Slytherin͏

May 23, 2020
To be honest, I'm really uncertain what could have caused it. Your error mentioned that the character "he" was not defined. I have never had a Character defined as "he", and while searching through the whole script now, I could not find a single instance where it was.

I'll go through the update files a bit later on, just to be 100% sure. But the easiest thing you could do right now to check is try patching it again. Start the game, exit, and start it once again before starting/loading.

If that doesn't work, the full version would probably be the best way to go, unfortunately (you still keep your saves).
Oh Ok thanks....

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
so you guys think this is not disrespectful to come to the forum and put this? :FacePalm:
Honestly, as president of the anti-steph club I find it rude. I get that people don't like her (duh) but that is taking something that Drifty has worked on for a long time and cheapening it.
I am glad that his story is making people feel strong emotions, it means people are invested in it. But to me it is ridiculous to create such a picture, it is disrespectful.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
so you guys think this is not disrespectful and is fine to come to the forum and put this? :FacePalm:
(this is basically shiting in all the work Driffty put on her, is fine to hate her but is not okay to go around doing this sh** on a character, no matter what)
Yes it is super disrespectull and yes I love. The only thing I hate about is that I didn't come up with it myself.

If you really wanna get back at me Monica from Where the heart is would be your go to

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Holly: The hot and sane friend who talks some sense into people. I am impressed. Too bad she can't tell Steph to send James a quick text or something to let him know she's alive and still loves him prior to trying to fuck his brains out.
I was like damn, finally a character who tells it like it is, plays no games and is not an LI, ahh my heart can't take this. Let's hope she gets a super secret ending route were u end up with her if u reject all the girls.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Honestly, as president of the anti-steph club I find it rude. I get that people don't like her (duh) but that is taking something that Drifty has worked on for a long time and cheapening it.
I am glad that his story is making people feel strong emotions, it means people are invested in it. But to me it is ridiculous to create such a picture, it is disrespectful.
at least I'm glad someone here have some sense in them.
Anyway I'm login off before I behead some newbies :ROFLMAO:

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Steph explanation was always going to be a shitshow for me and I was prepared for it but Linda getting caught in crossfire blindsided me a bit. She was my favourite.:cry:
The hard part about writing this, is that sometimes I have to throw in bits of the facts without giving an explanation right then and there. But in my opinion, Linda is far from being a bad person. Luckily, she's up for the next update.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Cece: She seems to enjoy causing pain (and stealing coffee) which is making her far less attractive to me, each and every update. My attention is actually shifting to Lexi more, but we don't have that option until later.
I'm assuming your talking about the scene with Kira in the kitchen. I didn't see it as her enjoying to cause pain I see it more as she wanted teach Kira a cool trick that she learned.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'm assuming your talking about the scene with Kira in the kitchen. I didn't see it as her enjoying to cause pain I see it more as she wanted teach Kira a cool trick that she learned.
Nope, she used the pinkie finger thing on James at the pool again. While they are sitting there discussing emotions, etc. So that's twice now, once when he is showing her and he asks her not to and then again while they are sitting at the side of the pool. She also shows Kira.

And I realize that her stealing the coffee depends on the order the player does things in.

Mythal

Oct 25, 2018
Just wanna say, i really like this game, and look forward to when (hopefully) it comes to Steam. Just wanted to give a heads up, i just searched for it on Steam to see if it was there yet, it wasn't :( BUT, i did find another game called Leap of Faith, some cyberpunkish indie game. Not sure how video game naming works, but u might have to change the name or something for when (again, hopefully) u decide to release on Steam.

Reactions: frenk

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Nope, she used the pinkie finger thing on James at the pool again. While they are sitting there discussing emotions, etc. So that's twice now, once when he is showing her and he asks her not to and then again while they are sitting at the side of the pool. She also shows Kira.
I read it as Cece obviously has mental health problems and has issues with intimacy and feelings so she panics and does the pinky thing because she isn't comfortable with emotional stuff and resorts to childish violence. Not that she is a bad person and enjoys causing pain.

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
Who is the Patreon genius who voted to continue Stephanie's story line above the others? I mean really? she ditched the MC so as far as i'm concerned good riddance, move on now to the others first lol man damn. Give me Lexi over Stephanie any day.
And the choosing screen, there needs to be a different option
All of them: except Steph

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I read it as Cece obviously has mental health problems and has issues with intimacy and feelings so she panics and does the pinky thing because she isn't comfortable with emotional stuff and resorts to childish violence. Not that she is a bad person and enjoys causing pain.
I don't know, I get the fear of intimacy but she could have just pushed him into the water. Instead she goes for the very trick that James taught and she knows causes a lot of pain. Something she has done twice to him now. It's not endearing.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
I don't know, I get the fear of intimacy but she could have just pushed him into the water. Instead she goes for the very trick that James taught and she knows causes a lot of pain. Something she has done twice to him now. It's not endearing.
That would be if you chose the other path in Chapter 3. Then she won't know the pinky thing.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I agree that it's not endearing but I think because James is the one that taught her the trick and is also the one that she is scared of getting intimate with is the reason she does it to him. Also I think we can agree the Cece is mentally unwell so her doing things that don't make sense is inevitable and possibly not entirely her fault or meant as something completely malicious.

Reactions: MyUserName1234

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Heard Steph out then went back to Cece and all was well in the world.

Closes the door on the Steph chapter of his life and locks that door up never to be opened again.

Who is the Patreon genius who voted to continue Stephanie's story line above the others? I mean really?
Storylines aren't up for vote, it's all the dev.

She's part of the story and will be going forward whether you have anything to do with her or not.

Reactions: MyUserName1234

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Didn't finish the update completely yet; but I must say the agent thing of Steph seemed far fetched to me at first. Thought it was ultimately a really serious story to make us see Steph in a better light cause pretty much any other story would fail at that change of light. But seeing the dev already laid that reveal before with the mysterious money of the MC and the "quiet" job with great salary ; I'd say I can forgive Steph. Even though she could have tell everything to MC....disappearing like she did had zero chance of making anything right, spilling it to MC had a slim but existant chance. Anyway, I think romance with Steph is no-no for me but I can find in my twisted and perverted heart some forgiveness for her. She suffered too, after all.

Of course, Cece still best girl (come on she's suicidal and terrified of any deep feelings, of course she'll pinky-lock MC before it gets too serious) and Lexi close second.
I'll keep on pursuing Cece, no matter what, and get her to open up

But...

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes