4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I wouldn't say that KJ wants a fuck buddy. It's more like multiple boy toys... When she's horny she chooses one of her toys to play with, but when they are horny... I don't know, they can go and jerk off in a corner or something...

Other than that I agree. The game started with drama from 2 different directions and then... radio silence. We are focused on the side stories that don't look like they can lead into anything serious, for the reasons you explained. I usually don't like drama and I wouldn't mind the "lighter" side stories, if the game hadn't start with it. We should see some kind of progress on the main story at some point (especially the whole Fiona shitstorm) before it becomes really annoying/boring. I mean, after the first shock, the MC should start thinking about some basic things. He was living with her, right? Shouldn't he be worried about his stuff? Unless he's secretly rich and can replace everything or he was so whipped that the only thing he owned was the clothes he took with him...
Yeah, I have to say the fact that the MC hasn't even thought about any of the stuff he owned, that he is now legally tied to someone he believes cheated on him, and that the MC hasn't even sent an angry "fuck off" email/text/TikTok to Fiona is disappointing. I want to see the MC actually act on that information, I want to see the MC do more than just sit on his ass and drink beer after seeing his girlfriend with another man. It just feels like the story is stuck in neutral, we need something to happen and hopefully it is the MC being proactive. My biggest complaint about the two games that Thunderline makes are that the MC in both are rather passive. Things happen to them or around them but they don't do anything to move the stories along.

Yea I've loved the game,in spite of not being a fan of any of the introduced LI's so far.

Which is wierd because I've loved all the LI's in their other game.
Weirdly I don't like the LI in either of their games that much. I think Morgan is the most interesting to me but since she isn't going to be around long I'm not really settled on her. I do like the storyline of this game and want it to continue and develop into more than what it is right now.

Reactions: eddie987

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Weirdly I don't like the LI in either of their games that much. I think Morgan is the most interesting to me but since she isn't going to be around long I'm not really settled on her. I do like the storyline of this game and want it to continue and develop into more than what it is right now.
I think I like the LI's in TBaK better because they are obviously super into the MC.

And that blonde princess, and the generals daughter are both smoke shows.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I think I like the LI's in TBaK better because they are obviously super into the MC.

And that blonde princess, and the generals daughter are both smoke shows.
Eh, I found that game too dry. Didn't like that the intro was so long and had two choices to make. Didn't like the spoiled brat princess nor the manipulative shallow older princess. Also didn't care for the fact that the MC constantly is a stickler for rules and about denying himself sex and then tosses that aside to fuck his colleague/mentor's daughter after barely meeting her. Just didn't feel consistent with the personality of the MC that they'd spent such a long time establishing.

Just as I don't like how passive the MC in Last Call, he doesn't seem to be trying to move forward from Fiona. He should be trying to get his stuff, figuring out what is really going on with Fiona, etc... Instead he is just living his day to day life and not even thinking about the woman he loved (maybe?) and the five year relationship that just ended (supposedly?).

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Eh, I found that game too dry. Didn't like that the intro was so long and had two choices to make. Didn't like the spoiled brat princess nor the manipulative shallow older princess. Also didn't care for the fact that the MC constantly is a stickler for rules and about denying himself sex and then tosses that aside to fuck his colleague/mentor's daughter after barely meeting her. Just didn't feel consistent with the personality of the MC that they'd spent such a long time establishing.

Just as I don't like how passive the MC in Last Call, he doesn't seem to be trying to move forward from Fiona. He should be trying to get his stuff, figuring out what is really going on with Fiona, etc... Instead he is just living his day to day life and not even thinking about the woman he loved (maybe?) and the five year relationship that just ended (supposedly?).
Valid points and yea the sex scene is show horned in there,but there's no Fiona type character which is a plus,and it seems like it's going to be more wide open than Last Call.

And yea the MC in Last Call is ridiculously passive. Text Fiona,tell her to eat a dick,and tell her you want your shit back.

And as an aside why is MC emailing this chick in 2020. Like they don't have snapchat,tiktok,skype, Facebook, etc.. lol

Reactions: MrFriendly

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020

Yeah, I'm feeling that about the Mc as well, we don't even have the choice of how he will react which bother me to an extent, I like the girls but the way paths are being locked without making any real sense is also turning me off, this is something I'm noticing in a lot of games in recent updates. I'll stick around for the next update but mostly because of the girls.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Valid points and yea the sex scene is show horned in there,but there's no Fiona type character which is a plus,and it seems like it's going to be more wide open than Last Call.

And yea the MC in Last Call is ridiculously passive. Text Fiona,tell her to eat a dick,and tell her you want your shit back.

And as an aside why is MC emailing this chick in 2020. Like they don't have snapchat,tiktok,skype, Facebook, etc.. lol
Yeah, the lack of an ex, or whatever Fiona is, definitely is a bonus when it comes to the other game. I was disappointed because the game description talks about the intrigue and how important the MC is/will be. Instead we spend the entire time being talked to, not being able to take an active role in the conversations that the MC is part of, and waiting for something to happen. The LI are physically attractive but the personalities are terrible. I'd rather that they refrain from having the MC fuck anyone instead of having that illogical sex scene take place. I am fine with waiting several chapters before sex happens.

And absolutely! Why would he be emailing her? He should be sending her videos, quick texts, stalking her Facebook, etc. And that is why the MC doesn't feel like a college student, no way a current student wouldn't be on all of that social media.

Yeah, I'm feeling that about the Mc as well, we don't even have the choice of how he will react which bother me to an extent, I like the girls but the way paths are being locked without making any real sense is also turning me off, this is something I'm noticing in a lot of games in recent updates. I'll stick around for the next update but mostly because of the girls.
The MC is ridiculously bland and doesn't have a lot of backstory or personality. We know his dad is dead but what about his mom? If she is alive does he not get along with her? He never talks to her. Does he have no other family besides Max? If he is alone except for Max then how could Fiona not understand how important it is for him to go help out his uncle? And then the MC is also really passive and only reacts to the aggressive women, KJ makes the first move, Morgan asks him out, etc. Just would like to see the MC be a little more active and making decisions. The scene in the kitchen with Bud and Max was a good step forward but we need more of the MC clearing up his relationship, getting over Fiona, and not just sitting and waiting.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I wonder if this Dev's Patreons are saying the same thing about how passive and so few choices for how you want the MC to react to certain events. :unsure:
Maybe this Dev has never had a long term relationship before? When you invest years of your life with someone, especially at that young of an age, and your girl drops you without even a goodbye or w/e because you wanted to help family...yea, he would be taking a day trip to campus to kick her new boyfriends ass, and give Fi a serious go fuck yourself talking to.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I wonder if this Dev's Patreons are saying the same thing about how passive and so few choices for how you want the MC to react to certain events. :unsure:
Maybe this Dev has never had a long term relationship before? When you invest years of your life with someone, especially at that young of an age, and your girl drops you without even a goodbye or w/e because you wanted to help family...yea, he would be taking a day trip to campus to kick her new boyfriends ass, and give Fi a serious go fuck yourself talking to.
I would be satisfied with dropping by the home taking my stuff and the go fuck yourself talking.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I would be satisfied with dropping by the home taking my stuff and the go fuck yourself talking.
Yeah, not sure that Fiona is worth the trouble of getting into a fight with her new man. I'd grab my stuff, inform our landlord that it is all her responsibility and that I'd moved out, then take all my stuff to Max's or into storage. Better to learn now that Fiona is the type to cheat when she doesn't get her way instead of post marriage and kids.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah, not sure that Fiona is worth the trouble of getting into a fight with her new man. I'd grab my stuff, inform our landlord that it is all her responsibility and that I'd moved out, then take all my stuff to Max's or into storage. Better to learn now that Fiona is the type to cheat when she doesn't get her way instead of post marriage and kids.
Not just she is not worth it, but it isn't the guy's responsibility, my way of thinking is, he isn't cheating on me, she is.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Oh boy...... haha

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Fiona will show up with your stuff, which is surprising, as you wouldn't put it past her to just dump it.
Then you realize that she has arrived with her new man (who just happens to be Annie's ex)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Fiona will show up with your stuff, which is surprising, as you wouldn't put it past her to just dump it.
Then you realize that she has arrived with her new man (who just happens to be Annie's ex)
If that actually happens in the game I will delete it and never look back. LOL

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Hell I'd just be happy if the story was he's at the bar when he recieves a delivery of all of his personal stuff from Fiona and is kinda stunned in front of his uncle and everyone else. Could see him headed back to the roof or trying to work thru it with some sympathy luvin from............ x, y or z... or maybe x, y AND Z.

I don't remember loving you
You might talk to my doctor
He drops by each day at two

I get a funny feeling when I look into your eyes
There's something in your smile
That gives my stomach butterflies
You must look like someone I once knew
But I don't remember loving you

Hey.. backstory is a bit bland so I'm working on what comes next. :) Truth be told even if I run into a couple bland/vanilla patches I really like the premise of the story and with the skills/smoothness/quality rendering... I just gotta hang out and see where this one goes.

I absolutely positively
Know that can't be true
But everyone I know here in this place
Is very strange

If you'll hand me my crayons
I'll be glad to take your name
In case I run across that guy you knew
But I don't remember loving you

Wonder if the MC could beat Mrs. Wright in a game of darts. Just an arbitrary thought :) Kinda like my events planner having two different colored eyes.. also think the MILF who fills in waitressing the tables is pretty hot. Time for another event? One in which the uncle doesn't listen.. has too much fun and slumps in his chair. Not serious.. just overdid it but scares the crap out of everyone..

And I don't recall the things
You say you put me through
You tell me that you've had
A guilty conscience for so long

You say that you walked out on me
You say you did me wrong
Well, I just don't see how that could be true
'Cause I don't remember loving you

Fiona = trouble.. Don't want it but think it's hovering out there somewhere.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I just finished playing it for the first time.

I can honestly say that I didn't expect it to be this good or have this much content already.

The story, the characters, all the written stuff is simply excellent, CG is beautiful for all the characters and environments and especially for the women. Ambient sounds (as few as there are) are well implemented and although this kind of music isn't something that I would normally listen to, it's also not just random background music, but matched to the scenes and environments and didn't bother me much (and since it's correctly bound to the music channel, it can be muted by the music volume slider - a simple thing often incorrectly implemented in Ren'Py games).
Also, didn't encounter any bugs.

And what is always a very important quality for me is that all the females are correctly proportioned within the normal limits, something you don't see too often in adult games. Each and every one of them. Even the very old ladies (I'd prefer not to see them naked, though :ROFLMAO: ).

A beautiful game both story wise and visually.

BTW, totally recognized my own dad's stubbornness, attitude towards doctors, doctors appointments and medical science in general in uncle Max. Well, science in general, actually :sneaky: (the complete opposite of me).
Totally the same kind of 'damn old stubborn goat' :p. The same kind of moron about his own health. The only really bad thing he managed to give up is smoking and only after getting a relatively mild heart attack for more than 10 years ago. He wouldn't be still alive otherwise (he's 86)

Last edited:

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I don't know if it's just me, but Annie irritates me a bit, keeps joking and teasing MC with Max and those kisses for Max. I think she prefers to be with Max than MC since she's more with Max. Actually i play in 0.1 version. I don't know if Annie's behavior will change or not. If not, I won't like her so much.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I don't know if it's just me, but Annie irritates me a bit, keeps joking and teasing MC with Max and those kisses for Max. I think she prefers to be with Max than MC since she's more with Max. Actually i play in 0.1 version. I don't know if Annie's behavior will change or not. If not, I won't like her so much.
There is nothing wrong with a cute girl harmlessly flirting with a dying old man. She isn't serious, I doubt he would seriously consider it, she was in a relationship with someone up until recently it seems (based on her scene in the kitchen with the MC) as was the MC.

Reactions: Qmil679

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
There is nothing wrong with a cute girl harmlessly flirting with a dying old man. She isn't serious, I doubt he would seriously consider it, she was in a relationship with someone up until recently it seems (based on her scene in the kitchen with the MC) as was the MC.
It wouldn't surprise me, or others looking at posts, that Max is indeed the one she was in a relationship with. Just a theory at this point of course, but it adds up if you're looking for it (paying attention).

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin
4.10 star(s) 50 Votes