4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

soadeths

Dec 4, 2021
@ N2TheFire

Bonjour!
Voici un endroit où j'ai repéré un oubli pour avoir remplacé le mot "animal de compagnie" par celui choisi.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sinon merci pour ton jeu, je l'adore et vive le neko !

Last edited:
Reactions: N2TheFire

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
@N2TheFire

Hello!
Here's a place where I spotted an oversight for replacing the word "pet" with the one chosen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Otherwise thank you for your game, I love it and long live the neko!
I wish I could see that... unfortunately I'm having a lot of issues with images loading in here today.

Ah, nevermind... finally got the image to load. I went ahead and fixed it in the script but it will be next update before it's in there. ;)

Reactions: Twistty

soadeths

Dec 4, 2021
I wish I could see that... unfortunately I'm having a lot of issues with images loading in here today.

Ah, nevermind... finally got the image to load. I went ahead and fixed it in the script but it will be next update before it's in there. ;)
The scene takes place in the restaurant just after the first mission.
The dialogue is with the chef Amanda with the following sentence:

"But take care or your pet first, MC... We'll have our time, hehe..."

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

Its not you, the image seems to be too big and the server is probably havin issues loading it

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
N2TheFire said:
Currently in development is season 1, episode 1. I want to Keep It Simple and hopefully keep the downloads small.
K.I.S.S., but i love kisses, more soo if it's in a nice story in a nice game. ;):giggle:
Jokes aside, i love this story, nice work, very niiicceee work.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018

Yep, dropping it for you a bit sooner because I have to get to bed early tonight (stupid real job shit... ugh). Anyway, I really hope you guys enjoy it. :)

Oh, and PLEASE read the release notes if you already have played episode 1!

Last Human version 0.5 (Episode 2)
New images: 1367
Animations: 18
Lines of code: 3511
New music added: 21 tracks
Read time (approx.): 90 minutes

Important Release Notes!!:
I have added a feature that will allow you to change the name for "pet" (term of endearment). You will need to start a new game so that you can enter that. Otherwise, it will show up in dialog as the variable: [pet]. I have also added a CHOICE at the beginning of the game where you can jump to episode 2 if you don't want to start over. I apologize for that inconvenience. Just start a new game, enter your chosen names, then you can choose to skip directly to the beginning of episode 2, or play through it all.

Download Links:
PC/Windows: LastHuman-0.5-pc.zip (1.2gb)
MAC: LastHuman-0.5-mac.zip (1.1gb)
Android: LastHuman-0.5-android.apk (1.2gb)
Is it possible to make the change in the console (Shift+O) from pet to "XXXXX" ???
If so, can we see it in the Variable Viewer ?

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Is it possible to make the change in the console (Shift+O) from pet to "XXXXX" ???
If so, can we see it in the Variable Viewer ?
Why not just start a new game and make the change like I described in the release notes? You can skip right to episode 2 after that if you choose...

Mar 30, 2018
Whats the Dev cycle likely to be on this,VN's like My New Family spoiled me with the large updates at regular intervals
So we talking monthly or maybe 2 releases a year

Elwrath110

Sep 6, 2018
i dont know if this has been asked before, but does the female vocalist of some of the songs have a album or a spotify, shes got a amazing voice, curious if she has more songs

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
i dont know if this has been asked before, but does the female vocalist of some of the songs have a album or a spotify, shes got a amazing voice, curious if she has more songs
You're talking about most of the music in Serenity actually. I only used one of her songs in Last Human. But she has kind of become the voice of Serenity (or Kat). Her name is Jessie Villa and she has projects under Luna Wave and Emorie. Just search youtube. She has all kinds of stuff on there.

Reactions: pgm_01

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016

"Images loading in here today..." Was a temporary site issue. Fixed now.

Is it possible to include the surname mod into the native game script?
And separate the names the Neko's call you, and that of which you call them?

Love your stories - and thankful for all that you do here on this site.

Ps, Also added the animated, cosplay, romance tags. Just wish we had a pure or true love tag here to add also!

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Is it possible to include the surname mod into the native game script?
And separate the names the Neko's call you, and that of which you call them?
I never really thought about it. Honestly, I never thought the 'pet' name thing would be an issue or I would have added that option in a better place from the start. If there is a mod that does the work (for me) and all I have to do is change a few lines of code, I would consider it. I am not great at coding yet. I know how to code in the stuff needed to make the script and story, animations, music, etc... Anything fancy outside of that and I'm out of my wheelhouse (just being honest here). I had help with the nice buttons on the menu screen (I made the buttons myself but had someone help me with the code to install them correctly). I did figure out the dialogue box opacity thing at least (with help from other devs) and now the slider isn't super long :D

Reactions: Twistty

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Why not just start a new game and make the change like I described in the release notes? You can skip right to episode 2 after that if you choose...
I meant to say if we can do it without the obligation of strating a new game.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I meant to say if we can do it without the obligation of strating a new game.
But, even that is very quick and simple. You start a new game (it is still the same story no matter what anyway). Name your MC, change the word for pet (or keep it) then the option to jump to episode 2 comes up. Bam, game is back to normal. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought adding that choice in there would be helpful.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I was enjoying this one right up until the Nia story arc, which I actively and strongly dislike. I understand conflict and tension are needed in a story, but the MC, Nia, and Lexi are all making the worst possible decisions, and taking the story in a direction I don't want to read.

Nia is talking about forcing the MC to have sex, which is rape. She is also a literal terrorist, almost got one of his lovers killed, and is actively threatening the life of his first lover. If the MC continues just going along with this plan (and Lexi's urging and 'permission') like he's indicated he's going to so far, then it represents a major and disappointing drop in writing quality, as well as the use of a tired and extremely divisive trope. I'm already considering dropping the game and my paid support completely despite the other aspects of both LH and Serenity that I like, purely over this storyline. I don't want to read a story about a spineless pushover who lets a literal terrorist rape him.

The fact that it's the cliffhanger to end Episode 2 means we will have to wait for a resolution to this storyline for many months (i.e. all of Serenity Ch2 E3's dev time plus all of Last Human E3's dev time). So we have to sit and fester with this shitty storyline for all that time. Bad cliffhanger, bad player experience.

Writers need to remember: the players don't know what's coming like you do. So when you have a cliffhanger like this, players will evaluate it based purely on what has been shown and what the cliffhanger is. We cannot evaluate it based on what'll happen in the future, because we don't know what that will be. So a cliffhanger that leaves people unhappy and frustrated stands as the (current) ending of the game right up until the next release, and a bad one can badly harm a game.

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes