4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Render time is not the only thing that slows down development tho.

Writing, posing, planning, coding, etc, take time.. I know he doesn't work alone but still, it's not ideal to do both games at the same time.

I don't mind if updates take 5-6 months, but his updates aren't that big, so waiting 5 months for an update worth 20-30 minutes of gameplay kinda sucks
Sooo.......if the team is faster making renders/art than writing....you want that equipment sitting idle waiting on script? Their two games have different writers, and they are working around schedules to make it work.

The second game has ZERO bearing on the wait time for Last Call.....end of story.

• Haha
Reactions: EZ8lt and Maviarab

erkper

May 16, 2018
The second game has ZERO bearing on the wait time for Last Call.....end of story.
You can say it, they can say it, and you both may even be right.
The fact they feel the need to say it multiple times and my perception of time between updates suggest otherwise to me.
However, I'm not a paying customer so in the end it really doesn't matter what my perception is, and I'll just enjoy what I can get (of both games) when I can get it.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Render time is not the only thing that slows down development tho.

Writing, posing, planning, coding, etc, take time.. I know he doesn't work alone but still, it's not ideal to do both games at the same time.

I don't mind if updates take 5-6 months, but his updates aren't that big, so waiting 5 months for an update worth 20-30 minutes of gameplay kinda sucks
And no one forcing you to wait if it's that a big deal for you and you believe they are not being efficient.

Reactions: MrFriendly

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
The fact they feel the need to say it multiple times and my perception of time between updates suggest otherwise to me.
However, I'm not a paying customer so in the end it really doesn't matter what my perception is, and I'll just enjoy what I can get (of both games) when I can get it.
It's not complicated. Having a second game allows them to keep the art rolling....writing is an unfortunate bottleneck for Last Call. Outside of IT Roy, I've literally met the devs for Thunderline.....numerous beers/bar time shenanigans. Every one of these guys are doing this part time and do the best to maximize what is available for said time. IT Roy is "blessed" with quite the render setup....so it only makes sense to keep that thing churning content. Learning Blender in that available time will pay dividends as well.

erkper

May 16, 2018
It's not complicated. Having a second game allows them to keep the art rolling....writing is an unfortunate bottleneck for Last Call. Outside of IT Roy, I've literally met the devs for Thunderline.....numerous beers/bar time shenanigans. Every one of these guys are doing this part time and do the best to maximize what is available for said time. IT Roy is "blessed" with quite the render setup....so it only makes sense to keep that thing churning content. Learning Blender in that available time will pay dividends as well.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1607272393661.png

It's been a productive couple of weeks, though I always feel like there just isn't much to share. Work continues on improvements here. Environments for Last Call .4 are almost completely done. Had to strip some way down and start over to fix some lingering lighting issues. I've found that the speed improvements I get from the 3090s are being spent on improved textures and lighting. It's weird to see render times increase, but the renders do look much better. As far as these render times increasing the length between updates, they aren’t to that level.
1607272438101.png
My Daz library is finally sorted, and boy has it made work much easier. So many assets that I couldn't find before are now where they should be. And a ton of assets that just were not any good have been completely removed from my library now. I've even got some expressions saved for our main characters now, and that has been very nice. I plan to continue to add to that library over time. It will make posing and setup easier. That's another area I'm focusing on now is making some easy presets as I go. I still want to vary poses and expressions, but having something that I know works on a particular character is a much better place to start.
My day job continues to be busy, but I've been getting in at least a few hours a day in Daz. Hope everyone is staying safe. I'll be back soon with another update!
- IT Roy

goodyaz

Jul 12, 2020
Cannot wait for the update. I will probably look at the T-Studios other game in the mean time.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1608782062593.png
1608782081858.png

Annie and Morgan won the contest, so here are their special renders. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc.

P.S. If you haven't checked out , there will be special holiday surprise there tomorrow.

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes