MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The bonus scenes are not 'cut-outs' from the story. They are meant to display how the other characters react to different things you do (the action that is opening the bonus scenes), indeed making them a part of the story. Lexi's insecurities are towards (handling) the MC as a potential LI, and not the world otherwise.

The bonus scenes made more sense earlier on the story, where as in chapter 1-3 you rarely see content other than mc/mc's eyes, though moving forward - and because the story cast is growing - I will move slightly towards a 'movie perspective', where you sometimes get to see what the others are doing without it being a bonus scene.

I will still keep the bonus-scenes though, as I think it's a nice way of showing a bit more of who they are, without it using screen-time in the story itself.
When this game is finally completed (or sooner) I’d suggest integrating the bonus scenes into the game. As someone who normally doesn’t look at the bonus content I didn’t know about the scenes until someone mentioned them. Most bonus scenes are just lewd content or other non-canon items that I don’t bother with since they aren’t part of the story. Maybe I’m alone in that but I doubt it.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
When this game is finally completed (or sooner) I’d suggest integrating the bonus scenes into the game. As someone who normally doesn’t look at the bonus content I didn’t know about the scenes until someone mentioned them. Most bonus scenes are just lewd content or other non-canon items that I don’t bother with since they aren’t part of the story. Maybe I’m alone in that but I doubt it.
Nope. You're def not alone in that. I didn't even know about 'Holly' until someone mentioned her. Anyway, I hope they get integrated sooner than later.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Nope. You're def not alone in that. I didn't even know about 'Holly' until someone mentioned her. Anyway, I hope they get integrated sooner than later.
And without the bonus-scenes nobody would have known. :)

Bonus scenes is something I'm doing while the script is off to proof-reading and testing in the days before the release, where I can have a bit of fun with a character without having to think about any variables, phone stuff, branching etc. It's not scripted beforehand, and something I come up with on the spot. Leaving it out will in all likelyhood mean excluding it completely. But as you say, when LoF is finished, it might be an idea to incorporate it into the story itself.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018

Bonus scenes is something I'm doing while the script is off to proof-reading and testing in the days before the release, where I can have a bit of fun with a character without having to think about any variables, phone stuff, branching etc. It's not scripted beforehand, and something I come up with on the spot. Leaving it out will in all likelyhood mean excluding it completely. But as you say, when LoF is finished, it might be an idea to incorporate it into the story itself.
I think 2 out of the 3 bonus scenes are fine just being "bonus scenes" but the lexi scene is different as we get a lot more info about how/why/what she feels for james and it feels kinda off putting that it's not included into the main story. We don't know much about lexi as it is but i feel like at a bare minimum you should integrate that lexi scene into chapter 3 somehow as its a pretty big look into lexi's thoughts on james. It would be a damn shame if say half your fans never even got to experience that scene due to it being just a "bonus scene".

Now don't get me wrong, i get what your trying to do but you also gotta look at it from the fans perspective, there are some people including myself who missed out on those scenes due to them being hidden in the "bonus scene" section and i just think that the lexi scene provides too much info to be "optional" and i mean optional as in people won't see it if they are just playing the "main game".

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Maybe have an in game notice or link that would let players know about a relevant bonus scene? Perhaps placed in the game at the time it takes place?

I think 2 out of the 3 bonus scenes are fine just being "bonus scenes" but the lexi scene is different as we get a lot more info about how/why/what she feels for james and it feels kinda off putting that it's not included into the main story. We don't know much about lexi as it is but i feel like at a bare minimum you should integrate that lexi scene into chapter 3 somehow as its a pretty big look into lexi's thoughts on james. It would be a damn shame if say half your fans never even got to experience that scene due to it being just a "bonus scene".

Now don't get me wrong, i get what your trying to do but you also gotta look at it from the fans perspective, there are some people including myself who missed out on those scenes due to them being hidden in the "bonus scene" section and i just think that the lexi scene provides too much info to be "optional" and i mean optional as in people won't see it if they are just playing the "main game".
I don't want to discourage Drifty from doing Bonus Scenes as they are great but I think there needs to be more awareness drawn to them. I don't know that calling them Bonus Scenes makes sense, can't think of a better name right now but something that better indicates their importance would be great. And yeah, at the end, when this game is all wrapped up with a bow on it the integration of them into the game would be a logical step I think.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Maybe have an in game notice or link that would let players know about a relevant bonus scene? Perhaps placed in the game at the time it takes place?

I don't want to discourage Drifty from doing Bonus Scenes as they are great but I think there needs to be more awareness drawn to them. I don't know that calling them Bonus Scenes makes sense, can't think of a better name right now but something that better indicates their importance would be great. And yeah, at the end, when this game is all wrapped up with a bow on it the integration of them into the game would be a logical step I think.
Side scenes? Extra scenes?

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah. Because in my mind, 'Bonus Content' is more along the lines of what MrFriendly said. Non-canon content.
Agreed, that is usually what that kind of content consists of.
Yeah, I want to say something like "Story Moments" or "Extra Story". Not sure what would convince players to go look at it. In the end adding them as interstitial scenes at the end of chapters would make sense.

Reactions: KristopheH

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Yeah, I want to say something like "Story Moments" or "Extra Story". Not sure what would convince players to go look at it. In the end adding them as interstitial scenes at the end of chapters would make sense.
'Behind the scenes'? I don't know. I feel it would just make more sense to be added in at the appropriate moments. Maybe add a choice to see the content during a transition to the next MC moment. But, a smooth flow into it from the MC interaction with the character to the next MC scene.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
'Behind the scenes'? I don't know. I feel it would just make more sense to be added in at the appropriate moments. Maybe add a choice to see the content during a transition to the next MC moment. But, a smooth flow into it from the MC interaction with the character to the next MC scene.
'Behind the scenes' seems more like Drifty showing us how he created something more than additional content. I was thinking that if they were links on the summary pages then it would still be up to the player to initiate and it wouldn't require as much work to integrate (hopefully)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
'Behind the scenes' seems more like Drifty showing us how he created something more than additional content. I was thinking that if they were links on the summary pages then it would still be up to the player to initiate and it wouldn't require as much work to integrate (hopefully)
Been thinking about this tonight, perhaps the best would be to when you get to a certain scene there is a small pop up in game saying extra content unlocked. As you say, just have that content accessible from the main page. It's out of the way...no need to integrate it...but the player is told extra story content regarding your current section of the game is open?

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Lexi's bonus scene is important, as without it, it seems strange that that she would invite MC to her place for the weekend and also let him bring all his friends.
We need to start finding out more about the girls, because apart from a certain character, we know very little about them.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Lexi's bonus scene is important, as without it, it seems strange that that she would invite MC to her place for the weekend and also let him bring all his friends.
We need to start finding out more about the girls, because apart from a certain character, we know very little about them.
Yet Steph is evil for her secrets hehe. I can't wait till the rest start showing their colours to see if people here change their tunes over some characters. Only character I can't see having a dodgy past is Lexi. So on that point, I'm still confused as to why Lexi would suddenly invite us for a break away at her place when she literally knows nothing about us either.

Strange strange strange...dark shenanigans are afoot I tell ya.

Reactions: Blayo

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Yet Steph is evil for her secrets hehe. I can't wait till the rest start showing their colours to see if people here change their tunes over some characters. Only character I can't see having a dodgy past is Lexi. So on that point, I'm still confused as to why Lexi would suddenly invite us for a break away at her place when she literally knows nothing about us either.

I think Lexi is one of those 'on impulse' type girls. In a week, she'll forget the MC existed. Probably. Maybe.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, I think, considering that we don't know much about anyone the bonus scenes are more important than normal bonus scenes.

Agreed, I really want to know more about the other characters. The fact that the "party at Lexi's" will be at least 2 updates is frustrating.

Steph isn't evil, she keeps secrets from the person she supposedly loves the most and then disappears. She is the past and needs to stay there.

As for the others, I doubt that any of them will have stories that will cause the MC as much pain as Steph inflicted upon him. Too much history with Steph for anyone else to compare. Drifty has said that Steph will go through hell, but he hasn't said if anyone else will..

I think Lexi is one of those 'on impulse' type girls. In a week, she'll forget the MC existed. Probably. Maybe.
That's how I see her. I hope that she stays that way instead of her becoming this deep, intense, emotionally scarred person. We have that character in Cece. There's nothing wrong with someone who likes to party and have a fling/fuck buddy. All of these women shouldn't have sudden "connections" with the MC just because they met him and talked for a bit.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
As for the others, I doubt that any of them will have stories that will cause the MC as much pain as Steph inflicted upon him. Too much history with Steph for anyone else to compare. Drifty has said that Steph will go through hell, but he hasn't said if anyone else will..
I don't like Steph at all so don't get me wrong but i disagree with Steph being the worst drama wise. Pretty sure Cece is going to be the Bella of this game and when her drama starts its going to get ugly.

Personally my favorite girl right now is Kira and it's not even because of her looks, hell i consider her to be one of the worst looking girls in the game but every time i replay the game the scene between her and James at the bench just clicks with me on so many levels and it's probably my favorite scene in the entire game.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
That's how I see her. I hope that she stays that way instead of her becoming this deep, intense, emotionally scarred person. We have that character in Cece. There's nothing wrong with someone who likes to party and have a fling/fuck buddy. All of these women shouldn't have sudden "connections" with the MC just because they met him and talked for a bit.
Completely in agreement there. But, she is a full LI and there will be a complete romance package with her.

But, I've already made my choice of who I want in the game. We just need more interaction with her. Need to find out about the 'Matt situation'.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I don't like Steph at all so don't get me wrong but i disagree with Steph being the worst drama wise. Pretty sure Cece is going to be the Bella of this game and when her drama starts its going to get ugly.
I'm just going by what Drifty has said. Steph is supposed to "go through hell" or something to that effect. Cece's definitely got drama coming, honestly I think everyone does unfortunately. But I don't think it will be as bad as Steph's.

Personally my favorite girl right now is Kira and it's not even because of her looks, hell i consider her to be one of the worst looking girls in the game but every time i replay the game the scene between her and James at the bench just clicks with me on so many levels and it's probably my favorite scene in the entire game.
I like Kira's look and personality. Not into the sharing/threesome thing (okay, that's a lie - I like that but not what is going to happen). Feel like that is a bunch of hurt feelings waiting to happen and I don't want to get in the middle of that.

Completely in agreement there. But, she is a full LI and there will be a complete romance package with her.
Yeah, I just hope that she's less of a dramatic/traumatic mess than some of the others. I mean, if everyone is seriously broken then maybe it would be best to all get group therapy... LOL

But, I've already made my choice of who I want in the game. We just need more interaction with her. Need to find out about the 'Matt situation'.
Yeah, I really want a late night of drinking and conversation with Linda. Connecting again and talking about why she and Cece thought it would be better to live on the street than return home together.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes