tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Holly is also really good friends with Lexi and knows how into the MC she is too. SO she would be going for James even though she is besties with Steph and Lexi and knows that both are really into him.

Steph needs to move on because it's been two years. Linda needs to move on because she's been talking to Steph, didn't tell James, and then seems to think she has a chance with him? Meh, one issue I have so far is that Drifty's game has me realizing my James is most likely going to end up alone (assuming Lexi has a crazy secret that will explode in her or his face soon).
You're probably right. I'm going with the Cece path in the hopes that doesn't explode horribly. We shall see.

Reactions: MrFriendly

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
That's why i'v said that in order for her to be an LI she would have to be a super late endgame addition, kinda like only if you rejected all of the other girls would you have the option to pursue Holly.
That's not how that works. Even if you've rejected all the other girls she does not become an option. Why? Because unless Steph and Lexi are both dead, she'd still be a garbage human for hooking up with the MC. That would be an active torment to her best friends, which is, of course, something best friends don't do.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
He won't be alone he will still have his bro Chris so it would be a bros before hoes ending it won't be a forever alone ending.
That depends on if you hook him up with one of the girls. If the girl hates you at the end, no more Chris either.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Mpkstroff

Sep 16, 2017
Mr Driftygames, you outdid yourself again!!
The music, the characters, the feels!!
You throw a really good curveball with the Cece scene in the end :ROFLMAO:
Tip of the hat to you sir ;)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That depends on if you hook him up with one of the girls. If the girl hates you at the end, no more Chris either.
Right? If Chris hooks up with Robin (since they were sitting together) and James rejected all of them then Chris won't have much time to hang out with him anymore (and rightfully shouldn't as he should focus on his own relationship - have to wonder if that is why Chris and Christine didn't work out in the first place).

So James ends up solo because he didn't want to be with the woman who hurt him, the woman who kept secrets from him about the first one, the mentally ill one, one of the two "sex is a hobby" women (doesn't sound like someone serious about commitment), or the mega-superstar singer who will spend most of her life ignoring whoever she is with so she can be a mega-superstar.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
My tier list as of the latest update

S TIER:

Kira/Holly

A TIER:

Lexi/Cece (Both are very close to S TIER)

B Tier:

Robin

C Tier:

Linda/Steph

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Anyone have a save with Steph? (Romance)
I chose closure with her in my gameplay, and I'd like to see all the scenes. Save from the end of ep.3.
Thanks.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
or the mega-superstar singer who will spend most of her life ignoring whoever she is with so she can be a mega-superstar.
Actually, one moment in the game made me think that Lexi might be the best choice. It was when Steph was talking about living her life for someone else and they show Lexi looking thoughtful. It is entirely possible that she decides to not live her life for others, which would leave her in prime position for MC.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Actually, one moment in the game made me think that Lexi might be the best choice. It was when Steph was talking about living her life for someone else and they show Lexi looking thoughtful. It is entirely possible that she decides to not live her life for others, which would leave her in prime position for MC.
So far she hasn't shown much of the "real" Lexi so I don't know. She has obligations - contracts for example - that I don't see her being able to walk away from. Also just find the entire "super successful and talented woman marries an unemployed bum" to be something the tabloids would use to tear them to shreds. Not sure the relationship could survive it. But never know...

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Well James had a scene with her back in chapter 3 where he said something like "i thought i saw the real her in there for just a second but then it was gone" or something like that. Lexi has the potential to be one of the best LI's but its kinda like the same situation with Bella from the being a dik game by DPC in the way that those relationships are going to be toxic just due to the nature of different standings between both participates. A superstar and a normal guy wouldn't work just like a student and a teacher wouldn't.

I honestly have no idea how drifty plans on making the James/Lexi route work.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
So far she hasn't shown much of the "real" Lexi so I don't know. She has obligations - contracts for example - that I don't see her being able to walk away from. Also just find the entire "super successful and talented woman marries an unemployed bum" to be something the tabloids would use to tear them to shreds. Not sure the relationship could survive it. But never know...
Eh, tons of stars married to nobodies. Usually treated with respect if they are the respectful type of people. Also, I'm basing my statement on one thoughtful look in the game. I may be way off base.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Eh, tons of stars married to nobodies. Usually treated with respect if they are the respectful type of people. Also, I'm basing my statement on one thoughtful look in the game. I may be way off base.
Yeah, I'm in a wait and see. I don't want to put my dick in crazy and Cece is showing herself to be more crazy than I'm interested in, Steph is the past (I played through her stuff and it is sweet how stupidly forgiving James can be for her, he really doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact that she's been gone for two years, that she was investigating him for terrorist ties, etc), which is why I think it would be best to just wait until all parts of this chapter are completed to make a decision.

I would like to believe that Lexi will be worth the wait but I am not going to get my hopes up...

Reactions: tanstaafl

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Right? If Chris hooks up with Robin (since they were sitting together) and James rejected all of them then Chris won't have much time to hang out with him anymore (and rightfully shouldn't as he should focus on his own relationship - have to wonder if that is why Chris and Christine didn't work out in the first place).
Both of you guys are being such Negative Nancy's:D(though I kind of agree with you). Drifty I have a suggestion, you should have an ending where Chris and James discover they have feelings for each other and ride off into the sunset together in a totally not gay bros before hos ending.:Kappa:

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Both of you guys are being such Negative Nancy's:D(though I kind of agree with you). Drifty I have a suggestion, you should have an ending where Chris and James discover they have feelings for each other and ride off into the sunset together in a totally not gay bros before hos ending.:Kappa:
There's a difference between realistic expectations and negative. It has to do with suspension of disbelief (literary term). When a human reacts to something in a way that humans never react to a thing, it breaks the story. That's all there is to it. Some people are fine with the non-reality of most of these games. Hell, I'm fine with it most of the time. But in a story that is obviously trying to base itself on real people, it hurts the story badly.

Last edited:

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
There's a difference between realistic expectations and negative. It has to suspension of disbelief (literary term). When a human reacts to something in a way that humans never react to a thing, it breaks the story. That's all there is to it. Some people are fine with the non-reality of most of these games. Hell, I'm fine with it most of the time. But in a story that is obviously trying to base itself on real people, it hurts the story badly.
I always wondered how much of LoF was based on Drifty's real life, like if Steph is actually based on his wife and that's how he got the story for this game. :unsure:

Jul 20, 2020
Getting multiple errors in first scene of Lexi

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'he' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script04.rpyc", line 43, in script
File "D:\Renpy 3d games zip\LeapofFaith-0.2.2c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "D:\Renpy 3d games zip\LeapofFaith-0.2.2c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 576, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'he' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Leap of Faith 0.3.x-0.4.1c
Fri Oct 02 23:04:54 2020
I got the same batch of errors with the update patch, I'm going to just download the full version and hope that fixes it.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
My issue with the entire story and the love interests in the more "slice of life" and "realistic" games is the amount of drama the devs feel there needs to be in the story. In LoF every love interest brings some type of drama with them and there is no "safe" choice. I'm just trying to figure out which one is the "most safe" option. Cece sounds like she doesn't want any type of intimacy because she going to kill herself soon. Steph left and came back with some flimsy excuse and Cece implies that she thinks Steph will kill herself, Linda has been in contact with Steph and lied/omitted that fact, Robin/Kira are already in a relationship and think of sex as a hobby to share with anyone they want, and Lexi is becoming the safest bet until Drifty nukes that thought.

I am very much interested in seeing where Drifty takes us next, but I am not so sure that it makes sense for James to be choosing any of these women as life partners.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes