3.60 star(s) 10 Votes

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Has anyone figured out how the heck you're supposed to used those Secrets skills? Because I went over the umlf, and contrary to the guide included with the translation, it says that the key to beat his ass is the first secret skill, which you're supposed to use whenever he taunts you.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Has anyone figured out how the heck you're supposed to used those Secrets skills? Because I went over the umlf, and contrary to the guide included with the translation, it says that the key to beat his ass is the first secret skill, which you're supposed to use whenever he taunts you.
Which guy are you referring to?

And no, in all my hours playing the game I could never figure out how to trigger them reliably. I could go into the game files, but barely even know where to start looking.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Which guy are you referring to?

And no, in all my hours playing the game I could never figure out how to trigger them reliably. I could go into the game files, but barely even know where to start looking.
Samson. I dunno how in the fuck I forgot to type his name in my last post...

In any case, according to the UMLF comment, when he taunts Raina and she gets that status effect, she's supposed to use the first ultimate skill, and it stuns him with 100% chance. Though, granted, I think, going by the date of the comment, that it was made before all the patches came out on the non-translated game, so I don't know if anything was changed.

Also, what DID you try? The game doesn't seem to even mention the stupid things, except in passing early on, and gives no hints whatsoever about how they're supposed to be triggered. All it mentions is that they use TP and MP at the same time.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Samson. I dunno how in the fuck I forgot to type his name in my last post...

In any case, according to the UMLF comment, when he taunts Raina and she gets that status effect, she's supposed to use the first ultimate skill, and it stuns him with 100% chance. Though, granted, I think, going by the date of the comment, that it was made before all the patches came out on the non-translated game, so I don't know if anything was changed.

Also, what DID you try? The game doesn't seem to even mention the stupid things, except in passing early on, and gives no hints whatsoever about how they're supposed to be triggered. All it mentions is that they use TP and MP at the same time.
Oh Samson, such a piece of shit.

Mostly just observing as I did combat. I also did some experiments about whether they show up at certain HP/MP/TP/Armor breakpoints, whether they triggered after a certain number of regular attacks, if it was just every X number of turns, etc. Couldn't ever figure out any patterns.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Welp. Got around to finishing the game. Now... I usually don't bother saying this, and more often than not, I don't care... buuuuuuuut....

Maaaan This game was grindy as all fuck. I get it that it was meant to be replayed several times. I even like games that do that sort of stuff sometimes. I played Goblin's Burrow a LOT, and I replayed Evening Starter several times. So on and so forth. However, the main difference between those games and this one was the fact that they made those replays interesting in a number of ways. Goblin's Burrow had the breeding mechanics that made it interesting to keep building up a good Burrow, giving you the 'quest' of creating the ultimate goblins in addition to scene collecting. Evening Starter had a genuinely interesting combat system...etc.

The fact of the matter is that the combat is just... not that great and often becomes tedious. Then there's the fact that the progression of the protagonist is entirely linear. On top of that, the management part becomes next to nil once the technology trees and the knight training is maxed out. You don't even really have anything to spend resources on except the stat boosters from the dubious wizard. Even more amusing, the stat boosters give 100 HP for the HP ones, 30 MP for the MP one, and 3-6 to a stat for the stat ones. They cost 500 a piece and it's pretty easy to buy a huge amount of them if you plan things out a bit.

You can do a whatever run that gets you to Chapter 2 and focus on tech-ing up and stat boosting like mad, fail, then breeze through the game fairly easily if you have the patience for it.

Beyond that, your mileage will vary with the story. It was... a bit meh for me, especially since it basically gave you all the clues nearly from the start, but that's all subjective anyway. I mean, FFS, the name of the game is one of the hints when combined with everything else. "The Last Saint Knight"? Can you be less unsubtle?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Beyond that, your mileage will vary with the story. It was... a bit meh for me, especially since it basically gave you all the clues nearly from the start, but that's all subjective anyway.
So funny story about that. I didn't realise when I was translating the game that the intro section was coded in an entirely different way from the rest of the text. So I was going through the text in a more or less linear order, without seeing the intro. I was like, 'damn this story is pretty good, that's a quality twist for an H-game'. There were even some out of order H-scenes with Neville that I completely rewrote after getting through the story. On the first pass, I thought the MTL had just turned them into gibberish because what was being said was so confusing and out of left field. Then I started playtesting, and realised there was a whole intro section I hadn't translated.

When I finished translating it I considered just deleting it. Having the whole thing spoiled from the start was such a let down.

Reactions: Seamonkey

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Welp. Got around to finishing the game. Now... I usually don't bother saying this, and more often than not, I don't care... buuuuuuuut....
My game glitched out near the end of the game...would you please happen to have a save game in the last or second-last chapter?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
My game glitched out near the end of the game...would you please happen to have a save game in the last or second-last chapter?
Here you go. Saves 2-4 are from Chapter 5, with Save 2 being right before you can sortie to the war. Saves 5-9 are from chapter 6, with Save 6 being right before departure, and Save 9 should be right before the fight with the boss. Save 10 is right before you go talk with Cecilia to prepare for the fight with the Final Boss of the game. View attachment Saves 2-10.7z

So funny story about that. I didn't realise when I was translating the game that the intro section was coded in an entirely different way from the rest of the text. So I was going through the text in a more or less linear order, without seeing the intro. I was like, 'damn this story is pretty good, that's a quality twist for an H-game'. There were even some out of order H-scenes with Neville that I completely rewrote after getting through the story. On the first pass, I thought the MTL had just turned them into gibberish because what was being said was so confusing and out of left field. Then I started playtesting, and realised there was a whole intro section I hadn't translated.

When I finished translating it I considered just deleting it. Having the whole thing spoiled from the start was such a let down.
Oh wow. That's rather weird. I wonder why it ended up organized that way. Sounds like there was a certain measure of indecisiveness over the story overall during production... That or the Dev don't think that highly about the intelligence of their customers... That's also possible, I suppose.

Still, while I definitely wouldn't buy this particular game, I don't quite regret the time spent on it. It was a good time waster for a bit if nothing else. Even if that weren't the case, I still appreciate the work you put in this. The translator can't be blamed for the dubious quality of the story and the game itself after all. I still wouldn't really recommend it unless you're REALLY into hard-rape stuff, since the corruption stuff is pretty minimal.

Thank you for the work, MuninKai.

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
How to pass random teleport trap in Chapter 4? The walkthrough says it's easy but I'm trapped for an hour already... Halp...
I just need to end one last torch on the top left of the map...
And is it possible to reduce sensitivity? I accidentally ate too much bread hahaha...

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Here you go. Saves 2-4 are from Chapter 5, with Save 2 being right before you can sortie to the war. Saves 5-9 are from chapter 6, with Save 6 being right before departure, and Save 9 should be right before the fight with the boss. Save 10 is right before you go talk with Cecilia to prepare for the fight with the Final Boss of the game. View attachment 1316365
Thanks for the save games!

Looks like I miscalculated the length...I think my save was corrupted at chapter 3. You wouldn't happen to have a save there, would you?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
How to pass random teleport trap in Chapter 4? The walkthrough says it's easy but I'm trapped for an hour already... Halp...
I just need to end one last torch on the top left of the map...
And is it possible to reduce sensitivity? I accidentally ate too much bread hahaha...
Hmmm, I can't really help, because I just brute forced it. IIRC, just make sure you are keeping track of what teleports you go down and just don't do the same one twice?

And no, but there is an equipment piece that makes you immune to climax, so sensitivity won't matter. You don't have it yet, but the Beryl Earrings do that and make you immune to lightning.

Reactions: BlackElite

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
Hmmm, I can't really help, because I just brute forced it. IIRC, just make sure you are keeping track of what teleports you go down and just don't do the same one twice?

And no, but there is an equipment piece that makes you immune to climax, so sensitivity won't matter. You don't have it yet, but the Beryl Earrings do that and make you immune to lightning.
Thank you for the reply!
I'm going to try it again later, because I think I kinda find a pattern in the trap, but keep forgetting the place hahahaha

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
Finally completed the game! Thank you for the translation, truly!
But the ending though
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I hope there's a sequel of this hahahaha
Once again, thank you for the translation!

Reactions: MuninKai

redblade

May 11, 2020
Awesome translation, thanks - also to everyone asking how to unlock the secret skills: just go under 60% hp and they will become usable, if you have multiple moves you can even queue it up to be used after healing

Reactions: BlackElite
3.60 star(s) 10 Votes