4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

RainMaker323

Jan 26, 2018
It's football because it's played with the feet.
It's more like that:

In the early 1800s, a bunch of British universities took "football" — a medieval game — and started playing their own versions of it, all under different rules. To standardize things across the country, these games were categorized under different organizations with different names.

One variant of the game you played with your hands became "rugby football." Another variant came to be known as "association football" after the Football Association formed to promote the game in 1863, 15 years after the rules were made at Cambridge.

"Rugby football" became "rugger" for short. "Association football" became "soccer."

After these two sports spread across the Atlantic, Americans invented their own variant of the game that they simply called "football" in the early 1900s.

"Association football" became "soccer" in America, and what was called "gridiron" in Britain became simply "football" in America.
Brits are at fault. So do a Brexit and call it the right way please, my orange presidented friends overseas.

• Haha
Reactions: Pwnographic

erkper

May 16, 2018
It's more like that:

Brits are at fault. So do a Brexit and call it the right way please, my orange presidented friends overseas.
Don't know who you quoted that tells you American football started in the early 1900s, but they're wrong.

And Americans call it football because what we call football has been called football by generations of Americans since the 1860s, period. If anyone has a problem with Americans calling something a name they reserve for something else, that's a "them" problem from both angles. In the end, IDGAS if what I call football isn't what you call football, and I really don't see why it matters. I'm worldly enough to understand when a German or Brazillian says "football" they aren't talking about the NFL, and if someone else doesn't understand what an American means when he says it, well then, that's on them...

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
So To Be A King got updated recently. We are aiming at an October release, right?
I really hope so, wish the updates were longer so I could spend more time in the game. I really want to know what’s going to happen with Morgan, will Fiona show up and cause chaos, etc. What if Fiona only arrives to drop off the MC’s belongings? Although at this point if she shows her face in that town she may end up tarred and feathered

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
Per the recent Patreon post, the next release of Last Call is scheduled for late November and the next To Be a King update is scheduled for October. The dev who writes Last Call hasn't had as much time to write recently due to the pandemic, so they are now aiming to put out several TBaK updates for each LC update.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Per the recent Patreon post, the next release of Last Call is scheduled for late November and the next To Be a King update is scheduled for October. The dev who writes Last Call hasn't had as much time to write recently due to the pandemic, so they are now aiming to put out several TBaK updates for each LC update.
Ah, that’s disappointing but understandable given the stare of the world. Wish I liked TBaK better, hope the Thinderline team stays safe.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I find it a little odd that he has less time to write due to the pandemic. I would have thought being trapped inside your house would give you even more time to write.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I find it a little odd that he has less time to write due to the pandemic. I would have thought being trapped inside your house would give you even more time to write.
Trapped inside the house with everyone else doesn’t give you a lot of time to write. If the writer has kids who are also stuck at home there’s a lot less time to do anything.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
According to the post, the writer's day job has gotten much tougher in terms of hours and stress due to COVID, which obviously carries over to his ability to write LC.

Reactions: Maviarab and ITRoy
Jan 7, 2019
i like how there side story game is getting more updates faster then there main game i hate when devs work on more then 1 game now to me it looks like to be a king is there main game which is just BS

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Trapped inside with families.

I keep seeing people say now devs are stuck home they have more time, sure, they are home but so are the wives/husbands/kids/parents.

A lot of devs have far less time now to work on things than they did.

Reactions: MrFriendly

ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
i like how there side story game is getting more updates faster then there main game i hate when devs work on more then 1 game now to me it looks like to be a king is there main game which is just BS
Normally I don't respond to fuckery like this, but what the heck. I write To Be A King, not our writer for LC. Our writer works exclusively on LC as that was the story he developed (and continues to develop). To Be A King isn't holding Last Call up.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Normally I don't respond to fuckery like this, but what the heck. I write To Be A King, not our writer for LC. Our writer works exclusively on LC as that was the story he developed (and continues to develop). To Be A King isn't holding Last Call up.
And you both do amazing jobs!(y)

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes