aochung

May 4, 2017
The "hide-n-seek" items is time-padding at best, plus in order to finish the Briana note event you have to go into the phone and check all the messages that I didn't even know about (or cared about).
thanks for that nugget. stopped me cold for 20 min trying to figure out why I couldn't click on the blue paper. I'm on a mission at work, why do i need to stop to view a txt from somebody i really don't want anything to do with.

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
Enjoying it overall, but the MC's hair is just atrocious. Genuinely I thought it was a mistake or a joke or something the first time I saw it, but his weird-ass Norman Osborn sidecut was apparently intentional.
To all you guys who think the MC's hair is inappropriate for a legal intern:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Abhai

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
you have to click on every "clicking object" firstly.
after that move your cursor over central part of lower screen edge, where direction arrow/pointer is hidden.
the navigation in free roam events could be better, hopefully that will be improved in future releases.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I will always appreciate great feedback like this!

I'll fix this in the next update because there is no "plot" reason you should have to click on everything in the bookshelf. It's just a result of a newb coding my first renpy project.

The v1.1 release has already replaced those hard to see / hidden arrows with some pink ones to make life a bit easier.

Reactions: Abhai and ecopeon

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
thanks for that nugget. stopped me cold for 20 min trying to figure out why I couldn't click on the blue paper. I'm on a mission at work, why do i need to stop to view a txt from somebody i really don't want anything to do with.
Thanks for the feedback!

There are future plot reasons that will become obvious later on as to why need to have read the SMS before progressing. I'm trying to figure out if I can cross things off on the phone tasks screen to make this less of a mystery though.

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
yeah, and to not mention that terrible color of his pants :FacePalm:
proper law student needs pink colored pants, and not such atrocity.
also he needs a wrist watch, preferably casio unisex.
there are additional things considering his outfit and overall look in need of fixing, yet i feel those few are THE MUST.
i simply cant immerse myself otherwise....every dev should pay ultimate attention to those most important details in avns, starting with mc hair, and followed by wrist watches and pants colors.
*sarcasm of*
:BootyTime:
Pink pants I can do!
Casio unisex is going to be a big challenge though ;)

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
S1E4: A Dog's Day - dev update

mystery ass.jpg

I just want to say thankyou to everyone who has supported the game, especially with ratings and reviews and feedback. They're always welcome and they're helping me to make the Law of Attraction 'experience' better.

Secondly I wanted to say that "Episode 4: A Dog's Day" isn't far off. I haven't worked on it in a few days as I was getting E1-E3 uploaded and fixing some poor nav choices, but it was already well on the way before that.

I don't want to put a date on it because I don't want to disappoint anyone if I miss the deadline - especially as there are now a couple of things that I am going back to change based on the feedback in this thread!

Episode 4 will release in the next few weeks - I will update a more exact date after all the renders are done and it is into playtesting and bugfixing.

Check out my .

(love)

Miss Cherrylicious

edit: forgot the teaser image!

Last edited:

aochung

May 4, 2017
Thanks for the feedback!

There are future plot reasons that will become obvious later on as to why need to have read the SMS before progressing. I'm trying to figure out if I can cross things off on the phone tasks screen to make this less of a mystery though.
If it is integral to the story, perhaps making the phone pop-up so we can't miss it?

FYI - for me personally, the arrows blend in too much and on the phone it's difficult to differentiate when i have a text or need to phone or something.

thx for listening :)

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
I like it so far - but the free roams are one of the worst I have ever had to handle. Takes way to long to highlight stuff. I am not even sure all the clickables ARE highlighted. And maybe make the arrows permanent so I least now where to click to get out of screen.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Pink pants I can do!
Casio unisex is going to be a big challenge though ;)
nah, i was kidding there.
nothing wrong with his pants, or with lack of wrist watches or anything.
im not even bothered with his hair, despite its being a little "adventurous".
Im more bothered with those complaining of mcs hair, as i dont see it as a gamebreaker (more like minor detail, something like pants color on wrist watch)...even more as lately there is a whole movement "i wanna mc hair to my particular liking - otherwise this game is garbage/unplayable";)

looking forward to the next chapter, one of my fav new games for sure(y)

Reactions: Miss Cherrylicious

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
I like it so far - but the free roams are one of the worst I have ever had to handle. Takes way to long to highlight stuff. I am not even sure all the clickables ARE highlighted. And maybe make the arrows permanent so I least now where to click to get out of screen.
Hi Old Man AI

The arrows in the 1.1 version don't disappear, and they're pink to make the freeroams easier. I think next time I'll make them bigger too.

As for the lag - are you playing on a MAC?

I don't get any lag on my Mac (fairly old 2016 laptop) but someone else reported laggy freeroam buttons on their Mac + I've been told there is a known issue with this version of Renpy getting laggy for macs where imagebuttons are used.

I think that I will have to upgrade to Renpy 8.0 (sorry Linux players) and see if I can release episode 4 that way, as it contains 10+ newer releases of python and see if that cleans up the lag at all (if it doesn't break all my code!).

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Hi Old Man AI

The arrows in the 1.1 version don't disappear, and they're pink to make the freeroams easier. I think next time I'll make them bigger too.

As for the lag - are you playing on a MAC?

I don't get any lag on my Mac (fairly old 2016 laptop) but someone else reported laggy freeroam buttons on their Mac + I've been told there is a known issue with this version of Renpy getting laggy for macs where imagebuttons are used.

I think that I will have to upgrade to Renpy 8.0 (sorry Linux players) and see if I can release episode 4 that way, as it contains 10+ newer releases of python and see if that cleans up the lag at all (if it doesn't break all my code!).
Hi,

I am playing on a PC with Windows 11, close to top notch I might add. I might even be able to do VNs, if I wouldn't be an absolute non-achiever in the creative department. ;D
I will not rule out my PC is shitty configured for VNs, but I never had that problem in other VNs until now.

I will try your VN out in the future for sure, because - as told before - I liked it so far on the story side.

Thanks for taking your time to answer. :)

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
harem again and again not interested
and?

im not interested in more than few planned tags (dom stuff, bdsm, spanking, group sex, swinging, watersports etc) yet as long as those are optional aka players choices (which should be the case here) i have zero problem with that.
and certainly im not gonna bitch "omg, it has xyz kink - im out/not interested", particularly as that doesnt interest anyone here - if you dont like it, simply move to the games with your preferred content.

Reactions: darlic

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Vague details....so what are scoundrel points or core points (are they good or bad for the story)? The present game structure there is no way to know what choices yield points, unless you use 0x52_URM tool. I want to play towards a harem path when available.

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
Hi MrBenny

Thanks for playing the game!

In the intro Dakota kind of gives an explanation as to how scoundrel / gentleman points work. Because I'm a massive nerd I basically thought of them as chaotic / lawful alignment respectively.

Each girl has a score for sexual monogamy, emotional monogamy & their scoundrel/gentleman preference, which determines how they react to your choices.

Because I'm trying to keep the game semi emotionally realistic, there will be some girls that are down for an ENM relationship at the end, and others you'll need a high relationship score with to get them there. If I make the game well enough, the context of each girl's reactions to your choices should give you an idea of where they stand.

As for the "h-word" thing, I was inspired by PhillyGames' first game (Depraved Awakenings) because in that game if you played your cards well you could end up with what I would describe as the h-word ending even though it didn't include technically 100% of the female cast (not sure everyone on this forum would agree with me there).

Of course, if you're a big enough scoundrel, you might end up with an LI that demands emotional and sexual monogamy and just cheat on her anyway ;)

I'll be sure to telegraph any big choices when they come up so that players don't get restricted by choices - but there aren't any of those in the game yet (they aren't planned until late season 2). For now the MC is just a free agent and the world is his oyster!

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
How in the hell do you navigate in this game?
I'm just clicking around randomly and every now and then I'll see a different room.

Edit:
Ok, with the arrows it's better, but still not great.
For some reason there is a delay between the mouse hovering on something clickable and it being highlighted.
Once I've worked out what's clickable I can get it to show the highlight but by then it's kinda pointless.

On a side note, not a fan of dependencies on things being accessible.
If there's a logical reason why you need to do/look at A before B, then that's fine, but not just because you want everyone to look at A even if they don't care about it.

Last edited:

DubstepSmite

Sep 5, 2019
3. Renders are well done, but some of the female faces need some help, to me they seem to have too bit of a harsh angle with odd mouths.
I agree. I only looked at the screenshots and the faces of the women definitely don't inspire me. It's something about the eyes or cheek bones seeming weird to me. But perhaps that's just the taste of the dev. The premise of the game seemed interesting but no point in trying it out for me if I don't find the characters attractive.

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
Edit:
Ok, with the arrows it's better, but still not great.
For some reason there is a delay between the mouse hovering on something clickable and it being highlighted.
Once I've worked out what's clickable I can get it to show the highlight but by then it's kinda pointless.

On a side note, not a fan of dependencies on things being accessible.
If there's a logical reason why you need to do/look at A before B, then that's fine, but not just because you want everyone to look at A even if they don't care about it.
Hi dougiehouser
Always appreciate good feedback like this!

I think the lag has to do with the release of the game being made with an older version of Renpy. Next ep will be recoded to work in Renpy 8.0, which doesn't seem to have the complaints about imagebutton lag and a much newer version of python included.

As for the dependencies - completely agree and have recoded a couple of things for the next release (including the bookshelf) where the plot doesn't require you to see it, so the game won't force you to etc.

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes