Jul 4, 2018
LMAO....

Leap of Faith Episode 2: The Quest for the Shoe...

"Join James as he reunites with his long lost friends and tries to remember what he did with the shoe that Steph hurled at his head over 70 years ago! Play the new incontinence mini game "Where's the toilet in this place?" while searching through his dangerously disorganized storage unit.... And much more!"

Ah, I know I only amuse myself with this shit...
Bruh its not even a want...I need to play that version lol

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
You'd be surprised. Steph has a lot more support than you'd think. Even I was surprised. They tend to not speak too loudly, because, well, they'd be overrun by the other side. But the amount of dm's I'm getting, it's insane. :)
SHe might have a lot of support in the DM's.

Here's the thing, if the Steph Haters DM'd you, which group do you think would have more support in the DM's?

I'm legitimately curious by the way.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well you know awhat they always say about the vocal minority shouting the loudest ;)

*runs away back to Steph*
LOL, have fun with her. I'd much rather not spend time on someone who ditches James for 2 years and then comes back expecting that nothing has changed.

However, I am interested in hearing her excuse for why she abandoned James and ghosted him. That's going to be an interesting story.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
LOL, have fun with her. I'd much rather not spend time on someone who ditches James for 2 years and then comes back expecting that nothing has changed.

However, I am interested in hearing her excuse for why she abandoned James and ghosted him. That's going to be an interesting story.
I hope that it will be a believable explanation for what she did and not just an excuse for how she has treated the MC.
I am waiting for the explanation about Melvin.
She is either married to him or she deliberately lied to the MC. If she lied, can we believe it is the first lie she has told the MC.
If she had not mentioned his name or their relationship, but had said something like 'Quick, out the window. It will be bad if he catches us. I'll explain later', she would have left things vague enough to allow any truthful explanation.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I hope that it will be a believable explanation for what she did and not just an excuse for how she has treated the MC.
I am waiting for the explanation about Melvin.
She is either married to him or she deliberately lied to the MC. If she lied, can we believe it is the first lie she has told the MC.
If she had not mentioned his name or their relationship, but had said something like 'Quick, out the window. It will be bad if he catches us. I'll explain later', she would have left things vague enough to allow any truthful explanation.
Well, with Drifty's new revision going in for the moment Melvin came into the room (they don't end up having sex nor does she suggest it) it lends more credence to her being a spy and him being her partner with the marriage simply a cover.

And she lied to James from the beginning. She had to, I am sure she feels 100% justified in her actions. However, the fact that she never contacted him, she came back hardened, and then immediately tried to have sex... I don't see anything romantic about how she behaved.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Well, with Drifty's new revision going in for the moment Melvin came into the room (they don't end up having sex nor does she suggest it) it lends more credence to her being a spy and him being her partner with the marriage simply a cover.

And she lied to James from the beginning. She had to, I am sure she feels 100% justified in her actions. However, the fact that she never contacted him, she came back hardened, and then immediately tried to have sex... I don't see anything romantic about how she behaved.
I thought that as a possibility, but the main thing I get from that is that her job is (or was) more important to her than her relationship with the MC.
For me, there is a big difference between deliberately lying to someone you supposedly love, and not being able to tell the truth. (many people have jobs where there are things that they can not discuss with others).

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I thought that as a possibility, but the main thing I get from that is that her job is (or was) more important to her than her relationship with the MC.
For me, there is a big difference between deliberately lying to someone you supposedly love, and not being able to tell the truth. (many people have jobs where there are things that they can not discuss with others).
Yeah, I feel like she made her decision 2 years ago, unfortunately James didn't know and it took him that long to move on from her. And then she came back. At this point I honestly don't understand why he would take her back. She was gone for almost as long as they were dating. She nearly destroyed him by leaving, why would he want to return to her?

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Yeah, I feel like she made her decision 2 years ago, unfortunately James didn't know and it took him that long to move on from her. And then she came back. At this point I honestly don't understand why he would take her back. She was gone for almost as long as they were dating. She nearly destroyed him by leaving, why would he want to return to her?
I wonder if this perspective is due to never having experienced real love for anyone before, or maybe that because this is just a game people aren't really capable of projecting those feelings onto the character. I remember you saying before you have an anniversary coming up so possibly the latter, or something different entirely, maybe it's just different personalities.

Me personally, if my girlfriend up and left me today and disappeared for two years I'd be devastated, broken, and it would take me months if not years to move on from that too. And yes it would seem in that time that she did something unforgiveable. Having said that if she then reappeared and wanted to resume our relationship, I have a hard time seeing myself saying no to that. We have an incredible connection and I have feelings for her that I've never felt for anyone else.

That's how I imagine the MC in Leap of Faith feels.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I wonder if this perspective is due to never having experienced real love for anyone before, or maybe that because this is just a game people aren't really capable of projecting those feelings onto the character. I remember you saying before you have an anniversary coming up so possibly the latter, or something different entirely, maybe it's just different personalities.

Me personally, if my girlfriend up and left me today and disappeared for two years I'd be devastated, broken, and it would take me months if not years to move on from that too. And yes it would seem in that time that she did something unforgiveable. Having said that if she then reappeared and wanted to resume our relationship, I have a hard time seeing myself saying no to that. We have an incredible connection and I have feelings for her that I've never felt for anyone else.

That's how I imagine the MC in Leap of Faith feels.
Yeah, Sunday it will be 24 years... It's an entirely different thing, really. Love isn't singular, you can fall in love more than once in life.

In the game we are presented with all of these other women that the MC also supposedly has "clicked" with... He isn't still living in the vacuum that her leaving caused in his life. In addition one of those women is a former love interest who had to move away when they were in school, someone he couldn't explore that relationship with for as long as he'd have liked. The idea that someone could leave and then find their partner still waiting and ready to pick up where they left off is rather far fetched, people change, even in two years. She's lucky that she didn't come back to find the MC married, with a 1 year old kid.

In the game it feels like she moved on, she allowed herself to go on with her life, and James didn't until now. And then she shows back up... I understand having memories of what was (we all have those) but they were different people. As I've said before, I'll listen to her. I'd imagine going out and talking over drinks, but when the evening ends there would be no future, no recapturing what they had 2 years before.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Yeah, Sunday it will be 24 years... It's an entirely different thing, really. Love isn't singular, you can fall in love more than once in life.

In the game we are presented with all of these other women that the MC also supposedly has "clicked" with... He isn't still living in the vacuum that her leaving caused in his life. In addition one of those women is a former love interest who had to move away when they were in school, someone he couldn't explore that relationship with for as long as he'd have liked. The idea that someone could leave and then find their partner still waiting and ready to pick up where they left off is rather far fetched, people change, even in two years. She's lucky that she didn't come back to find the MC married, with a 1 year old kid.

In the game it feels like she moved on, she allowed herself to go on with her life, and James didn't until now. And then she shows back up... I understand having memories of what was (we all have those) but they were different people. As I've said before, I'll listen to her. I'd imagine going out and talking over drinks, but when the evening ends there would be no future, no recapturing what they had 2 years before.
Not sure whether I agree or disagree since I've never been in a position to experience that perspective. I thought I loved my ex of 4 years but after breaking up and getting over her in a couple of weeks, and then experiencing my current relationship, I realized I wasn't actually in love with her it was just my only experience of "love" at that stage in life. Now it's been 10 years with the current girlfriend and like I said I've never had that level of connection with anyone before. It's hard to describe and wouldn't do much good anyway since everyone experiences things differently. Only Drifty really knows exactly how deep his feelings for her are meant to run, but from the scene we get with Cece/Chris at the end of Episode 3, the way he describes it resonates on that kind of level with me personally.

It's very hard to put yourself in the MC shoes when it comes to those feelings. It's hard enough to build those feelings in a game anyway, but even more so in this one where the character we're supposed to have been in love with barely actually features. From the players perspective they would naturally feel more attached to pretty much every other girl because they've all been significantly more prominent in the game up to this point.

Anyway, the hype train is gathering steam for this release in a couple of days! Gonna whizz through a quick re-play to refresh I think :PogChamp:

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Not sure whether I agree or disagree since I've never been in a position to experience that perspective. I thought I loved my ex of 4 years but after breaking up and getting over her in a couple of weeks, and then experiencing my current relationship, I realized I wasn't actually in love with her it was just my only experience of "love" at that stage in life. Now it's been 10 years with the current girlfriend and like I said I've never had that level of connection with anyone before. It's hard to describe and wouldn't do much good anyway since everyone experiences things differently. Only Drifty really knows exactly how deep his feelings for her are meant to run, but from the scene we get with Cece/Chris at the end of Episode 3, the way he describes it resonates on that kind of level with me personally.

It's very hard to put yourself in the MC shoes when it comes to those feelings. It's hard enough to build those feelings in a game anyway, but even more so in this one where the character we're supposed to have been in love with barely actually features. From the players perspective they would naturally feel more attached to pretty much every other girl because they've all been significantly more prominent in the game up to this point.

Anyway, the hype train is gathering steam for this release in a couple of days! Gonna whizz through a quick re-play to refresh I think :PogChamp:
I need to replay the entire game since my saves were deleted. May just wait until the update. I usually play it through 3-4 times. Cece, Linda, Lexi, and then Steph (just to see the differences).

Reactions: thorin0815

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I wonder if this perspective is due to never having experienced real love for anyone before

Having said that if she then reappeared and wanted to resume our relationship, I have a hard time seeing myself saying no to that. We have an incredible connection and I have feelings for her that I've never felt for anyone else.
Telling people that they don't like Steph because they haven't "experienced real love before" is a pretty dumb argument. They we're only dating for close to 3 years, they weren't engaged and then she left for 2 years out of the blue with no word or reason as to why she did it and sure there are feelings involved but there's also this little thing called self respect. My counter argument to you would be that you would wait around for 2 years because Steph is the best you can do and you don't have any better options, truth hurts doesn't it?

Sadly you are correct that it seems like Drifty made James out to be a super forgiving type. If you want to pine for a girl for years and years that's your call, just don't come in here and assume all Steph hater's are loser who never go on dates or fall in love in real life.

Drifty thinks all this Steph drama is going to go away once the explanation is out but i think its only going to amplify the situation and make things worse. People are more then likely going to shit all over his explanation and find all kinds of plotholes in it and i'm pretty sure he knows this and that's why some of the dialog was changed already.

Last edited:
Reactions: thorin0815

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Telling people that they don't like Steph because they haven't "experienced real love before" is a pretty dumb argument. They we're only dating for close to 3 years, they weren't engaged and then she left for 2 years out of the blue with no word or reason as to why she did it and sure there are feelings involved but there's also this little thing called self respect. My counter argument to you would be that you would wait around for 2 years because Steph is the best you can do and you don't have any better options, truth hurts doesn't it?

Sadly you are correct that it seems like Drifty made James out to be a super forgiving type. If you want to pine for a girl for years and years that's your call, just don't come in here and assume all Steph hater's are loser who never go on dates or fall in love in real life.

Drifty thinks all this Steph drama is going to go away once the explanation is out but i think its only going to amplify the situation and make things worse. People are more then likely going to shit all over his explanation and find all kinds of plotholes in it and i'm pretty sure he knows this and that's why some of the dialog was changed already.
Bruh.

You're actually gonna quote me and deliberately delete and ignore 75% of a paragraph, then tell me I'm making a dumb argument? I never told anyone anything, I said "I wonder" and also wondered about a bunch of other reasons that for some reason you decided to cut out...

That's a yikes from me dawg :KEK:

Reactions: RanchFTW

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020

We're all different, and we all have different experiences in life. The saying 'you never forget your first love' is part of the intention behind the MCs thoughts and feelings towards Steph.

If I personally close my eyes and think back, I still remember my first sweetheart. I remember the wonderful feeling of her soft lips (I mean, really, she had the softest lips you could possible imagine) and the slight taste of strawberry from her lip balm as we had our first kiss.

A friend of mine also remembers his first love and explained it roughly as; 'Taking her virginity behind a bus stop in the middle of the night, while drunk, after a party. It was awesome.'

Of course, there are other elements that would affect how you would react to Steph returning; like the way she left, the amount of time passed, where you are in life when you see her again, who you've met since then, etc.

But I haven't intentionally tried to make him forgiving, but at the same time I haven't tried to make him unforgiving.

What I did learn though, from the comments here, was that you wanted a choice. And you'll get that. At which point you decide how forgiving he is. That will be his closure if you choose.

And for the in game explanation... Well, it will resonate with some and with other, not so much. To better explain it, one of my beta testers said: "It's a lot to take in". Another one said "I just want the MC to live happily with Steph now". Once I realized that, it became so much easier to put in the game.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
MrFriendly I can see your "Break Steph's Heart Into Itty Bits" Club, getting demolished after this next update :ROFLMAO:

We're all different, and we all have different experiences in life. The saying 'you never forget your first love' is part of the intention behind the MCs thoughts and feelings towards Steph.

If I personally close my eyes and think back, I still remember my first sweetheart. I remember the wonderful feeling of her soft lips (I mean, really, she had the softest lips you could possible imagine) and the slight taste of strawberry from her lip balm as we had our first kiss.

A friend of mine also remembers his first love and explained it roughly as; 'Taking her virginity behind a bus stop in the middle of the night, while drunk, after a party. It was awesome.'

Of course, there are other elements that would affect how you would react to Steph returning; like the way she left, the amount of time passed, where you are in life when you see her again, who you've met since then, etc.

But I haven't intentionally tried to make him forgiving, but at the same time I haven't tried to make him unforgiving.

What I did learn though, from the comments here, was that you wanted a choice. And you'll get that. At which point you decide how forgiving he is. That will be his closure if you choose.

And for the in game explanation... Well, it will resonate with some and with other, not so much. To better explain it, one of my beta testers said: "It's a lot to take in". Another one said "I just want the MC to live happily with Steph now". Once I realized that, it became so much easier to put in the game.
Some people will try to find more faults to hate her still (dunno really why anymore), but that is on them... not on you bro, I loved what I have seen in previews, and I can't wait to enjoy the update when it comes.

I will welcome Steph with open arms but if she fucked other guys while on her mission then I'm sorry darling that won't work for me...:cautious:
don't think so, the whole reason for driffty to change some text in 1st chapter is mostly for those that have always loved Steph get a pretty good romance route with her like others will get with their fav girls. We all get what we want. I can only say I'm very hyped :)

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
MrFriendly I can see your "Break Steph's Heart Into Itty Bits" Club, getting demolished after this next update :ROFLMAO:

Some people will try to find more faults to hate her still (dunno really why anymore), but that is on them... not on you bro, I loved what I have seen in previews, and I can't wait to enjoy the update when it comes.

don't think so, the whole reason for driffty to change some text in 1st chapter is mostly that those that have always loved Steph get a pretty good romance route with her like others will get with their fav girls. We all get what we want. I can only say I'm very hyped :)
Eh, people take my club too seriously. I have no use for her as a love interest because I see all of the other women as more viable options (they didn’t disappear two years ago, hurt him, and then instead of explaining themselves rush into having sex until Melvin showed up). I don’t specifically hate her, she has a purpose in the story, I just don’t see any reason that would make James go back to her.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Eh, people take my club too seriously. I have no use for her as a love interest because I see all of the other women as more viable options (they didn’t disappear two years ago, hurt him, and then instead of explaining themselves rush into having sex until Melvin showed up). I don’t specifically hate her, she has a purpose in the story, I just don’t see any reason that would make James go back to her.
I will savour next update even more cuz of people that think like you :ROFLMAO: (y)

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes