4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1610125639079.png

Fiona is stopping by with her latest render.

1610178254650.png

More Fiona on your Friday? Check!

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Let them see, Mo, let our love shine through and spill in the mornings of all the peeping toms of out town.
Then we can hunt them down and flag them out with torches and rotten eggs.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

It's a sad day here. I hoped I wouldn't have to write this post, but here we are. I'm stepping away from Thunderline Studios. My day job continues to be incredibly busy. I've been trying to fight through and get game renders done, but the inspiration, after a long workday, just isn't there. Staring at a nice counter with several hundred renders for a release seems a bit too daunting with my limited time now. Looking ahead to my schedule over the next six months, I don't see it getting less busy.

Thank you all to everyone who has supported us! Our hope was after some time away for me that I'd be back to things as before, but that isn't going to be the case.

So, what happens now? We will be pausing our Patreon for the foreseeable future. There will still be some fun renders in my library that I'll be sharing. And Thunderline Studios isn't done. Look for an announcement soon as the rest of the team works to finish the wonderful story of Last Call.

I'm going to take a bit of a break from renders, though I may come back in a much reduced capacity just doing customs and fun render sets later. Our Instagram will still be active. I do have some fun renders that I've done previously that will be shared here soon.

Again, thank you all for your support and love for what we do! I wish I didn't have to say goodbye this way, but life has a habit of making decisions for you. Here's to hoping that I get enough time to be able to resume work at Thunderline at some point in the future. Have a safe and happy 2021!

- IT Roy

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

It's a sad day here. I hoped I wouldn't have to write this post, but here we are. I'm stepping away from Thunderline Studios. My day job continues to be incredibly busy. I've been trying to fight through and get game renders done, but the inspiration, after a long workday, just isn't there. Staring at a nice counter with several hundred renders for a release seems a bit too daunting with my limited time now. Looking ahead to my schedule over the next six months, I don't see it getting less busy.

Thank you all to everyone who has supported us! Our hope was after some time away for me that I'd be back to things as before, but that isn't going to be the case.

So, what happens now? We will be pausing our Patreon for the foreseeable future. There will still be some fun renders in my library that I'll be sharing. And Thunderline Studios isn't done. Look for an announcement soon as the rest of the team works to finish the wonderful story of Last Call.

I'm going to take a bit of a break from renders, though I may come back in a much reduced capacity just doing customs and fun render sets later. Our Instagram will still be active. I do have some fun renders that I've done previously that will be shared here soon.

Again, thank you all for your support and love for what we do! I wish I didn't have to say goodbye this way, but life has a habit of making decisions for you. Here's to hoping that I get enough time to be able to resume work at Thunderline at some point in the future. Have a safe and happy 2021!

- IT Roy
I wish I could be optimistic about the future of this game, TBAK, and the studio. I hope my pessimism will be proven wrong, time will tell.

Sep 3, 2020
I wish I could be optimistic about the future of this game, TBAK, and the studio. I hope my pessimism will be proven wrong, time will tell.
this game cannot be no no noooooooooo can't they get someone else get somebody to fill in for him MrFriendly tell me everything is going to be alright:cry::cry::cry::cry: aaaaaaaaaaaa

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
this game cannot be no no noooooooooo can't they get someone else get somebody to fill in for him MrFriendly tell me everything is going to be alright:cry::cry::cry::cry: aaaaaaaaaaaa
Unfortunately, only time will tell for now. I believe IT Roy, was the main person behind TBAK. I remain hopeful that it will come back after Last Call is finished. However, that doesn't change the fact that Muffin Man is a sad boy today.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I wish I could but only the developer's can do that. And it is only going to be believed when they release an update and continue to release updates on a consistent schedule...Considering the last update for this game was in July and the last update of TBAK was in October it's just difficult to be optimistic. And there's also the concern that whoever takes over the rendering may not be as good at it as IT Roy. Regardless, I hope that we shall see something soon which proves that the team is still actively working on the game and our fears are unfounded.

Unfortunately, only time will tell for now. I believe IT Roy, was the main person behind TBAK. I remain hopeful that it will come back after Last Call is finished. However, that doesn't change the fact that Muffin Man is a sad boy today.
IT Roy was the writer for TBAK as the writer for Last Call was too busy and so the devs had switched focus to TBAK. Now I don't know what will happen with either game. I'm not sure if the writer for Last Call is less busy now, who will render the two games, if TBAK is officially dead, or what the future of the studio will be. Have to wait and see what they say.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
Hello all.

Hopefully by this point you've read the update from Roy about his need to step away from Thunderline due to work. We are very saddened by this, but we understand exactly why he needs to do this and wish him well with all his work. (For reference, he is not dead or anything and will be lurking; he simply does not have time to render entire game updates. )

With this in mind, we at Thunderline think it's time to bring a new artist on board. This artist would be responsible for helping us complete the Last Call project.

Over the next 30-40 days (through the end of February), we will be taking applications for a new artist. This is a multi-stage application process to make sure the new artist will work well with the team and has the commitment and capability to do the job.

The artist would need to fit the following criteria:

- At least 15 hours a week to devote to Thunderline and the game

- A rig that can handle the art and rendering

- A commitment to be with the team long term (potentially past the Last Call game)

Reactions: MrFriendly

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Their big mistake was trying to do 2 games at once. That hardly ever works, unless you have simple linear games like SuperWriter or a ton of rendering power like MrDots. Sadly, another bites off too much to chew and chokes.

Hopefully the search for a new artist works and they can continue sometime soon-ish.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Their big mistake was trying to do 2 games at once. That hardly ever works, unless you have simple linear games like SuperWriter or a ton of rendering power like MrDots. Sadly, another bites off too much to chew and chokes.

Hopefully the search for a new artist works and they can continue sometime soon-ish.
I hope they are able to find someone who is really good, has a great system, and can immediately start work with them. Not to knock IT Roy but I think the renders could be better (also could be a lot worse) and perhaps we can see some good sex animations out of a talented new artist. I just refuse to get my hopes up. We've been waiting a long time for an update and it feels like it is going to be quite a bit longer before we get a new one.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I hope they are able to find someone who is really good, has a great system, and can immediately start work with them. Not to knock IT Roy but I think the renders could be better (also could be a lot worse) and perhaps we can see some good sex animations out of a talented new artist. I just refuse to get my hopes up. We've been waiting a long time for an update and it feels like it is going to be quite a bit longer before we get a new one.
Oh, go ahead and get your hopes up...you know you want to. But I believe you are correct it will be a while before the next update comes out.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Hello all.

Hopefully by this point you've read the update from Roy about his need to step away from Thunderline due to work. We are very saddened by this, but we understand exactly why he needs to do this and wish him well with all his work. (For reference, he is not dead or anything and will be lurking; he simply does not have time to render entire game updates. )

With this in mind, we at Thunderline think it's time to bring a new artist on board. This artist would be responsible for helping us complete the Last Call project.

Over the next 30-40 days (through the end of February), we will be taking applications for a new artist. This is a multi-stage application process to make sure the new artist will work well with the team and has the commitment and capability to do the job.

The artist would need to fit the following criteria:

- At least 15 hours a week to devote to Thunderline and the game

- A rig that can handle the art and rendering

- A commitment to be with the team long term (potentially past the Last Call game)
Ahhhhhh...if only they made this announcement a month or so ago...

Oh well, might contact them for a chat anyway.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Please do! I want this game to continue and I don’t know if it will... It would be great if you could help them out. But then I would also love to see your game too.
Well..my new rig builds have changed priority (prices for components through the damn roof right now)...as just snagged myself a 3090FE (at retail cost too!!!!)...sooo...given Daz doesn't care about your system, just your card, holding off my new builds until later in the year instead now I have what actually matters (and cost is offset as be able to sell my current cards). May also forget a new dedicated render rig as this system is perfectly fine now with the 3090, so will just save up for a new primary every day & editing machine (which was hoping to build next month lol) and may keep this current machine as the dedicated render rig. Decisions decisions hehe....but either way...come hopefully Aug/Sep will have 2 machines capable of working. Really depends what they want from someone, if just rendering then I can easily do that while still working on my own.

Normally I wouldn't be interested at all as have my own thing in process but I do like Thunderline and love this particular VN so, anyone know which is the best way to contact them? Discord?

Last edited:

YRS™

May 30, 2020
Well..my new rig builds have changed priority (prices for components through the damn roof right now)...as just snagged myself a 3090FE (at retail cost too!!!!)...sooo...given Daz doesn't care about your system, just your card, holding off my new builds until later in the year instead now I have what actually matters (and cost is offset as be able to sell my current cards). May also forget a new dedicated render rig as this system is perfectly fine now with the 3090, so will just save up for a new primary every day & editing machine (which was hoping to build next month lol) and may keep this current machine as the dedicated render rig. Decisions decisions hehe....but either way...come hopefully Aug/Sep will have 2 machines capable of working. Really depends what they want from someone, if just rendering then I can easily do that while still working on my own.

Normally I wouldn't be interested at all as have my own thing in process but I do like Thunderline and love this particular VN so, anyone know which is the best way to contact them? Discord?
I think they mention their email id

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Per the patreon post:

If you are interested in being a potential artist, please email us at thunderlinedev@gmail.com with the following:

1. A short explanation of your experience with Daz and digital art, including how long you have used Daz

2. A sample of 3-5 renders of your own work

3. Your system specs

4. Any other pertinent background information, experience with VNs, etc.

5. An explanation of why you want to be part of the team (and how you could possibly get along with us)

While we look for a new artist, Patreon and SubcribeStar have been put on a hiatus. You will continue to see some of our lovely ladies on Instagram in the meantime (almost 1k followers! Go, Marg!) Thank you all for the continuing support.

Cheers,

Inkwell

P.S. While we understand many people may be interested, those with only a laptop will not be able to keep up with our demands. Those with only a laptop rig need not apply.

Reactions: Maviarab

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I thought something like this might happen sooner or later, it seems I was right. Ever since the announcement of the second game, Last Call had death flags all over it. I remember Roy specifically talking about how two games at the same time won't hurt Last Call's development, and how it is still the main focus, but that wasn't the case at all. Updates came to it regularly, and over time, To Be a King had more content than LC, even though it was supposed to be the secondary, while it wasn't the thing that drawn people to Thunderline in the first place. Last Call hadn't had an update for almost half a year now, and here we are, the artist left, they are looking a new one which who knows how much time will take (if they really only decide around february, then march will be the earliest date), while the "honey" project will hanging dry.

I remember when LC was released, it had a rather good traction and buzz around it, but given the circumstances and the treatment, it might goes up to the list of dead projects. Too bad, because despite all it's flaws, it was still an enjoyable game.

Reactions: karumi56 and Krynh
4.10 star(s) 50 Votes