Saoron

May 9, 2023
I thought I forgot how to save, good thing I'm not alone here complaining about saving.

fredo321

Aug 23, 2021
I'm in my room and I'm not doing anything, the escape button doesn't work nor does the right mouse button.

Am I really the only one with this problem?
Play chess in your room .;):D.... Kidding,, just go in real Store to buy a new Keyboard ( to have good Esc Key ) (y)
because you the only one, good luck

s.freud

Jan 18, 2021
It seems that something went wrong with the keybindings. In main menu, I tried to rebind them, but it was all messed up.

Jan 3, 2021
To the people that can't save, did you delete the old version or overwrite the old files with the new ones? Perhaps you have to do a clean installation.

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
Play chess in your room .;):D.... Kidding,, just go in real Store to buy a new Keyboard ( to have good Esc Key ) (y)
because you the only one, good luck
"You're the only one"

Did you not see the recent update addressing the issue? It's clear to me and many others that there isn't "only one person" having this issue but rather most of the player base.

steenbok

Jun 9, 2018
To the people that can't save, did you delete the old version or overwrite the old files with the new ones? Perhaps you have to do a clean installation.
I uninstall the old version (v1.0028) and do a fresh install with the latest version.(v1.0038) Escape button not working.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
For people who are having trouble with the ESC key not bring up the menu options:

You need to delete the Lasthope folder from "AppData\Local" (Where you put the patch file) and restart v1.0038 and it'll work.

Re-apply the patch to the new "AppData\Local\Lasthope" folder if you want.

Back up your save file before you delete otherwise you'll have to start from the beginning of the game.

Don't ask how to get to "AppData" folder!

Use the search function!

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
For people who are having trouble with the ESC key not bring up the menu options:

You need to delete the Lasthope folder from "AppData\Local" (Where you put the patch file) and restart v1.0038 and it'll work.

Re-apply the patch to the new "AppData\Local\Lasthope" folder if you want.

Back up your save file before you delete otherwise you'll have to start from the beginning of the game.

Don't ask how to get to "AppData" folder!

Use the search function!

I had old saves from the past to present for over 2 years or so and had no problem saving at all, so im not convinced this is the cause if I am being really honest. Maybe its those that have applied a patch manually, which is what I think this is referring to?

The game out of the box works fine.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
I had old saves from the past to present for over 2 years or so and had no problem saving at all, so im not convinced this is the cause if I am being really honest. Maybe its those that have applied a patch manually, which is what I think this is referring to?

I didn't even have a save file so no ideal what's causing the ESC key to not work.

Bug fix v1.0038 didn't even work until I deleted the "AppData" for the game. I'm just passing on what works for me to get the ESC key working again.

dzenpie

Jul 24, 2021

yep older save works. my save was created almost 5 years ago

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
I dont think the group sleep over is an option really atm, maybe its a placeholder event. The only reason I say this is because every event I have is completed and there is no Group Sleep over in the schedule.

iwhbydu2620

Feb 1, 2024
Anyone who is having the issue with the escape button can you try and reset your key bindings or delete the settings file in the last hope saves folder. Still trying to pin point what the issue is here, Thanks
The issue seems to stem exclusively from the AppData/Local/LastHope/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/Input.ini file. If I completely delete the WindowsNoEditor folder (causing it to be recreated entirely), and replace the Input.ini file with my old save's Input.ini file, and modify nothing else, then launch the game, the issue is reproduced.

It can also be reproduced by launching an old version of the game (e.g. LastHopeV20.6) after having cleared the WindowsNoEditor folder, opening up the keybindings under options, and rebinding a key, causing the Input.ini file to be resaved.

Something of note is that I have bound my right-mouse-button to the walk forward input. I have noticed that the new "Tablet" option seems to force the user to have either the LMB/RMB selected (or, at least, I cannot figure out a way to avoid it from defaulting to one of the two). I suspect your issue may be rooted here.

As a side note, is that behaviour mandatory? I quite prefer using LMB/RMB for alternative options, and would rather bind the tablet to TAB (or alternative).

Last Hope that helps!

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
Anyone who is having the issue with the escape button can you try and reset your key bindings or delete the settings file in the last hope saves folder. Still trying to pin point what the issue is here, Thanks
I did try to reset key bindings before I deleted the game folder from "AppData\Local" but the ESC key still won't work.

I should mention that I started a new game when the ESC key is not working, where as other people say that when they load from a previous save the problem with the ESC key is not there.

So it seems like starting a new game when you have an old game folder in "AppData\Local" is the trigger for the error.

4.50 star(s) 214 Votes