Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Hey, i got no skin in this game, i'm just here for the show. (y)
*Gets more popcorn*
Like I said earlier, I generally like what she says around here. But the "she can dish it out but don't you dare give it back" attitude can get annoying. And I'm only using the exact word she used on me. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
When given options there is no premise.

If that were the case then there would be no point introducing any other love interest and this would be akinetic novel about how the MC and Steph reconnect.

Since that isn't the case the premise is whatever the person picking an option decides it is.

It would also be ignoring the fact that they can't get back together, she's married.
1. The whole start of the game revolves around his love, his loss, his mourning, him not being able to move on. So, no, you're incorrect.
2. When has being married to someone else ever stopped people being together or not? lol.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Exhibit A. I'll highlight the relevant part.

I'm done with this. Bye sweetheart.
Riiiiiight.

Your post, and I quote, "she can dish it out but don't you dare give it back" when what you really mean is I should be silent and let someone talk shit to me.

If someone is dogshit at banter then that isn't dishing it out, is it?

That's someone attempting to insult for the sheer sake of it.

So what is the point you have made there ... besides none?

At least you've shown you know how to highlight and repeat what other people have said. The problem with talking about dishing it out and not taking it is you then need to follow through.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Let me get this straight. Steph was love of your life. She left you. Then come back 2 years later and married some dude. You fuck her and after his husband came, you had to jump out the window. Then bitch proceeded to fuck her husband... And she claims she does this because of you. What the hell... What can be a reason for this. She literally left him and married some dude and it seems they have a really active sex life as well. I didn't reject her outright or end everything just to see the reasoning of her betrayal but I'm so gonna not forgive her where tons of other sweet girls in the game

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Let me get this straight. Steph was love of your life. She left you. Then come back 2 years later and married some dude. You fuck her and after his husband came, you had to jump out the window. Then bitch proceeded to fuck her husband... And she claims she does this because of you. What the hell... What can be a reason for this. She literally left him and married some dude and it seems they have a really active sex life as well. I didn't reject her outright or end everything just to see the reasoning of her betrayal but I'm so gonna not forgive her where tons of other sweet girls in the game
I believe the dev is actually changing that per a post somewhere in the thread (or it was already changed) so the new canon is that she didn't fuck Melvin when he came home. I know we all experienced that version but we need to try and wipe our "brain slate" clean and go with the new version.

Personally I find getting shit faced to be the best guarantee for not remembering things, though I don't think it will work in this instance. Guess I need to experiment.

giphy (2).gif

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
I believe the dev is actually changing that per a post somewhere in the thread (or it was already changed) so the new canon is that she didn't fuck Melvin when he came home. I know we all experienced that version but we need to try and wipe our "brain slate" clean and go with the new version.

Personally I find getting shit faced to be the best guarantee for not remembering things, though I don't think it will work in this instance. Guess I need to experiment.

View attachment 820631

But I just played the latest one in the OP today. She still fucks her husband ( Melvin I think) . She said ' I want yo honey' Her husbands says 'you are naked' then she says something like let's make you naked as well which means they fuck. Are you sure he changed it?. Also it's a little bit of text NTR if you ask me. Steph is a love interest and you hear her getting ready to get fucked by Melvin

Last edited:

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
But I just played the latest one in the OP today. She still fucks her husband. Her husbands says 'you are naked' then she says something like let's make you naked as well which means they fuck. Are you sure he changed it?
It should be changed when the first part of chapter 4 comes out. Drifty posted about it somewhere in this thread.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
But I just played the latest one in the OP today. She still fucks her husband ( Melvin I think) . Her husbands says 'you are naked' then she says something like let's make you naked as well which means they fuck. Are you sure he changed it?. Also it's a little bit of text NTR if you ask me. Steph is a love interest and you hear her getting ready to get fucked by Melvin

The dialogue will be changed in the next release.

Giving you a little heads up here.

There's two dialogue changes from chapter 1 in the upcoming chapter 4.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Yeah I wish the dev released it just like this in the first place. It's less painfull. That text kinda sealed my decision to not forgive Steph. I don't know if I can unseen it somehow
The writer can alter the story as he wishes, because her path wasn't done or worked on really before now. All we know is her vague letter and that she loved the MC a lot. Gotta take the writing with such open viewing platforms with a grain of salt. Canon is set by the writer, not the reader. Although I do get you, but I also know that you need to keep an open mind.
It's about hammering the kinks out and softening the rough edges. :)

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
The writer can alter the story as he wishes, because her path wasn't done or worked on really before now. All we know is her vague letter and that she loved the MC a lot. Gotta take the writing with such open viewing platforms with a grain of salt. Canon is set by the writer, not the reader. Although I do get you, but I also know that you need to keep an open mind.
It's about hammering the kinks out and softening the rough edges. :)

I mean it seems the dialogue was there for a really long time. It's in chapter 1. He should've change it way sooner imo not at chapter 4. With that dialogue Steph is literally jumping dick to dick in matter of seconds. I really understand the hate of Steph but it's entirely the Dev's fault not people who hates her. I mean if you wrote that kind of dialogue at kept it heck of a long time without chaning it, you shouldn't suprise why people hate her and doesn't even want to listen to her. I really don't know why DriftyGames wrote that scene if he doesn't want us to hate Steph's gut and acknowledge her as a slut. She is jumping dick to dick then then we read a letter about how she loves the MC. Yeah totally logical. Top notch story right there

I mean don't get me wrong I like the story of other girls, renders are amazing and I really like that design of Steph too. I would've even pursue the Steph but that dialogue was just too much and at this stage of the game, I don't know how can I 360 on her despite the change of the dialogue all the way in chapter 1. I'm dissapointed too much because I wanted MC to end up with Steph but that scene kinda ruined everything for me

Last edited:

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
I mean it seems the dialogue was there for a really long time. It's in chapter 1. He should've change it way sooner imo not at chapter 4. With that dialogue Steph is literally jumping dick to dick in matter of seconds. I really understand the hate of Steph but it's entirely the Dev's fault not people who hates her. I mean if you wrote that kind of dialogue at kept it heck of a long time without chaning it, you shouldn't suprise why people hate her and doesn't even want to listen to her. I really don't know why DriftyGames wrote that scene if he doesn't want us to hate Steph's gut and acknowledge her as a bitch. Jumping dick to dick and send a letter about how he loves MC. Yeah totally logical. Top notch story right there
We do agree there. This could've been well planned out to begin with. Excuses can be many. When you write a main plot, you make sure all the supporting subplots are arranged to carry the main plot to the finish line. That's how it is when you write a novel, a book or a short story if you sneak a subplot or two in there. However, the medium here is a WIP. We've been released the first few chapters of a game that branches off early into various directions. Could this have been done better? Most definitely it could have. Could he have done it earlier? Well yes of course he could. Why didn't he do it earlier? Better late than never I say :p. Plus I ain't paying until the product is done, so whatever revision he needs to do, he should just go ahead. I don't tie much into WIP pieces. I know there is a lot of legroom to play with and this freedom is what the dev needs. I'm guessing he is learning by doing and we can only help him with getting better by sharing our constructive criticism.
Here's mine.
Hey DriftyGames. For the sake of camaraderie and professionalism, please let someone go through your story/plot and brain storm a bit with :). I'm up for it, and even for free. Unless you prefer people with a price tag because that denotes some kind of professional title and self-worth, I can slap one on for you. At any rate, I'm available to help if you so want. Have a good one!

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
It's not the first time the Dev changed a scene with Steph to reduce the hate she got from the players. If I'm completley honest I think that the letter was also only put in the game because of the extreme hate Steph got, but in defense for him I must also say that he is not the only one who had that problem with the reaction from players for scertain characters in their games, only a few days ago i played 2 other games that got backlash for the way the devs set up the love interests in their games so it can happen to anyone.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It's not the first time the Dev changed a scene with Steph to reduce the hate she got from the players. If I'm completley honest I think that the letter was also only put in the game because of the extreme hate Steph got, but in defense for him I must also say that he is not the only one who had that problem with the reaction from players for scertain characters in their games, only a few days ago i played 2 other games that got backlash for the way the devs set up the love interests in their games so it can happen to anyone.
Drifty has never been shy about letting us know that we are playing the beta of the game (doesn’t mean those of us on F95 are beta testers, that honor probably goes to his friends/family and patrons) and that things would change as we continued through the game.

In other words This is not the finished project and it is subject to change.

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Drifty has never been shy about letting us know that we are playing the beta of the game (doesn’t mean those of us on F95 are beta testers, that honor probably goes to his friends/family and patrons) and that things would change as we continued through the game.

In other words This is not the finished project and it is subject to change.
What you said.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I can concur with this. I recently played one game where in the second season one of the main LI's was ripped from the game after being in a relationship choice that caused you to miss being with a different girl. At least with LoF we have not had to start a fresh game to fix the relationship path pretty much from the start... There was no warning this could happen in the other game and this relationship involved pregnancy and you actually buy her a ring before you met then get dumped and she is gone fom the game... So lets give Drifty applause for only having a little issue fixing some wording and not a issue with knocking her up then pulling her from the game...

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I can concur with this. I recently played one game where in the second season one of the main LI's was ripped from the game after being in a relationship choice that caused you to miss being with a different girl. At least with LoF we have not had to start a fresh game to fix the relationship path pretty much from the start... There was no warning this could happen in the other game and this relationship involved pregnancy and you actually buy her a ring before you met then get dumped and she is gone fom the game... So lets give Drifty applause for only having a little issue fixing some wording and not a issue with knocking her up then pulling her from the game...
Yeah, I stopped playing that game...

As long as no drastic changes come along I’m fine. I know some people may see this as a drastic change but as long as James doesn’t start romancing Melvin I’m fine.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes