4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Per the patreon post:

If you are interested in being a potential artist, please email us at thunderlinedev@gmail.com with the following:

1. A short explanation of your experience with Daz and digital art, including how long you have used Daz

2. A sample of 3-5 renders of your own work

3. Your system specs

4. Any other pertinent background information, experience with VNs, etc.

5. An explanation of why you want to be part of the team (and how you could possibly get along with us)

While we look for a new artist, Patreon and SubcribeStar have been put on a hiatus. You will continue to see some of our lovely ladies on Instagram in the meantime (almost 1k followers! Go, Marg!) Thank you all for the continuing support.

Cheers,

Inkwell

P.S. While we understand many people may be interested, those with only a laptop will not be able to keep up with our demands. Those with only a laptop rig need not apply.
Cheers fella, missed that.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The best part of this game is (was?) the writing and the story. Renders are very good but they're not the best, and the game doesn't even have animations (no need to, I was just stating an obvious fact).

Now, if the situation was so stressful one can't help but wonder what they were thinking when they decided to revamp the game's art. For months we've been seeing nothing but previews of the girls' new looks. Perhaps it wasn't that necessary. As I said, this game's strong suit is the story and the atmosphere.

Last edited:

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1612237857300.png

Greetings all!

You may or may not have seen our announcement on Discord or Patreon, but we've found a new artist!
It was actually a strange set of events. We, as a team, talked through hiring a new artist and put the call out there. As of today, we've still received no official applicants to be the next Last Call artist.
However, at some point during the last few weeks, Xor (our coder) asked Roy to show him the ropes. He's been training under Roy for a while now and has decided he enjoys making art. Benefit: he's familiar with the project, can use the assets Roy's built for the game, and he's got some time to spare.
We honestly had no idea that Xor was possibly interested in this position when we put the call for artists out. However, since no one has applied and since Xor has shown himself quite adept (not to mention having a capable rig and interest in the art), we think he'll be the perfect candidate for taking up the torch. You can actually see a sample of his work above as the image for this post.
Xor has already begun work on .4 to the team's satisfaction. We will officially be resuming our Patreon and Subscribe star services on March 1st.
Cheers,

Inkwell

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I see the game was on hold for a while, but it appears may be finally moving forward. I had tried it on another site before and enjoyed it so I wanted to get back into it and try again now that it appears to be in motion again. I really like Morgan, but Annie is so cute... might have to do a couple of playthroughs I guess. Then of course there's Bobby (Robyn) and I am a sucker for redheads, so who knows multiple play throughs. Though it sucks, I hate being rude to others just to be with a different girl... I even wanted to see about the MILF Kelly Jo, but yeah, just stick to the fling there. I like the story, which is why I like the game. Don't always have to be about the lewd scenes for me, the story is always what keeps me interested as much as the lewd scenes. So looking forward to this moving ahead again.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Uhh, looking at the models for DMD and Sunshine Love I wouldn't say Dots has a ton of rendering power.
With DMD, I definitely agree, but Melody showed a great improvement, and I feel like Sunshine Love is one of the better rendered games on this site (mind you, not at the level of, say, Estate Domination, City of Broken Dreamers, or Being a DIK, but still definitely up there).

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
Wasn't Melody before DMD?
DMD started first, and had a lot of updates. Then Patreon's changes made incest on the site go away. So Mr.Dots started Melody. He did 2 updates of that for every 1 of DMD, so it got developed at a faster rate. It was also a shorter game, so it finished before DMD (which is still going).

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1612976614900.png

For the most part, after the first couple of months last year I never really posted much as no one really wants to hear from the coder of the team as it really just isn't interesting unless you code yourself. Art, however, people en masse find far more interesting. That being said I will do what I can to update more frequently on status of said artwork.
With the loss of IT Roy here at Thunderline Studios as he steps out to fully stretch his wings and test his abilities as a solo developer, to say it hasn't hurt both for the team and as for an individual would taste a lie. While we still interact with him and he still takes a couple nights a week to teach me about Daz3D and how to, in short, make the art for the game, it still isn't the same as having the camaraderie of working directly together. If it isn't already obvious, no fight or disagreement occurred between IT Roy and the Thunderline team. Due to time constraints with his IRL job, Roy preferred not to feel obligated to dedicate to a team. He feels more comfortable on his own where he can leisurely make art without the fear of delaying what players estimate is a reasonable time frame for release. So, to reiterate, we are still friends and we still talk quite regularly.
If you wish to go support him, he is still able to make one offs, customs and he even just released a comic!
IT Roy Patreon:
IT Roy's Discord:
As for me, I personally believe I have some pretty big shoes to fill. I work directly with Roy on nights we both can, and I work directly with my team, taking critiques in between to better myself. I know there are some out there who may have issues with Roy's art style, but due to our game already being established, don't expect massive changes or any changes at all for that matter. I am going to do my best to make everything look as close to Roy's initial vision as I can. Obviously this won't be the case all the time as different people prefer different angles etc, but things like textures, lighting etc, will not change.
I am slowly chugging along with renders for .4 of Last Call. Last night I just finished an early scene. It will still need post, but I am proud of my first completed scene. Unfortunately it is just a simple scene in the bar so nothing "fun" if you will for me to post to patreon hence the lovely Bobby with a nice classic car as the image for this update. I do have an internal personal goal of so many renders set up per day, but so far I have only met it twice due to still being slow on set up. I know I will speed up as I get better and that only comes with practice.
Thank you again to all our supporters, you mean the world to us and we could not do it without you. I hope that as Thunderline presses forward with me as the artist that you still love Last Call just as you have had before. As I said, I plan to remain as faithful as I can to making the art for the game so the small changes that occur with a different eye are not so obvious.
There are still some things to say, but I was honestly excited to share this Bobby render with you as it's the first render I have done that I am really proud of. So, I figured I'd share it with an update on the status of Last Call. I think now would be a good time to sign off, so to all of you thank you again, and as always,

Bottoms up,

Xor

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Si, will it have an update soon? Nice. I really like Last Call, I played To Be a King, but for me, Last Call is better. Waiting for next update :)

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1614020759037.png

I know my last update was more than a week ago and for that I am sorry. I debated putting an update out last week Monday, but I didn't have much to say. Could probably have done one Wednesday, but middle of the week seemed odd since we have generally done Monday's as our weekly updates. Regardless, moving forward expect updates on Monday's.
As the title says, I am still learning, I am still doing renders and some days are better than others. I have been asking the lovely Miss Marguerite to suggest images she'd like for instagram. The above Annie image is one example of a suggestion she made. I have been taking those as chances to experiment a bit and challenge my speed at setting up a render as well as trying to improve my expressions which I do not feel are that great. For the record, this isn't me fishing for compliments. The expression on Annie fits the motif of the render and I am happy with it. With game renders it is a little different. The sliders in DAZ3D for controlling expressions are multiple, complicated (in my opinion), and often ambiguous so I spend time just slamming them to 100 to see what it's max effect is on the face as I am trying to get the perfect feel for the scene as well as any extra direction Inkwell has in the script.
I have 2 scenes fully completed at the moment with a third almost done in which I expect it to be done today with starting on a 4th after that. Do to issues with MC's hair and batch rendering, our hero has gotten a new do which we hope you like. I'd have teased that instead of Annie, but I'm not so stupid as to think you'd rather see slightly different hair on MC vs Annie looking hot in her bedroom. While I was born at night, it wasn't last night.
As stated above, I am doing unique renders for Marg for instagram. Those of you who abhor social media, I do not blame you, but instagram will still be getting exclusives. While we will still likely bundle them at the end of the month, you will have the opportunity to see them much sooner on instagram.
PLEASE NOTE: Patreon will start back up March 1st. If you wish to not be charged, please cancel your payment ASAP.

Outside of that, I am going to return to renders and as always,

Bottoms up,

Xor

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes