desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Man, this game is easily my favourite in its category. Sure the massive intro was tough to digest but the game mechanics and the overall premise itself is pretty rad. I really am looking forward to their next game and I hope someone as amazing as MetroidFan does a translation for it. I would gladly support any work like this being done.
I spent a good 3-4 days on the first run, and while I did enjoy it, there is clearly some weaknesses. The main issue I see, which was something that I anticipated before even playing, is the fact that the gameplay and the sex scenes are at odds with each other. Basically, you have to deliberately sabotage your war effort to get the scenes. This feels rather bad from a gameplay perspective because the game and combat mechanics are pretty fun and ideally, you'd want to kick ass. There was another strategy game that had a similar issue. The title escapes me, but it was about a country of females fighting against male invaders that want to make them sex slaves in a ROTKish setting. Trying to get scenes in that game was even worse than this.

Another issue is that the game does a poor job accounting for the girls' sex history when crossing over between routes. Ares and the girl both ignore the fact that she was fucked 500 times by the king and had 3 babies when you enter their love route afterwards. This is not even an oversight that came about due to meta gaming and doing weird stuff. Beatrice was taken by the king due to a story event. Her bad ending condition is for her to get fucked a lot by the King. If you follow her love route to the point of getting her ending, she and Ares will have sex and the King will not accept her anymore. So the only way to get the bad ending is to get her fucked 101+ times before taking her out and following her love route.

The third act is really shitty. It just throws cold water on everything you've been building up in terms of character relations and NTR vibes. Honestly, the game would be way better without this demon shit. It should end with Holy King harem bad endings or Hippa bad endings. It should only go onto act 3 if you fullfill some conditions like keeping all (or at least the chosen) heroines free from the king.

Finally, the scenes are pretty good at first, but it gets rather repetitive across the different heroines.

I did enjoy this for what it is though. I had decent fun with the gameplay side, and had some nice faps with the NTR stuff, but the game as a whole has some issues.

Reactions: The NTRtainer

The NTRtainer

May 22, 2020
I spent a good 3-4 days on the first run, and while I did enjoy it, there is clearly some weaknesses. The main issue I see, which was something that I anticipated before even playing, is the fact that the gameplay and the sex scenes are at odds with each other. Basically, you have to deliberately sabotage your war effort to get the scenes. This feels rather bad from a gameplay perspective because the game and combat mechanics are pretty fun and ideally, you'd want to kick ass. There was another strategy game that had a similar issue. The title escapes me, but it was about a country of females fighting against male invaders that want to make them sex slaves in a ROTKish setting. Trying to get scenes in that game was even worse than this.

Another issue is that the game does a poor job accounting for the girls' sex history when crossing over between routes. Ares and the girl both ignore the fact that she was fucked 500 times by the king and had 3 babies when you enter their love route afterwards. This is not even an oversight that came about due to meta gaming and doing weird stuff. Beatrice was taken by the king due to a story event. Her bad ending condition is for her to get fucked a lot by the King. If you follow her love route to the point of getting her ending, she and Ares will have sex and the King will not accept her anymore. So the only way to get the bad ending is to get her fucked 101+ times before taking her out and following her love route.

The third act is really shitty. It just throws cold water on everything you've been building up in terms of character relations and NTR vibes. Honestly, the game would be way better without this demon shit. It should end with Holy King harem bad endings or Hippa bad endings. It should only go onto act 3 if you fullfill some conditions like keeping all (or at least the chosen) heroines free from the king.

Finally, the scenes are pretty good at first, but it gets rather repetitive across the different heroines.

I did enjoy this for what it is though. I had decent fun with the gameplay side, and had some nice faps with the NTR stuff, but the game as a whole has some issues.
I don't disagree with anything you say, though I should mention I haven't played the game enough to encounter most of the situations you've mentioned. I did notice a few bugs though myself, and of course the game often feels clunky. I realize my opinion is subjective, but there's just something about the essence of this game that I find remarkable and unique, something no other game did before. It's certainly imperfect and I think the critique you provided is sound, but I still love it despite all its flaws. It's a vain hope to see this kind of game become more of a thing in the future but I for one would be very glad if more stuff like this came out, hopefully more polished and perfected.

Reactions: desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I don't disagree with anything you say, though I should mention I haven't played the game enough to encounter most of the situations you've mentioned. I did notice a few bugs though myself, and of course the game often feels clunky. I realize my opinion is subjective, but there's just something about the essence of this game that I find remarkable and unique, something no other game did before. It's certainly imperfect and I think the critique you provided is sound, but I still love it despite all its flaws. It's a vain hope to see this kind of game become more of a thing in the future but I for one would be very glad if more stuff like this came out, hopefully more polished and perfected.
You might want to try Venus Blood Frontier. It's not NTR though. Your mileage may vary, but I found that game to be my ideal strategy eroge.

Reactions: The NTRtainer

Panther H

Jan 1, 2019
While I assume it's just a technical limitation or something, it's just really weird that only one unit at a time can have combat. No one in their right mind would send in artillery without any other unit defending it.

Well, whatever, Beatrice with wizards is pretty op.

Mar 26, 2020
Any way of playing this on Android? I bought the "kirikiroid2" app but it won't work the starting screen launches and then an error pops up :c...
Do you guys know any alternatives?

scavenge

Oct 24, 2017
It's really impressive how the game designer managed to make a combat system that makes so little sense it ruins the rest of the content. I'm several hours into the what I assume is the intro story and jesus christ this is one of the most infuriating nonsensical games i've ever played.

Erika8

Dec 18, 2017
Is there a mod to get superior difficulty ?
The game is too easy at some point, like someone else say above, you have to deliberately sabotage your war effort to get the scenes.

Dromedari

Jan 10, 2018
Good mechanics but a shitty story. You can't have a guy who's basically Napoleon and wait for him to serve an idiot.

The story would have been better if the king was a cunning monarch. A political beast that wants the best for his people and faces a terrible threat. A much grayer character. Someone superior to the protagonist, not a brainless scum.

I do not understand why the protagonist is loyal to him when he has no reason for it and knows clearly that the king has nothing to do if he decides to take power for himself. The only correct choice is to take the protagonist's sister as a concubine and offer him his own sister as a wife in exchange, and even that decision is stupid if you allow the protagonist to take his sister away. Simply in history there is not a general or nobleman who, holding all military power, consents to be humiliated over and over again by someone clearly inferior.

It is also extremely rare that in a world where men can have several concubines and wives, the protagonist who is the highest general of all armies can only have one.

The last arc does not directly add anything to the game. It's stupid and hasty. You simply can't make a final boss if you don't have any connection to it.

In short, it is a game that would be much better if someone had paid much more attention in the story. Think of a commander who serves Saladin, someone who is associated as a pious, cunning, and chivalrous person, but who makes the girl he loved since childhood enter his haren. The story would be much better. Or someone who serves Genghis Khan, the best strategist of your people and the only one capable of leading your nation to glory, but that same great man takes your little sister for his harem.

Plus the NTR is extremely weak if the only thing the king has to offer is his cock. Being the majority of the girls of the high nobility, it would be good to pay more attention to the high education of the king or the charismatic personality of him.

I guess for more elaborate political plots we will always have the incest simulator (CK2 / CK3).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Klab040855

MrHodor

Dec 1, 2019
Hi, can anyone tell me until what point of every heroine's love route can I pursue before I get locked into their respective route?
(ex. If I'm in the Leane route, until what love event can I see before I get locked into her route and essentially get locked out of other heroine's love route). Because I want to see all the endings and their events and want to have a save that I can load to after getting one ending without starting over again.

nojszu

Aug 3, 2017
Hi, can anyone tell me until what point of every heroine's love route can I pursue before I get locked into their respective route?
(ex. If I'm in the Leane route, until what love event can I see before I get locked into her route and essentially get locked out of other heroine's love route). Because I want to see all the endings and their events and want to have a save that I can load to after getting one ending without starting over again.
Check Jap wiki (character pages):

You can also break free from locked route by letting the girl be NTR-d by Hippians.
Note that you still have to play all of the epilogue before you can reach each ending, and also you can't get the endings for other factions main heroines on Leane's route anyway, which is why IMHO it's better to use full save for unlocking most of other endings.

Oh and NTR-d versions of main heroines endings require the girls to sleep with king at least x times, which can happen only before she sleeps with MC.

MrHodor

Dec 1, 2019
Check Jap wiki (character pages):
Hi, I've read the wiki but I'm still confused. In Leane's character page for example, it says "If you look at all of ① to ⑤ in order, the line end is confirmed.". Does that mean that I can still pursue other character's love route the same time as Leane's as long as I don't look at the ⑤ event?

You can also break free from locked route by letting the girl be NTR-d by Hippians.
Note that you still have to play all of the epilogue before you can reach each ending, and also you can't get the endings for other factions main heroines on Leane's route anyway, which is why IMHO it's better to use full save for unlocking most of other endings.

Oh and NTR-d versions of main heroines endings require the girls to sleep with king at least x times, which can happen only before she sleeps with MC.
Sorry, I forgot to mention it but if possible, I would like to see all the good endings of each character without any of them getting NTR'd (a non-NTR route, as I can just see the replays for the NTR events).

nojszu

Aug 3, 2017
Hi, I've read the wiki but I'm still confused. In Leane's character page for example, it says "If you look at all of ① to ⑤ in order, the line end is confirmed.". Does that mean that I can still pursue other character's love route the same time as Leane's as long as I don't look at the ⑤ event?
Exactly that
Sorry, I forgot to mention it but if possible, I would like to see all the good endings of each character without any of them getting NTR'd (a non-NTR route, as I can just see the replays for the NTR events).
You can't get the endings for Beatrice, Cynthia or Muriel on Leane's route, you'd need 3 full playthroughs to actually see all endings. And you will still need to fight through the final chapter each time, which will stay the same for all endings.

MrHodor

Dec 1, 2019
Exactly that

You can't get the endings for Beatrice, Cynthia or Muriel on Leane's route, you'd need 3 full playthroughs to actually see all endings. And you will still need to fight through the final chapter each time, which will stay the same for all endings.
Ok. Makes sense as you don't hear much from other heroines/leaders if you don't choose their route. I'll just try to get all the endings I can get in one save then start over for the rest. Thanks very much.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 38 Votes