan might be worse than I give it credit for.

And on my answer it was more me agreeing with your point of her breaking it off, it wasn't meant as some new argument, and actually I understand your point about family, I'm not really close to mine either, but I don't know, I can understand and empathize with both sides, but if he was the one ghosting, in my opinion she can fuck whom ever, I think that what gets to most people is that it feels childish, hell, I don't even assume that she is fucking or dating anybody, but he was making an effort.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019

He went down there for 2 weeks, and when it passed, she ghosted him instantly. Another 2 week have passed since that, as it was told in the latest update. Unless they were the end of their semester, she couldn't have graduated and do anything grand with her life. The convo with the uncle also suggested that the MC could still go back and finish school in time.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Well I think he dodged a poisoned chalice by his own fault. :p Those kind of planning and overly controlling girls you are better off without anyway.
Mc be like, " Hey Fi, can you check the schedule to see if I can squeeze in 245 seconds to drop a duce or am I gonna have to go with waiting until tonight's alloted bowel movement time? We know I can't just shit my pants because there's no clean up time penciled in "

ROFLMAO >;D

Its obvious here, we've already chosen sides in this War of the Roses but I can personally boil the entire argument & wrong doing down to a single moment in time perpetrated by both parties, in which MC made a fatal mistake *First* Followed by Fi making a fatal mistake.

At the 2 week talk Fi was speaking hesitantly & by the way she spoke & the questions in her voice its That was mc's Eureka moment that totally flew over his head, any S.O. worth their skin would've picked up on that & maybe in different, more eloquent words said 'hey is this a deal breaker for you? Are we gonna be ok? That was on him & his screwed the pooch 1st

That does not waiver her responsibility to act like an adult, which she Didn't do, not voicing her concerns about the time away & furthermore the severity of her concerns about how that would affect their relationship was Fi's missed eureka moment, if her doubts about him placing dying family as a top priority were that bad she should've spoken on it, which I still feel funny about because how could she be thinking about spending her life with mc, which would include the possibility of making their own family how could she be cool with him letting his uncle die of cancer, basically ignoring his own pre existing family to keep plans in which no one was dying.

I'm confident saying neither one of them was ready for a serious relationship *with eachother* as often one partners shortcomings are reinforced by the other one ie: i got you when u need me & vise versa >;D

Last edited:

akenedy

May 3, 2017
Kinda late to the party but what's the point to argue when both parties are at fault. The mc for being an idiot leaving for a family member he doesn't even know that much for an indefinite time without any planning or real answers except maybe and I don't know but you just wait for me :LOL:. And the girl instead just saying we are done it's not working out I'm too young and ambitious to deal with this shit, she made a highly immature move and decided to ghost and ignore the mc instead of just come clean.

That relationship was doomed from the start if it ended on such a trivial matter and isn't that the whole point of it to set up a great introduction to the tone of the game and motivation for the mc to start a new relationship as well as creating background history. Especially since the ex will turn up at some point in the game, it's too good of a drama moment to pass it up. And there's a possibility that she didn't even cheat on the mc and stayed faithful but pissed off, which again a good setup for more juicy drama.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Kinda late to the party but what's the point to argue when both parties are at fault. The mc for being an idiot leaving for a family member he doesn't even know that much for an indefinite time without any planning or real answers except maybe and I don't know but you just wait for me :LOL:. And the girl instead just saying we are done it's not working out I'm too young and ambitious to deal with this shit, she made a highly immature move and decided to ghost and ignore the mc instead of just come clean.

That relationship was doomed from the start if it ended on such a trivial matter and isn't that the whole point of it to set up a great introduction to the tone of the game and motivation for the mc to start a new relationship as well as creating background history. Especially since the ex will turn up at some point in the game, it's too good of a drama moment to pass it up. And there's a possibility that she didn't even cheat on the mc and stayed faithful but pissed off, which again a good setup for more juicy drama.
I don't see the MC as at fault though, just because you don't know the family member well doesn't mean you don't help out. She should have understood that, even though he wasn't close to his uncle, this is important to him. Instead of communicating with the MC when the 2 weeks were up she chose to ghost him and then, we all assume, cheat on him/move on with her life. This wasn't a short relationship, they've known each other/been dating for years and this is how she chooses to handle it.

I am hoping that the confrontation between the MC and the ex is well written and allows him to blow off steam. I am wondering if Max will die and she will finally show up for him at the hospital. I'd just walk right past her and not acknowledge her existence at that point.

Anyway, really liking this game. It is the time of slow burn story focused game that I love to play. I am really looking forward to the next update.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I don't see the MC as at fault though, just because you don't know the family member well doesn't mean you don't help out. She should have understood that, even though he wasn't close to his uncle, this is important to him. Instead of communicating with the MC when the 2 weeks were up she chose to ghost him and then, we all assume, cheat on him/move on with her life. This wasn't a short relationship, they've known each other/been dating for years and this is how she chooses to handle it.

I am hoping that the confrontation between the MC and the ex is well written and allows him to blow off steam. I am wondering if Max will die and she will finally show up for him at the hospital. I'd just walk right past her and not acknowledge her existence at that point.

Anyway, really liking this game. It is the time of slow burn story focused game that I love to play. I am really looking forward to the next update.
I just hope that the writing doesn't try to justify the whole Fiona situation with the "it was one big misunderstanding" card. That would either require a very unique solution to do it, or a massive ass pull, and I also feel it's kinda too late at this point to get a reasonable explanation. What I hope for though, is that when a confrontation comes up, it will give us the option to go nuclear, unlike the MCs usual demeanor, like when he talks with thicc girl.

Reactions: eddie987

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I just hope that the writing doesn't try to justify the whole Fiona situation with the "it was one big misunderstanding" card. That would either require a very unique solution to do it, or a massive ass pull, and I also feel it's kinda too late at this point to get a reasonable explanation. What I hope for though, is that when a confrontation comes up, it will give us the option to go nuclear, unlike the MCs usual demeanor, like when he talks with thicc girl.
I'm in 100% agreement with you on that! I want to see the MC actually show passion and anger. I want him to finally stop repressing all of the emotions we know he is dealing with right now. He barely knows anyone in town and he is, to an extent, emotionally and physically alone dealing with the long term illness of a family member while trying to work full time at a bar. Yet he is so even keeled and doesn't really show how he feels about the entire situation, being abandoned by his long term girlfriend, etc.

Hopefully we get to really tell off Fiona, I am looking forward to it.

akenedy

May 3, 2017

They both behave immature and selfish regarding their relationship. A relationship is all about mutual understanding, benefit, and sharing hardships and there's not much of that on both sides. Just leaving, and then delivering a lot of ambiguous answers and excuses is not an option for some people and the girl wasn't asked about that in the first place mc decided for himself. There was no need to stay running the bar that there are a lot of people who could've run it as well as look after the uncle that he could've just visited on weekends and specific dates for the doctor appointments. He made his choice and it was not the relationship with his GF. And the girl should've been much more vocal about this whole deal instead she chose to reluctantly roll along with it and then go m.i.a. so I guess she made a choice as well.

So the blame is on both of them, don't really understand this side-taking but I guess it's gender-specific and relatable to real-life experience, breakups are a bitch and everyone is always at fault except me how it usually goes.

Also, the state of Fiona is unknown she might as well be with her brother in that photo or some other writing excuse. Which would be cheap but would create a good drama situation when the mc is the cheat and they finally confront and meet each other. But I think it's gonna be more clever than that.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
They both behave immature and selfish regarding their relationship. A relationship is all about mutual understanding, benefit, and sharing hardships and there's not much of that on both sides. Just leaving, and then delivering a lot of ambiguous answers and excuses is not an option for some people and the girl wasn't asked about that in the first place mc decided for himself. There was no need to stay running the bar that there are a lot of people who could've run it as well as look after the uncle that he could've just visited on weekends and specific dates for the doctor appointments. He made his choice and it was not the relationship with his GF. And the girl should've been much more vocal about this whole deal instead she chose to reluctantly roll along with it and then go m.i.a. so I guess she made a choice as well.

So the blame is on both of them, don't really understand this side-taking but I guess it's gender-specific and relatable to real-life experience, breakups are a bitch and everyone is always at fault except me how it usually goes.

Also, the state of Fiona is unknown she might as well be with her brother in that photo or some other writing excuse. Which would be cheap but would create a good drama situation when the mc is the cheat and they finally confront and meet each other. But I think it's gonna be more clever than that.
From what I understood, the distance between the university and where the MC lives now isn't a few kilometers, but possibly states, and that's not a distance that you bypass by simply weekend visits unless you're loaded and using plane. Probably that's the reason why he simply hadn't went back for the weekends to be with Fiona.

Doubt it's something like a brother, they been together for years, MC would know that because that's more than enough time to meet and greet the whole family. Even if it's some misunderstood situation, the writing would have to be very very good to come up with an actually plausible excuse, not with some cliche that would kill off any dramatic tension of the situation.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
From what I understood, the distance between the university and where the MC lives now isn't a few kilometers, but possibly states, and that's not a distance that you bypass by simply weekend visits unless you're loaded and using plane. Probably that's the reason why he simply hadn't went back for the weekends to be with Fiona.

Doubt it's something like a brother, they been together for years, MC would know that because that's more than enough time to meet and greet the whole family. Even if it's some misunderstood situation, the writing would have to be very very good to come up with an actually plausible excuse, not with some cliche that would kill off any dramatic tension of the situation.
Agreed, the MC should have met most of her significant family members at this point. The relationship has been going on for a couple years, they were serious enough that they moved into an apartment together, etc.

Fact is that communication could have been better from all sides but at least the MC was trying. Nightly emails, before that calls and texts. He was communicating and getting nothing in return after the two weeks that they originally agreed upon ended. Her priorities are school, career, and future - with or without him. It feels like a power play, like she will expect him to want her back after he "sees what he lost".

And the travel time to the Last Call felt significant, we could be wrong and it is only a two hour car ride away. If that's the case it reflects poorly on both of them since he could have been visiting her and vise versa. Obviously we are speculating rampantly here. I would just like to see the MC be more assertive and tell Fiona off. But I would also like to see more concrete evidence of her cheating too. I don't want to go off on her without fully knowing the situation.

Reactions: eddie987

akenedy

May 3, 2017

There are always compromises that you can make or negotiate, there was none in this story. And yeah the writing so far is much better than the typical cliche trope, but that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the photo that it was some kinda set up for the future.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
And the travel time to the Last Call felt significant, we could be wrong and it is only a two hour car ride away. If that's the case it reflects poorly on both of them since he could have been visiting her and vise versa. Obviously we are speculating rampantly here. I would just like to see the MC be more assertive and tell Fiona off. But I would also like to see more concrete evidence of her cheating too. I don't want to go off on her without fully knowing the situation.
If they are only away from each other for a two hour car ride, that doesn't reflects poorly on them, it would reflect on the writing, because the whole tension and "cassus belli" could be solved easily as hell. From what I saw so far, I simply won't believe that the writing would be that bad.

There are always compromises that you can make or negotiate, there was none in this story. And yeah the writing so far is much better than the typical cliche trope, but that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the photo that it was some kinda set up for the future.
Can't really make a compromise if you're half a country away or at least have a great distance, and the country is big as continents, unless you're loaded as hell, which doesn't seem to be the case. Don't want to repeat myself about the possible implications, if it is a setup for that, it's better be good.

Last edited:

nemesix

Feb 8, 2019
Even if the guy in the picture is her brother how exactly do you explain away the ghosting for weeks?

akenedy

May 3, 2017
Even if the guy in the picture is her brother how exactly do you explain away the ghosting for weeks?
Why should I, I'm not the writer I'm just here along for a ride just as you. But it seemed fitting for some kind of setup from a writing perspective. Also when people are pissed off and there are strong emotions involved ignoring someone for over a month isn't that long of a stretch. But this is just one of my thoughts don't take it seriously.

nemesix

Feb 8, 2019
Why should I, I'm not the writer I'm just here along for a ride just as you. But it seemed fitting for some kind of setup from a writing perspective. Also when people are pissed off and there are strong emotions involved ignoring someone for over a month isn't that long of a stretch. But this is just one of my thoughts don't take it seriously.
Its just a discussion.

I kind of think ghosting would give the MC enough reason to, and I hope does, send her a final email saying its over.

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes