4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I loved the update, the only part that confused me and i didnt remember is the 6 "pet" limit and i wonder how that will work with the rest of the characters (like chef and assistant) but i am sure its something that will be developed in the future

Keep up the good work Dev
I thought it was a 69 pet limit?
Someone's not going to be happy.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I loved the update, the only part that confused me and i didnt remember is the 6 "pet" limit and i wonder how that will work with the rest of the characters (like chef and assistant) but i am sure its something that will be developed in the future

Keep up the good work Dev
Yea i dont remember that 6 "pet" limit either... I am going to replay all and see if it is stated in the first chapter. I do love Boob hugs
Yeah, 5 was the limit according to Pantherian law... And with Rin's help, that changed as well as freeing the male to approve of the situation. I did this as a small adjustment for those who complained about the word "pet" and Mike being forced into things. It was maybe not the best way to handle it (without having to rewrite lines from episode 1), but there it is.

I thought it was a 69 pet limit?
Someone's not going to be happy.
Someone? Aw man, who isn't happy now???
cry.gif

• Hey there
Reactions: Twistty

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, 5 was the limit according to Pantherian law... And with Rin's help, that changed as well as freeing the male to approve of the situation. I did this as a small adjustment for those who complained about the word "pet" and Mike being forced into things. It was maybe not the best way to handle it (without having to rewrite lines from episode 1), but there it is.

Someone? Aw man, who isn't happy now???
View attachment 2565309

Mmm, i dont understand the relationship with the limit and the word pet honestly.

The people that complained about the word pet, complained about it hinting to a submissive relationship of the MC, how is having a limit on the amount of women the MC can be "pet" with helps with that? If anything, it makes it worse, since you are placing even more limits on the MC. People wanted an Alpha MC, and such should be able to have as many LIs as he wants in his harem

I dont want to make pre-judgements on the future, but i hope that change doesnt mean we are out of possible LIs outside those 6 girls, again like with the Chef and the assistant, because that would be a terrible mistake.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I don't get it. I mean, I really don't follow the situation much. But like as a general rule isn't having fewer well developed characters always better than having a hundred less developed ones? I mean, unless you have to start turning girls in the game down I don't see the problem of limiting the number to something reasonable. And 5-6 sounds reasonable to me.

Reactions: Maviarab and Tavi13

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I don't get it. I mean, I really don't follow the situation much. But like as a general rule isn't having fewer well developed characters always better than having a hundred less developed ones? I mean, unless you have to start turning girls in the game down I don't see the problem of limiting the number to something reasonable. And 5-6 sounds reasonable to me.
The problem comes from the arbitrary limit placed. I mean, as i stated, we already have two characters that are being developed (Chef and assistant) that are out of that limit for now, for no reason at all

The time to develop them is already being used. I am not against not having a hundred LIs, but i dont understand the limit, specially when the Dev says its related to the "pet" issue, which i cant find a relation to it in any way

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
The problem comes from the arbitrary limit placed. I mean, as i stated, we already have two characters that are being developed (Chef and assistant) that are out of that limit for now, for no reason at all

The time to develop them is already being used. I am not against not having a hundred LIs, but i dont understand the limit, specially when the Dev says its related to the "pet" issue, which i cant find a relation to it in any way
I see. I only played up to .3 so I didn't see the last chapter. But from what I did see I figured that the dev was just going for a more focused experience with those two girls being the main ones and that the 2-3 others introduced up to .3 would be the rest of the group. At least to me it didn't look like he was going for the megaharem that his other game is.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I see. I only played up to .3 so I didn't see the last chapter. But from what I did see I figured that the dev was just going for a more focused experience with those two girls being the main ones and that the 2-3 others introduced up to .3 would be the rest of the group. At least to me it didn't look like he was going for the megaharem that his other game is.
Well, you will see that in the next chapter, new characters are being introduced and a significant amount of story revolves around them and will understand my point better

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Well, you will see that in the next chapter, new characters are being introduced and a significant amount of story revolves around them and will understand my point better
I see. In that case I shall defer my judgment until such a time that I am available to do so.

Reactions: juan palote

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
It seems like some of you really get yourselves hung up on the weirdest things (and I don't mean that in a bad way). I understand that you're confused, but honestly guys... it really is not all that confusing. The law was 5, it changed to 6 (to make room for Tessa). The change to who decides a pet claim is approved was changed as part of the whole "I don't want to be anybody's pet" issue. Now the MC has all of the power unto himself. What more would be needed?

I won't be making any more changes of any kind after this because it always makes things worse, even though this was a pretty minor change. Apparently, a few people get confused, yet hundreds of others loved everything about the update. That's the only confusing thing going on here for me.

Oh, and don't worry about all the other girls. They are all in play. After the whole "Camilla and Mom" situation with Serenity, I'll never cock-block another character in my games again due to (not wanting to do incest stuff). The six (pets) are the main LI's, but I thought the closing of episode 2 (after what Nia said) would hint at how MC isn't going to have any kind of limits. The only reason to even have main LI's in LH is because the events and story will mostly focus on them. Yet there will be side events outside of the main story.

In any case, I'm sorry that some of you are getting so confused - I just didn't see it that way (along with apparently tons of others who've downloaded and played this update). So forgive me for not understanding.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
It seems like some of you really get yourselves hung up on the weirdest things (and I don't mean that in a bad way). I understand that you're confused, but honestly guys... it really is not all that confusing. The law was 5, it changed to 6 (to make room for Tessa). The change to who decides a pet claim is approved was changed as part of the whole "I don't want to be anybody's pet" issue. Now the MC has all of the power unto himself. What more would be needed?

I won't be making any more changes of any kind after this because it always makes things worse, even though this was a pretty minor change. Apparently, a few people get confused, yet hundreds of others loved everything about the update. That's the only confusing thing going on here for me.

Oh, and don't worry about all the other girls. They are all in play. After the whole "Camilla and Mom" situation with Serenity, I'll never cock-block another character in my games again due to (not wanting to do incest stuff). The six (pets) are the main LI's, but I thought the closing of episode 2 (after what Nia said) would hint at how MC isn't going to have any kind of limits. The only reason to even have main LI's in LH is because the events and story will mostly focus on them. Yet there will be side events outside of the main story.

In any case, I'm sorry that some of you are getting so confused - I just didn't see it that way (along with apparently tons of others who've downloaded and played this update). So forgive me for not understanding.
Oh you meant that the change was the approval of the MC. Right, now i got what you meant, i thought the limit wasnt there before and you introduced it now (again, i didnt remember it)

And dont worry, i wasnt asking for changes, i was just confused by merely not remembering the was a limit in the first place

I repeat, i loved the update and i really enjoy the game, that isnt an issue for me

Keep up the good work and sorry for the confusion

jflem0990

Dec 22, 2022

You do you, i just wanted to see if i missed the line.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
You're talking about most of the music in Serenity actually. I only used one of her songs in Last Human. But she has kind of become the voice of Serenity (or Kat). Her name is Jessie Villa and she has projects under Luna Wave and Emorie. Just search youtube. She has all kinds of stuff on there.

just out of curiosity .. you did a cross over with Serenity and Last Human ... will you be doing it again with Last Human in Serenity ? .... i mean theres really no reason too .. just curious is all :)

• Love
Reactions: Twistty
Sep 26, 2021
I've been messing around with printing physical copies of a few VNs that I read lately. I've got a couple in the works but Last Human is the first one that I've finished so far. The box art is printed to fit Xbox One cases, although it would be easy enough to scale to any other size case like PS4 or DVD or whatever. The game itself is burnt onto a 25GB re-writeable Blu Ray. Hopefully 25GB will be enough to hold the entire game when it's finished, but if not, then I can always get bigger Blu Rays. Right now the disc is just acting like a glorified thumb drive, so it doesn't have any sort of installation functionality. To actually play Last Human using the disc you'd basically just have to copy the files over to your computer manually. I do want to try and add some sort of custom installer though. That way it'll be more authentic.

Apologies for my grainy phone camera. The print does look better in real life than it does in these pictures, although they definitely don't look as good as real Xbox One games. That's just the limits of a home office printer I guess.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've made a couple of variant covers as well.

Unfortunately printing art on the disc is one and done, but I will probably iterate on the box art a bit. I'm not entirely satisfied with the layout and what not. I think it turned out pretty cool for a first attempt though.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
just out of curiosity .. you did a cross over with Serenity and Last Human ... will you be doing it again with Last Human in Serenity ? .... i mean theres really no reason too .. just curious is all :)
Actually, I do have a few short, minor situations/events written that I may use. Probably not for a few episodes though since Serenity is about to get kind of serious for a bit.

Reactions: ImperialD

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I've been messing around with printing physical copies of a few VNs that I read lately. I've got a couple in the works but Last Human is the first one that I've finished so far. The box art is printed to fit Xbox One cases, although it would be easy enough to scale to any other size case like PS4 or DVD or whatever. The game itself is burnt onto a 25GB re-writeable Blu Ray. Hopefully 25GB will be enough to hold the entire game when it's finished, but if not, then I can always get bigger Blu Rays. Right now the disc is just acting like a glorified thumb drive, so it doesn't have any sort of installation functionality. To actually play Last Human using the disc you'd basically just have to copy the files over to your computer manually. I do want to try and add some sort of custom installer though. That way it'll be more authentic.

Apologies for my grainy phone camera. The print does look better in real life than it does in these pictures, although they definitely don't look as good as real Xbox One games. That's just the limits of a home office printer I guess.

I've made a couple of variant covers as well.

Unfortunately printing art on the disc is one and done, but I will probably iterate on the box art a bit. I'm not entirely satisfied with the layout and what not. I think it turned out pretty cool for a first attempt though.
Okay just... WOW! That is way too cool!! I love it!

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I've been messing around with printing physical copies of a few VNs that I read lately.
Cool project!

But when I first read that line I thought you are printing the whole story onto paper like a book and started to wonder how much paper and ink that would need ... I imagine it would look something like this :D
1682276954628.png
(from )

Reactions: ReservoirCreature
Sep 26, 2021
But when I first read that line I thought you are printing the whole story onto paper like a book and started to wonder how much paper and ink that would need ... I imagine it would look something like this :D
Once upon a time I did try my hand at book binding. I printed and bound some translations of light novels and manga and stuff, to varying results. I briefly considered trying to print Fate/Stay Night as a book, where each route would be its own volume. I never actually tried it though.

I think you could probably actually pull that off for VNs that have a lot of text and not a lot of images, but for any of these western VNs that have thousands of renders, it absolutely would not work.

Reactions: bacienvu88
4.20 star(s) 17 Votes