SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Yeah, I stopped playing that game...

As long as no drastic changes come along I’m fine. I know some people may see this as a drastic change but as long as James doesn’t start romancing Melvin I’m fine.
True atm this is a minor change to some text. No I do not really care to much about Steph but I would like to see where the story goes and maybe when the truth comes out things could change. It is not like the other game where players actually loved the LI character and built on that. With Steph I see a possible reconciliation if he build the story where her leaving is justified.

Reactions: MrFriendly

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
I wrote LoF last summer. It was ment to be released for the app store, but I found phones to be too limited for the visual elements I wanted to use.

The only thing that's been changed is that I added a route for those who aren't particularly interrested in bringin her along for the rest of the story. This was done due to your passionate discussions for the game, which I really enjoyed. Nothing from that route has been shown to you yet.

The two dialogue lines that was changed has nothing to do with plot story changes, but due to the following reason:

1. I have got a lot of DM's with concerns from people that had gone through similar things in real life, making LoF unpleasent for them to read. There was no reason for me to keep them in there, when all they did was point you in a false direction.
2. Giving you slightly less to chew on when it comes to her explaining things later on.

The letter has been in the script the whole time. Though, I removed the shirt on the coathanger by mistake on some of the renders in chapter 1 to save memory for my then crappy gpu and forgot to bring it back when it should have been visually in the scene. :)

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
no need to worry im interested in how you build the story out. i have a kinda close story about a X that went awol except she showed up 20 years later after the truth came out that her now x husband lied to her about me causing her to break up with me after a relationship that started in 5th grade and went till i was in college. so yea steph is kinda like that except mine was lied to and shut me out cause of it.

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
I can concur with this. I recently played one game where in the second season one of the main LI's was ripped from the game after being in a relationship choice that caused you to miss being with a different girl. At least with LoF we have not had to start a fresh game to fix the relationship path pretty much from the start... There was no warning this could happen in the other game and this relationship involved pregnancy and you actually buy her a ring before you met then get dumped and she is gone fom the game... So lets give Drifty applause for only having a little issue fixing some wording and not a issue with knocking her up then pulling her from the game...
Could you tell which game you are referring to? Thx!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Could you tell which game you are referring to? Thx!
Thirsty For My Guest. But it's doubtful that this LI will remain gone as there's definitely something going on that has caused her to end things and we'll find out what it is eventually. Chances are it's the pregnancy and she thinks the MC will reject her because of it so she just ended it herself to spare herself from being dumped by him even though he wouldn't do that.

Reactions: B-52reloaded

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Thirsty For My Guest. But it's doubtful that this LI will remain gone as there's definitely something going on that has caused her to end things and we'll find out what it is eventually. Chances are it's the pregnancy and she thinks the MC will reject her because of it so she just ended it herself to spare herself from being dumped by him even though he wouldn't do that.
No, she is gone. The dev has come out and specifically said she is being written out of the game and update 13 will be her last appearance ever. It's why I am not playing the game anymore.

I am sure Drifty would never do that, he has a story already written that only receives a tweak here and there.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
No, she is gone. The dev has come out and specifically said she is being written out of the game and update 13 will be her last appearance ever. It's why I am not playing the game anymore.

I am sure Drifty would never do that, he has a story already written that only receives a tweak here and there.
Well that sucks, even if I wasn't a particularly big fan of hers, but there's surely no way they stick to that. I expect there will be a lot backlash for that decision and they'll have to go back on what they said because you simply can't do that to people.

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
Well that sucks, even if I wasn't a particularly big fan of hers, but there's surely no way they stick to that. I expect there will be a lot backlash for that decision and they'll have to go back on what they said because you simply can't do that to people.
Dev was pretty adamant that she will not be back. There seems to be some personal issue with writing the character.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Gotta admit that after listening to all the songs the Faith Richards - Blue (Alternative Version) fit the game the most. That should 100% be the theme song for this game.

One thing i think Drifty does better then any other dev is how he incorporates music into his game.

Last edited:

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Dev was pretty adamant that she will not be back. There seems to be some personal issue with writing the character.
Probably the case. This is what I see happening with works where people write in versions of someone they're close to or know to a certain degree. They use the storytelling medium as a way to put another alternate version of reality and that person in the middle of it. I'd rather invent individuals and then give them life by writing them into the world. The author of that work (dev or whatever) really made a poor writing choice and is apparently emotionally immature to such a degree that he would rather lose patrons than bite the bullet.

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
Theres 2 things i dont like about this game so far:

1-The supercool pushy bro friend, telling me where to go and making the choices for me, i so hate that.

2-The first flirty choice i used is kind of over the top cheesy, hard to imagine saying that stuff with a straight face. You can just say that she looks good in work clothes. Theres a neutral response exactly like that, it is flirty and doesnt make you puke rainbows.

EDIT:
Just met Robin and looks awesome, asymmetry really works wonders.

Last edited:

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
I stand corrected and apologize for the snark. I get tired of people asking stuff without taking 2 seconds to search a bit and took it out on you.

Aezoul

Mar 15, 2018
Hello. First time posting here and I'm not entirely sure how to detail this but unless I'm crazy, I think I've stumbled across a bug. After telling Lexi that you get fired and going through the responses for the intimacy controls, you end up in an endless loop of feeling her against you? At least I did. I tried closing the game and going back from an earlier save point and no matter what I did, choices, etc it ended up at the exact same spot.

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
are you playing a compressed version by any chance? Or an older version than current? I also told Lexi I got fired and never experienced that bug.

Aezoul

Mar 15, 2018
I just downloaded the current version today. Not compressed. I even tried starting over and making the same choices and then different choices. I got the exact same result.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes