Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
i hope the mc can have a harem this time and not locked to one character
Why would you go into an explicitely Ntr-game, hoping for focus on vanilla content?
It's like going into a mexican restaurant and hoping that they'd have the finest selection of burgers for sale.
I mean yeah, you *might* get lucky, and they have a single burger on the menu, but its' certainly not gonna be the focus.

brofalla

Jun 23, 2017
Yeah, I might adopt a policy of not fixing issues with the original interface TL. I should've been more attentive or made it from scratch. At least there are no large issues but there are specific action bugs that must've existed for so long now.

This issue is only with the lizardman negotiation. Specifically because he checks for an item in negotiation "Viking Helm" and in the interface TL there's a space in the object name during that script check, which breaks it.

I've fixed it and uploaded the fix to the translation patch mega folder. Not even updating the version number for this one. Heads up again for any readers that I don't have access to the pre-patched main download, so you'll have to download the updated TL and reapply it. Shouldn't break any saves tho.

Also to be fair, I'm guessing not many people ever tried to recruit the one lizardman until today.
Yeah your translation unleashed the masses.

GIT and version control were unknown to me at this point.
I learned how the code approximately worked as i made my way through the files.

I only used Notepad++ and its "Search in all files" & "Replace in all files", the rest was praying.

I remember that i started to use the underscore exclusively after some point for word translations, otherwise i would miss a word somewhere.
The problem came to find all already translated instances again.

Found out why i translated viking helm without underscore:
i translated item.tsv; there are 31 items and only Viking Helm (place 26) is used as a variable. i guess after 20 non var hits i assumed items do not get used as variables, only as plain text, and therefore dont need an underscore :sneaky:

The other big hurdle was the color coding.
This was literally pain.
Isolate all relevant single latin letters in a source code. GG :KEK:

All stringbuilders were translated and rearranged by hand, so that there where some duplicate symbols in some strings is not suprising. If you select with mouse and then Strg+X / Strg+C -> Strg+V (times 200), it is bound to mess something up.

I just threw the original japanese files in git and applied my old patch on top of it.
And started scrolling through the files.

Here are some lines which most likely should error:
(If you already fixed them, even better)
(first line original japanese with color code swapped; second line is the patch)

quest.ks

Code:
@notice text=&'"ζ" + game.curExplorer.name + "θがαε僧侶兵θ を雇えるようになりました!"'
@notice text=&'"ζ" + game.curExplorer.name + "αθcan now hireαεPriest θ!""'

battle.ks
Code:
[emb exp='game.active.name']隊は
[emb exp='game.active.name']'s squad

[r][emb exp='game.defObj.name']の[emb exp='tf.temp']
[r][emb exp='game.defObj.name']'s [emb exp='tf.temp']
Does " 's " for genitiv even work at all ?
It seems " ' " is used as indicator for the parser to find expressions.

There are quiet a few more of this in this file.

Thanks @Ruyne,
i have an absolute blast scrolling through my old code, and reviewing it now from the perspective of an actual experienced software developer. :giggle:
(And actually understanding what the code as a whole does)

Last edited:

Revenant6537

Aug 2, 2021
I hope the MC got the dick to match the rapes In this one, the Heroine H stats in the 2nd game clearly showed the MC barely got anyone to orgasm.

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
Dang, the prologue contains unavoidable NTR scenes...
The scenes kind hot though, but the prologue is way too long.

Ruyne

Sep 20, 2017
Yeah your translation unleashed the masses.

GIT and version control were unknown to me at this point.
I learned how the code approximately worked as i made my way through the files.
Thanks, and I don't mean anything by it. It's on me for not testing it enough too - after 200hrs of translating, playing through every single game state/action was not realllly appealing. That's in part why this probably wasn't translated. It's much easier to work with conventional VN where all you have to do is hold down control to speed through the text/choices to test it. Likewise for making it.

Someone did catch the ones you mentioned and they were patched yesterday. I think using ' on it's own in a line is fine, like in the 's squad received damage. I don't think anywhere's offering Kirkiri classes, but from the usage in scripts it seems like ' can also denote some function so it can't be freely used inline with other characters in certain situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: brofalla

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
1717501787936.png i followed the instructions to the letter for the patch and now i can't even open the game it's in the main folder unless it was supposed to be in patch folder..

Ruyne

Sep 20, 2017
i followed the instructions to the letter for the patch and now i can't even open the game it's in the main folder unless it was supposed to be in patch folder..
From the garbled text it looks like you're not in japanese locale. And those scenes are ending only/in dialogue but not drawn.

brofalla

Jun 23, 2017
Thanks, and I don't mean anything by it. It's on me for not testing it enough too - after 200hrs of translating, playing through every single game state/action was not realllly appealing. That's in part why this probably wasn't translated. It's much easier to work with conventional VN where all you have to do is hold down control to speed through the text/choices to test it. Likewise for making it.

Someone did catch the ones you mentioned and they were patched yesterday. I think using ' on it's own in a line is fine, like in the 's squad received damage. I don't think anywhere's offering Kirkiri classes, but from the usage in scripts it seems like ' can also denote some function so it can't be freely used inline with other characters in certain situations.
No problem. I understand you completely. :)

This way something i did because it was interesting for me at that time and the other ui patches sucked hard.
After i finished it, i thought it would be a waste to just let it rot on my harddrive, might as well throw it online, maybe someone is interested in it.
And here we are. :cool:

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Im very curious about this new game that the same dev has been working on for a while now. The adventure dungeon one. Anybody knows how far along that one is?

Reactions: Yotsuyu
3.60 star(s) 7 Votes