Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Can you elaborate the reasons and what is weekness in rpgm version even i saw plenty weekness in renpy version game crashing there not hint or walkthrough system you just have to click on random thing like mad lad
Who is the artist behind the animation in your signature?

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
Can you elaborate the reasons and what is weekness in rpgm version even i saw plenty weekness in renpy version game crashing there not hint or walkthrough system you just have to click on random thing like mad lad
About second part first, in next episode Dark will implement quest log. This time he didn't add it because of some problems. As for reasons, Dark as developer has own on this point, he struggled a lot with developing in RPGM engine. He said so by himself. Animations, code, etc. As for me like I player I can't save anywhere because I play on Mac, everybody can't save during the scenes and Dark loves to make them long enough, so it's very uncomfortable. Next we spend time moving Laura on the map. In sandbox mechanics we make so also, but much faster. And other reasons.

S.A.M studios

Jan 3, 2020
About second part first, in next episode Dark will implement quest log. This time he didn't add it because of some problems. As for reasons, Dark as developer has own on this point, he struggled a lot with developing in RPGM engine. He said so by himself. Animations, code, etc. As for me like I player I can't save anywhere because I play on Mac, everybody can't save during the scenes and Dark loves to make them long enough, so it's very uncomfortable. Next we spend time moving Laura on the map. In sandbox mechanics we make so also, but much faster. And other reasons.
I don't hate renpy engine but rpgm doesn't need any coding to develop the game it's all automated system and for the long scenes treasure of nadia and the genesis order also has that and those games are made in rpgm they doing well. The problem with renpy games is they are linear there good games in repny engine like Kunoichi trainer, princess trainer and witch trainer they didn't gave us feel of linear. If this game goes in the that direction then it's not an issue. I saw two games got totally destroyed after changing the engine Lida's adventure and 4 years in tehran because they didn't feel like games as well as devs lose their intrest to develop them further after changing the engine. Renpy engine is good but codding also worst than rpgm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingdomless

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I don't see the point in changing the engine to renpy if you're gonna keep the rpgm mechanichs. This first version is just busy work going room to room for nothing. Just make a straight vn like Laura Island Adventure.
Navigation needs some work. Maybe you can use an interface with all the available locations instead of the point and click.

Last edited:

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
Don't know why he just doesn't make a regular game like the other devs, playing his games is frustrating, regular game, then island game, then remake with frustrating mechanic, then new bugs, hell would be nice if he does something like misfits or hometown trap, no time consuming bullshit, just a story that let's you just go forward on the story.
The Dev has great talent, love his game, just hast to bring it out in a more simple way.

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
Dark Anu if you love your game please don't make a remake of chapter 1.
Just go Forward,because it will consume your time doing remake + LIA.
if i were you just focus on LLS first and finish it. pause LIA fot the mean time.
Chapter 2 will have +- same amount of updates like Chapter 1. You suggest leave LIA on pause for 1.5-2 years? Dark love this project.

Ass-a-Lot

Aug 29, 2018
Chapter 2 will have +- same amount of updates like Chapter 1. You suggest leave LIA on pause for 1.5-2 years? Dark love this project.
ahuh,well after this update,he will work on chapter 1 remake for how many months?and then LIA for how many months?how long will it take for the next update of LLS?1 year?yeah good for you then.

Reactions: justoo
Jan 18, 2018
1. Go inside the bathroom (top and shorts)
2. Clean James room (top and shorts)
3. Talk Emma in her room (top and shorts)
4. Go to sleep (beige lingerie)
5. Goinsidethebathroom(top and shorts)
6. Clean James room (top and shorts)
7. Talk Sam in the Kitchen (top and shorts)
8. Go to sleep (beige lingerie)
9. Clean bathroom (top and shorts)
10. Go to Kisha's store (Red dress and Jacket)
11. Talk Emma in her room (top and shorts)
12. Go to sleep (beige lingerie)
13. Clean bathroom (top and shorts)
14. Clean James room (top and shorts)
15. Go to your room and put beige lingerie
16. Go to sleep (beige lingerie)
17. Clean Bathroom (top and shorts)
18. Peep James (top and shorts)
19. Talk Joe in the bar (Red dress and Jacket)
20. Go to sleep (beige lingerie)
21. Talk David in the bath (top and shorts)
22. Visit Kishas AP (Red dress and Jacket)
23. Talk Sam in the livingroom (Red dress and Jacket)
24. Go to sleep
25. Talk Emma in the livingroom (Red dress andJacket)
26. Confront James (top and shorts)
27. Talk David in the Bath (top and shorts)
Nothing works for me, besides dialog in the bathroom and changing clothes and going out to end the game trying to enter a building. Is it a bug on Windows version? Shit... I loved this game!

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
ahuh,well after this update,he will work on chapter 1 remake for how many months?and then LIA for how many months?how long will it take for the next update of LLS?1 year?yeah good for you then.
In good case every update should be max 1.5 months. Because I love Laura so much I play all his projects, and I am totally fine with it. If you don't like LIA don't play it. And wait for LLS. Boss here is Dark Anu, and he will decide what to do, not you, or me, or some other dude.

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
Nothing works for me, besides dialog in the bathroom and changing clothes and going out to end the game trying to enter a building. Is it a bug on Windows version? Shit... I loved this game!
Maybe, on Mac everything is perfect. I played both versions from Dark- normal size and compressed.

Ass-a-Lot

Aug 29, 2018
In good case every update should be max 1.5 months. Because I love Laura so much I play all his projects, and I am totally fine with it. If you don't like LIA don't play it. And wait for LLS. Boss here is Dark Anu, and he will decide what to do, not you, or me, or some other dude.
i never said i don't like LIA,why being so defensive?work on your comprehension.im just suggesting.don't get your panties in a wad,jeez.

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
i never said i don't like LIA,why being so defensive?work on your comprehension.im just suggesting.don't get your panties in a wad,jeez.
You suggest leave LIA on pause, so I understood you don't like it. If you do OK, I was wrong then in this point.

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes