MilkyWay5

Oct 11, 2020
1 - Various generals have various troops that they can naturally hire. For example, MC can hire knight types and swordsman types, but can't hire pure mage types. So if you upgraded the magic building to get better mages, you won't be able to change MC's troops. It's the same for all commanders. All of them have certain units that they can hire and certain units that they can't. You can override this somewhat with certain items... but that still doesn't give you access to all troops on all commanders.

2 - Moving Prisoners depends on the prison level in the down that the prisoner it's in. So if you want to move the prisoner, you need to upgrade the prison. I don't remember to which level. But it was likely written somewhere in the in-game manual.

3 - Scouting sends the commander out for 30 days. During this time, they may find items or money. What they find depends on the location they're in. Additionally, they can increase/maintain morale via this action.

Spying on the other hand allows you to send a commander to an enemy location without directly attacking. Instead, you can attempt to steal money from the enemy, or sabotage the walls and facilities at the target location. You can also try to rescue prisoners if the enemy captured any of yours. Lastly, if the commander has the right skills, like Ignite or Bomb, they can do damage to the facilities AND any troops stationed there.

However, spying comes with a chance of the commander in question being captured. So be careful about that if you use anyone except a certain blue haired totally not thief. She can escape from prisons up to level 5 on her own if captured, after some time passes, but only if you don't pursue her affection events.

4 - Those buttons don't do anything until you reach a later chapter. When you do, they allow you to track the status of any female commanders that were captured by specific enemies.

5 - No, there's no proper way to obtain other commanders except for captures, story events and in some rare cases, scouting around some cities, though the list for those is pretty short.

6 - The long number is the in-game year.

Btw, the game in the OP does NOT have the latest translation patch. I recommend going to the patch on ulmf and grabbing it from there... but you'll need to make a new save, because the translation doesn't update in existing saves because of how wonky this particular VN engine is...
Thanks!

the patch from here and add it to the game folder right ?

Just start a new game, or do I need to uninstall and reinstall it?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks!

the patch from here and add it to the game folder right ?

Just start a new game, or do I need to uninstall and reinstall it?
That's the one, yes. Not sure why it's not pinned to the OP...

Also, once the patch is added, you just need to start a new game. No need to reinstall the whole thing or anything.

Reactions: MilkyWay5
Apr 19, 2022
Hi! So I just finished the prologue and I got to the point where you can freely move on the map. Because the game doesn't explain anything I have a lot of questions and I would appreciate if someone could answer without spoilers about the game. Or link me to a tutorial if such a thing exists.

1) upgrading armies

I tried building the military buildings, I unlocked silver-level troops, but when I try to equip them on characters that currently have bronze troops it doesn't work. Does it require that your characters reach a certain level before you can equip silver troops or how does that work?

2) prisoners

I managed to move prisoners once, I tried again later but the button is grey and doesn't work, what's the requirement to be able to move a prisoner? Or can you only move them once? Also some of them escaped at some point, how do you prevent that, what determines the chance of escape?

3) Scout/spy

What's the point of that? You can already see where the enemy armies are moving on the map

4) Bottom left buttons

View attachment 3241452

What is this supposed to do? It shows an error message in japanese when I click on it

5) Hiring characters?

No other way except defeating enemy characters and hiring them afterwards, is this correct?

6) numbers in the top

View attachment 3241467

on the right it's the day and the month I assume, but what's the number on the left?
Use slime generals

TttQwQ

May 25, 2021
Is there a Wiki or something for this game? I feel I´m missing something because this game is talked about so much and I am finding it very boring. Is there more game after defeating the Hippians? Do the pirates appear again? Do the different starting route change the plot in a significant way? Thanks in advance

An0nM4n

Dec 29, 2019
Is there a Wiki or something for this game? I feel I´m missing something because this game is talked about so much and I am finding it very boring. Is there more game after defeating the Hippians? Do the pirates appear again? Do the different starting route change the plot in a significant way? Thanks in advance
There is a wiki, but you need google translate. After beating the hippians, it should trigger a cutscene where you have to fight the demons. After beating them the game should end.

Pirates have events where they appear again kinda? they are one-off though so not really. Bullbear has 2 events though. Different starting route doesn't change the plot significantly, but there are differences, like how Aura is the only one of the 3 who don't recruit Hawk.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
For me the game falls off hard after you retake the capital. I rate this game highly just because I really liked the NTR payoff after you return to the capital after defending the border, and the king is nailing the mcs girls and former queen. But the gameplay to keep getting NTR after that is pretty lame, since I have to intentionally allow the king to take them.

Setcheck64

Jun 1, 2019
For me the game falls off hard after you retake the capital. I rate this game highly just because I really liked the NTR payoff after you return to the capital after defending the border, and the king is nailing the mcs girls and former queen. But the gameplay to keep getting NTR after that is pretty lame, since I have to intentionally allow the king to take them.
I actually enjoyed reconquering the entirety of the lands, but the weak point for me is how the Hippian brothers will only defend instead of actively attacking. In the Darker Than Black mod I did actually have to sacrifice two of the girls to the king to get their units replenished and because I couldn't afford him taking Beatrice when I got bumrushed in the early game. I did fine with Hestia and Aura, but man playing the Leane knights was unbearably hard. I never had money and I had to exploit Beatrice to even hold them back since they took Diamond capital and were just about breaking through the south fortress.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I can't understand how they did not make this, make no sense!
I mean, it does make sense if you think about it... Not everyone is into incest and the King's goal IS to have an absurd amount of heirs. Having kids with one's own sister tends to be problematic, and even in ye olden days, it was not something that was looked favorably on... even if some noble and/or royal families still did that sort of thing, it was pretty rare to involved siblings and more common to involve cousins.

More likely though, it just wasn't the dev's kink. After all, it should be noted that the MC also doesn't have a romance path with his sister, even though she's a total brocon.

Dodododo105

Nov 28, 2017
I can't understand how they did not make this, make no sense!
More likely though, it just wasn't the dev's kink. After all, it should be noted that the MC also doesn't have a romance path with his sister, even though she's a total brocon.
Yes. To add on to what Iexist said, the developer explicitly doesn't like incest and has said so a few times over the years. It's why both Leane 1 and Leane 2 play a bit into the "sexualized siscon" stuff but don't actually allow acting on it. In Leane 1, Muriel's character equivalent is a girl named Donna/Diana who the only way to enter her love route is to explicitly reject the framing of a sibling relationship as the MC's choice, and that was with the caveat that the two were never related. In Leane 2 they are related so the dev is straight up against it. That's why the king also can't get with his sister in Leane 2.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MonarchVolition
3.20 star(s) 38 Votes