Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
A lot of people hate Steph because of how they would feel in that situation. And that's a perfectly valid way to feel and to play the game.

But the entire premise of the MC's situation is that he's been mopping around pining for Steph throughout her absence, only to shake out of his fog literally no more than a few days before she reappears. The length of her absence is basically irrelevant, because the premise IS, Steph has been constantly on MC's mind, and that's just the way the MC is wired. If one takes that premise to heart for full game immersion, it's basically impossible to just brush Steph off and walk away. And I think that's what Drifty had in mind.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
A lot of people hate Steph because of how they would feel in that situation. And that's a perfectly valid way to feel and to play the game.

But the entire premise of the MC's situation is that he's been mopping around pining for Steph throughout her absence, only to shake out of his fog literally no more than a few days before she reappears. The length of her absence is basically irrelevant, because the premise IS, Steph has been constantly on MC's mind, and that's just the way the MC is wired. If one takes that premise to heart for full game immersion, it's basically impossible to just brush Steph off and walk away. And I think that's what Drifty had in mind.
Very well said and actually accurate and correct.

You'll be burned alive at the stake for saying it..but meh hahahaahaha.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Finally, I realized that Stephs reason is a part of the story that is Leap of Faith, and decided I wasn't going to aim for realism or strive to give you all a reason to forgive her. You do or you don't, and in the end I/the story am completely fine with either, and I re-did the whole scene over again to match my vision of it.
I will listen to Steph's explanation and most probably even forgive her (maybe not for her, but so the MC can heal and finally move on).
I just hope that her story is believable enough, and does not contradict what we have already seen and heard and what was in her note. It was bad enough that she kept information from us, but it will be worse if we also find out she has also told us things that are not true.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I will listen to Steph's explanation and most probably even forgive her (maybe not for her, but so the MC can heal and finally move on).
I just hope that her story is believable enough, and does not contradict what we have already seen and heard and what was in her note. It was bad enough that she kept information from us, but it will be worse if we also find out she has also told us things that are not true.
Yeah the whole “Melvin, my husband, will kill you if he finds you here”...

As I said in my response to Drifty I want it to make sense within the game. I will most likely start an entirely new canon play through when her explanation update comes out.

The last thing I want is to be rolling my eyes because she gives an explanation that goes against what we know or suddenly reveals that the MC was somehow at fault, etc

Reactions: ShadowThrone

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Obviously you are in that first group of people I had mentioned, and ignoring the premise of the game.
When given options there is no premise.

If that were the case then there would be no point introducing any other love interest and this would be akinetic novel about how the MC and Steph reconnect.

Since that isn't the case the premise is whatever the person picking an option decides it is.

It would also be ignoring the fact that they can't get back together, she's married.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
When given options there is no premise.

If that were the case then there would be no point introducing any other love interest and this would be akinetic novel about how the MC and Steph reconnect.

Since that isn't the case the premise is whatever the person picking an option decides it is.

It would also be ignoring the fact that they can't get back together, she's married.
I'm sorry but we have to agree to disagree here. Having options in the game and having a premise of the situation at the start of the game is not logically mutually exclusive. In fact it never is.

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

NoI'mDirtyDan

Oct 14, 2017
Obviously you are in that first group of people I had mentioned, and ignoring the premise of the game.
It's either not the premise of the game or it was never that important enough, considering Drifty gives you the option to walk away and do it again. If you wanna go for "full game immersion" go ahead, but don't tell people who take the in game choice of walking away from Steph that they're ignoring the premise.

NoI'mDirtyDan

Oct 14, 2017
They haven't ended things.

He comes home and she makes you jump out of the window so he doesn't see you together.

She's still very much married.
In the social media app (can't remember) they say they ended things. He said something about it was great working with you and I wish you the best on her post about moving on. That's one of the reasons for the whole spy Steph theory.

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm sorry but we have to agree to disagree here. Having options in the game and having a premise of the situation at the start of the game is not logically mutually exclusive. In fact it never is.
So what in the holiest of flying squirrels nut sack are you debating here?

I said we have the choice on how we act with regards to Steph and you just confirmed that so what was your point?

A premise is a statement that is considered true that all other actions are then based upon. In your post you set the premise of the MC moping about pining for Steph and then getting that chance. Therefore the actions based upon that premise can only lead to one conclusion.

So either we have options or we don't.

If the whole premise is for the MC to forgive Steph then what is the point of the rest of the game and what is the point of giving player options?

In the social media app (can't remember) they say they ended things. He said something about it was great working with you and I wish you the best on her post about moving on. That's one of the reasons for the whole spy Steph theory.
Considering he's probably a criminal who Steph is very scared of I highly doubt he's going to give her a hearty wave goodbye.

She also wouldn't make the guy she's supposedly still in love with jump out of a window that could have seriously hurt him over a fake marriage.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

NoI'mDirtyDan

Oct 14, 2017
Considering he's probably a criminal who Steph is very scared of I highly doubt he's going to give her a hearty wave goodbye.

She also wouldn't make the guy she's supposedly still in love with jump out of a window that could have seriously hurt him over a fake marriage.
Well that's what he said, so idk, she's apparently willing to talk about it based on next update.

Reactions: B-52reloaded

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
If the whole premise is for the MC to forgive Steph then what is the point of the rest of the game and what is the point of giving player options?
Ok now you are twisting what I wrote.

What I wrote, and I'll highlight the important part:

Many people here are saying they don't even want to talk to her. What I'm saying is given the premise, the MC should want to talk to her to find out why she left. But listening to her side of the story does not mean at all that the MC must forgive her. He could listen and take her back, or say "I forgive you, but it's too late, see you later" or even give her the middle finger and not forgive her at all.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ok now you are twisting what I wrote.

What I wrote, and I'll highlight the important part:

Many people here are saying they don't even want to talk to her. What I'm saying is given the premise, the MC should want to talk to her to find out why she left. But listening to her side of the story does not mean at all that the MC must forgive her. He could listen and take her back, or say "I forgive you, but it's too late, see you later" or even give her the middle finger and not forgive her at all.
That's what we all said.

We said we'd hear her out but we aren't forgiving her then you started telling us that wasn't the premise of the game.

Now you tell me it is.

Sweetheart, work with me here.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
That's what we all said.

We said we'd hear her out but we aren't forgiving her then you started telling us that wasn't the premise of the game.

Now you tell me it is.

Sweetheart, work with me here.
No, that's not what we "all" said. A consistently large portion of people (possibly the majority here) have said they'd just cut Steph off and wouldn't even bother talking with her at all. Those are the ones I was referring to. YOU work with me. I generally like what you say across the forum but this time YOU have misinterpreted my words, and compound that by assuming you speak for "all" when your position actually agree with mine and we are probably in the minority. So don't get sassy with me, "sweetheart". :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes