4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

stayclassy858

Apr 14, 2019
i like how there side story game is getting more updates faster then there main game i hate when devs work on more then 1 game now to me it looks like to be a king is there main game which is just BS
Glad ITRoy cleared this up. Some idiots don't understand the whole point of TBaK was quicker smaller updates to quench our pallet while waiting for larger less frequent LC updates. Great work on both games Thunderline team!

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Trapped inside with families.

I keep seeing people say now devs are stuck home they have more time, sure, they are home but so are the wives/husbands/kids/parents.

A lot of devs have far less time now to work on things than they did.
Meh....I guess....I suppose so.....

During the height of the pandemic most of my colleagues had to work remotely from home, trapped in their house with nagging wives and kids and still managed a 40 hour week.

Everyone's circumstances are different I suppose.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Meh....I guess....I suppose so.....

During the height of the pandemic most of my colleagues had to work remotely from home, trapped in their house with nagging wives and kids and still managed a 40 hour week.

Everyone's circumstances are different I suppose.
Anyone can do their job stuck at home with loved ones, they all know what job they do.

Slight difference between doing the job everyone knows you do and setting up the renders for the next updates anal orgy.

Xor

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2018
The truth on all this: we did patreon extras no one cared about. We realized people wanted games. Roy and I decided to make a second game while inkwell wrote LC so we could have more content released consistently. Pandemic hit and whether you believe the trouble it caused or not, the fact is, inkwells 50 hour a week job became an 80 hour a week job. You don't like tbak that is fine. No one is asking anyone to play it against their will. Added to the fact most here are playing it for free and that is what it is, but then shitting on our writer who is struggling to get through his real job only to get insulted by extremely rude and inconsiderate man babies because the game is taking more time does anything but encourage him or the team as a whole to work harder or faster. I am sorry for the delay, I truly am. And I am happy people like Last Call this much. I just hope people here can come to understand that we are not trying to screw players over. It's the complete opposite. We wanted to make content people wanted to see vs content (4k wall papers etc) extras that no one gave a damn about. That is how tbak was born. So yes, it will be more frequent, however, inkwell is a writer by trade to keep it short. That is why last call is as well written as it is. This also isn't to discredit Roy who in my opinion is improving with every update as it pertains to his writing ability. As said by some, tbak may not be their thing and that is just fine. Last Call will always take priority. Our main goal is content releases as quickly as we can for one game or the other. We hope in the end this is acceptable to our fans.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
People on here always seem to forget that for the majority of developers these games are just a hobby, this is something they do in their free time. Majority of devs doesn't even make much money off these things at the end of the day and even fewer make a living off this, so real life will always and should take priority.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
To be honest, while I enjoy both games, TBaK is more my preference. I enjoy fantasy stories with knights, kings, and damsels in distress. I am glad neither game is getting in the way of the other. Keep it up dudes.

ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
People on here always seem to forget that for the majority of developers these games are just a hobby, this is something they do in their free time. Majority of devs doesn't even make much money off these things at the end of the day and even fewer make a living off this, so real life will always and should take priority.
Correct. Even if it was just one of us developing these games, instead of a team, we'd be nowhere near paying the monthly bills. The hope is obviously to grow that over the next few years by putting out releases with good quality and keep people up-to-date between releases (I do dev updates every two weeks, usually).

I would love to do this full time. But, at this rate of growth (which I'm still not complaining about - appreciate everyone throwing us some money), it won't be anytime soon when that becomes an opportunity.

Reactions: Ghostly

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Sad but understandable. If the amazing writing in LC requires longer update times in the current circumstances, so be it (y)
The wait until November will be hard though.

On a different note, I just found out the word "fuckery" cracks me up :KEK::KEK:

Reactions: F1_V10 and ITRoy
Jan 7, 2019
last post b4 i ignore this game and the other one i was a supporter of Last Call it was supposed to be 1 month To Be A King then Last Call the next month but now 3 updates To Be A King over 1 update to Last Call and i'm paying monthly for it or should say was till now since i never asked for the side game with a story that has been done over and over again. I never supported these devs for To Be A King i did it for Last Call.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
last post b4 i ignore this game and the other one i was a supporter of Last Call it was supposed to be 1 month To Be A King then Last Call the next month but now 3 updates To Be A King over 1 update to Last Call and i'm paying monthly for it or should say was till now since i never asked for the side game with a story that has been done over and over again. I never supported these devs for To Be A King i did it for Last Call.
Your position is understandable too. If you don't like TBAK and would like to pay just for LC, unsubscribe from their patron and everything cool.
But no one can accuse the devs of not being honest about their planning. They have openly explained the situation so everyone is free to act as they see fit. Such sincerity is praiseworthy and sadly quite rare among devs.

Xor

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2018

I'd bet a lot of money you never have been and never will be a patreon supporter. And if you are or were, you never read any updates. At no point have we ever said A: 4 to 5 weeks between updates, and B: never have we said we would do one game update and then the other. So please, I politely ask that you do not put words in our mouths. However, if you do have record of us saying either A or B, please post images showing this and I will apologize for the confusion and correct it.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Bye Felicia. (Its Friday)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Your post reminded me of a song.

They have never said any of those things regarding updates.

Obe123

Jun 19, 2020
I'd bet a lot of money you never have been and never will be a patreon supporter. And if you are or were, you never read any updates. At no point have we ever said A: 4 to 5 weeks between updates, and B: never have we said we would do one game update and then the other. So please, I politely ask that you do not put words in our mouths. However, if you do have record of us saying either A or B, please post images showing this and I will apologize for the confusion and correct it.
Sorry can’t quote from another feed but that shows what you guys said. Yes I know the world is f’ed up. My job went from 32 hrs to 72. But I still do outside stuff with my kids. I make time. You dogged ppl in your comments about not giving you money. I WAS going to but first thought your levels were out of line then with this why should I. 4 months for the game I want. No thanks. Cussing the ppl you want money from is never a good idea. Just saying.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
I think you have grossly misunderstood what Patreon actually is. Patreon is not a shop where you pay X amount of money to get Y product, Patreon is a site where you pledge support because you like what the creator is creating and want to help their vision of their project come to fruition, there is no guarantee.

These devs have been nothing but transparent from day 1 about what their goals and plans are with bi-weekly dev updates and every time something has come up and their plans have had to take a slightly different turn they have been incredibly open about why that change had to be made, like when they announced their 2nd game shortly after the first or 2nd Last call release i dont remember exactly when it was announced, to many, myself included starting a 2nd game that quickly is a HUGE red flag but they were quick to make it clear that To Be A King was NOT gonna take time away from Last Call, and it has not, Like Roy has said many times now To Be A King is more or less his solo project because he is the one who has the most time between releases to do shit.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I was sure I was going to get rickrolled when I opened it.
It's been so long since I managed to do a decent rickroll.

Figure it's been done to death now so the only way to do it properly is sneaking it in where no one suspects.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Count your blessings that these devs actually discuss their game here. I personally wouldn't even waste my time with it...but that's just me. LOL

Reactions: xXwankerXx
4.10 star(s) 50 Votes