DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You should definitely play it first! Now your edit doesn't make much sense cause her reasoning is different.
the "naive" girl got feelings for you and managed to dupe her superiors into staying with you for 3 years in a totally unplausible way. Either by feeding them lies and fabricating stuff or homeland management is in a more dire state of disarray than anyone could have thought.

Now, if as you mentioned before, there was an actual threat for that long of a time-span at least the story could be made plausible. As it is now, the idea is there but could definitely be improved upon.
That robot and good agent has to do with fact she is willing to seduce a minor in the first place for her mission and then all things after as well. Basically she has been making all her decisions for her own selfish reasons and what she wanted, that she may attribute to some greater good of her mission to justify herself, but they were pretty shitty decisions on a human level and especially with regards to MC.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
That robot and good agent has to do with fact she is willing to seduce a minor in the first place for her mission and then all things after as well. Basically she has been making all her decisions for her own selfish reasons and what she wanted, that she may attribute to some greater good of her mission to justify herself, but they were pretty shitty decisions on a human level and especially with regards to MC.
Her job was to get close to James, not to seduce him. To befriend him for information. But then she began to have feelings for him and this is when it all got complicated between (as you say) selfish decisions made by her, and also because James went from being a terrorist suspect to a target to protect.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
Also, do consider the fact that after Chapter 4 is out, nobody will discuss Steph for months on end. They won't need to, as the answer to everything is an hour or two of reading into the future. Of course I'm more or less terrified of how you will react to the explanation. It's like creating a joke, not knowing if it will be funny or not. Multiplied by 100.
Okay, having just played Ch4 I'm writing (saying) this with my foot kinda stuck in my mouth. I've been a Steph hater from the start and with good reason, I believe. I like to think I'm a reasonable person willing to forgive, but the one thing that really killed it for me with Steph was the thought of her sleeping with someone else - Melvin. Well I expressed my frustration towards DriftyGames and maybe got a little carried away in the process:

https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-4-driftygames.48734/post-4037943

Sooo... anyway, after that I kinda left the tread thinking to myself "no way DriftyGames could ever salvage that mess" and what a shame, cause I really wanted to give Steph a chance as a legit LI (love interest NOT lust interest) and yeah, for some people there is a difference.
And if you feel that I've fucked up the whole Steph route and can't possible correct that in an explanation? Don't loose 'Faith' in me quite yet. At least play Chapter 4 when it's out, and then go bashing my writing skills afterwards.
... which brings me to my point. Cause something major league changed in the script as I'm sure most of you already know. Now I'm not going to be the vain little man to suggest that it's thanks to my rantings but I'm very grateful all the same.
Giving you a little heads up here.

There's two dialogue changes from chapter 1 in the upcoming chapter 4.
View attachment 788283
I don't think DriftyGames could have done it any better than this (realistically speaking anyway). Granted, the whole WitSec thing sounds a little convoluted to me (or maybe I'm too dense to fully understand it lol) and it's not going to work for everyone (obviously) but for me at least it's cathartic enough to take her back, hence the whole foot in my mouth situation.

All I want to say is thank you DriftyGames. Love or hate her, you sure know how to get people invested in your characters and story. Thanks for sparing a thought to us freeloaders as well. I'll be heading over to your patreon now and hope to catch up with you sometime.

Reactions: Sawdogg06

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Her job was to get close to James, not to seduce him. To befriend him for information. But then she began to have feelings for him and this is when it all got complicated between (as you say) selfish decisions made by her, and also because James went from being a terrorist suspect to a target to protect.
Still her actions paint her in a terrible and selfish light especially since MC was a minor and do not come with orders and duty. Those are not enough reason to do horrible things knowingly and also agents are not allowed to knowingly break laws.

For me at least this explanation paints Steph even in a worse light as she already was. Now if there had been a real life and death situation for her to disappear, stay away and had to stay quiet for years I had happily forgiven her as I intended. Here it is in the end just her choice and no more for what she did and how she did it. Not sure if I will be able to forgive her now.

Last edited:

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019

Here:
I've updated the playlist with every song i could find on the platform.
also, a very big thank you to Drifty (once again lol) for including "The Watershed - All That I Have". The song is next level, listening to it non stop since last night.
Thanks man. I have something to listen to now. I love the music of this game. :)

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
Still her actions paint her in a terrible and selfish light especially since MC was a minor and do not come with orders and duty. Those are not enough reason to do horrible things knowingly and also agents are not allowed to knowingly break laws.

For me at least this explanation paints Steph even in a worse light as she already was. Now if there had been a real life and death situation for her to disappear, stay away and had to stay quiet for years I had happily forgiven her as I intended. Here it is in the end just her choice and no more for what she did and how she did it. Not sure if I will be able to forgive her now.
Yes, she made bad (and selfish) choices, but she did so because she began to fall in love with James and wanted to stay with him. Those bad decisions also had worse consequences with the whole witsec thing.

Anyway I'm not trying to defend Steph or anything like that. I just wanted to correct what you said about Steph having to seduce James for her work, which is clearly wrong.

Reactions: Qmil679

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yes, she made bad (and selfish) choices, but she did so because she began to fall in love with James and wanted to stay with him. Those bad decisions also had worse consequences with the whole witsec thing.

Anyway I'm not trying to defend Steph or anything like that. I just wanted to correct what you said about Steph having to seduce James for her work, which is clearly wrong.
She chose to seduce him though in her role of becoming close to him. She was the adult there or should have never ever have been there as an agent if a minor herself. Now I get she later came into a conflict of interests, but they were still her choices how she dealt with that and chose doing max damage to MC in her choices for her reasons. Hell she must not even have one point of emotional EQ or shred of empathy to not be able to foresee the consequences of her action. Now if that is true, she is someone you better keep away from you anyway. The fact that she as an adult started a relation with a minor while knowing her own background, especially makes her duty of care to MC even bigger as normal in my opinion. So for me instead of an excuse, it becomes an even bigger strike against her.

To think I was besides the marriage more or less pro Steph before the explanation, if had some doubts about her actions and thought that letter did not really help her cause. Guess I have changed positions with MrFriendly a bit after this update. :p Ah well, so many people, so many tastes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glooskabe

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
She chose to seduce him though in her role of becoming close to him. She was the adult there or should have never ever have been there as an agent if a minor herself. Now I get she later came into a conflict of interests, but they were still her choices how she dealt with that and chose doing max damage to MC in her choices for her reasons. Hell she must not even have one point of emotional EQ or shred of empathy to not be able to foresee the consequences of her action. Now if that is true, she is someone you better keep away from you anyway.

To think I was besides the marriage more or less pro Steph before the explanation, if had some doubts about her actions and thought that letter did not really help her cause. Guess I have changed positions with MrFriendly a bit. :p Ah well, so many people, so many tastes.
Then you have people like me who thinks James should just walk up to Holly and ask her to marry him. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
She chose to seduce him though in her role of becoming close to him. She was the adult there or should have never ever have been there as an agent if a minor herself. Now I get she later came into a conflict of interests, but they were still her choices how she dealt with that and chose doing max damage to MC in her choices for her reasons. Hell she must not even have one point of emotional EQ or shred of empathy to not be able to foresee the consequences of her action. Now if that is true, she is someone you better keep away from you anyway.

To think I was besides the marriage more or less pro Steph before the explanation, if had some doubts about her actions and thought that letter did not really help her cause. Guess I have changed positions with MrFriendly a bit. :p Ah well, so many people, so many tastes.
She befriended him. The feelings came later. In fact she would have finished her job perfectly in 1-2 months if she hadn't started having feelings for him. And even if Steph really did seduce James, she did it because she had feelings for him, not because that was her job.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
She befriended him. The feelings came later. In fact she would have finished her job perfectly in 1-2 months if she hadn't started having feelings for him. And even if Steph really did seduce James, she did it because she had feelings for him, not because that was her job.
That does not matter, she was the adult there in that relation and she knew her own background. It is no excuse and does not diminish her responsibility as the adult to not hurt MC. In which she failed willingly and knowingly by her own conscious choices and actions. Without any life or death situation as an excuse, where she could not have made other choices even if those would have had consequences for her. They were her own choices for her reasons, without really taking MC into account or showing that she cared for him beyond her own needs. My opinion and read of the situation, you and the dev have a right to feel different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayonesa

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
That does not matter, she was the adult there in that relation and she knew her own background. It is no excuse and does not diminish her responsibility as the adult to not hurt MC. In which she failed willingly and knowingly by her own conscious choices and actions.
Again, I'm not justifying or defending any of the actions Steph did that seriously harmed James, just clarifying the whole seduction thing. That her job was to befriend him to get information, not to seduce him like you said before.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Again, I'm not justifying or defending any of the actions Steph did that seriously harmed James, just clarifying the whole seduction thing. That her job was to befriend him to get information, not to seduce him like you said before.
But she did seduce him and got into a relation with him as an adult and knowing her own background, while MC was still a minor for years at that time. That is what matters, not whether she was ordered to or not. That was in the end her choice as well, as a good agent she at least would have asked to be replaced when she noticed getting feelings for MC for getting personally involved in the case. Not even talking about the choices she made when left MC and the way she did it, that have no good defense either if she would have been thinking about anyone but herself and her goals. Again, my opinion.

Now if she had just left after telling MC her career was more important to her as he was (painful as that might have been for MC, but at least that would have been the truth), that would have been fair enough, but she did not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayonesa

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
That does not matter, she was the adult there in that relation and she knew her own background. It is no excuse and does not diminish her responsibility as the adult to not hurt MC. In which she failed willingly and knowingly by her own conscious choices and actions. Without any life or death situation as an excuse, where she could not have made other choices even if those would have had consequences for her. They were her own choices for her reasons, without really taking MC into account or showing that she cared for him beyond her own needs. My opinion and read of the situation, you and the dev have a right to feel different.
:p what if I put puppy eyes, will you forgive her xD.
jokes aside, she did pass all her money to the mc, she did leave the mc so that he can live a normal life instead of being put in some kind of federal protection program, I think some of you guys just want to hate her even when there is little to hate her for anymore, and she shows plenty of care for the mc, but yeah to each their own.

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Fan Signatures
made some sigs out of the "poolside" animations from this chapter, feel free to use them or whatever.

1. Cece
LoF_Cece.gif
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860126_LoF_Cece.gif
2. Lexi
LoF_Lexi.gif

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860127_LoF_Lexi.gif
3. Kira
LoF_Kira.gif
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860128_LoF_Kira.gif
4. Linda
LoF_Linda.gif
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860130_LoF_Linda.gif
5. Robin
LoF_Robin.gif
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860132_LoF_Robin.gif
6. All Merged & Compressed
LoF_All_Compressed.gif
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860142_LoF_All_Compressed.gif
would try to make a Steph sig as well using some different animation.

Last edited:

xBlackCaTx

Mar 15, 2020
I didn't like that i was forced to have sex with Stephanie. I don't like her and i tried to pick the wrong options every time but i still got these scenes. Cece & Lexi all the way with Cece as number 1

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I didn't like that i was forced to have sex with Stephanie. I don't like her and i tried to pick the wrong options every time but i still got these scenes. Cece & Lexi all the way with Cece as number 1
You are not forced to fuck Steph ,if you fuck Steph is because you choose her when you are in the bed thinking about who you have feelings for, that is on you buddy

Technically you were indeed forced to fuck Steph back in one of the earlier updates so hes not wrong.
technically that was fixed in less than 1 day after ep1 was released, so again, yes he is wrong to think he is forced to fuck Steph, if there is something about Drifty is that he put it all "optional" and you are not forced to anything.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
:p what if I put puppy eyes, will you forgive her xD.
jokes aside, she did pass all her money to the mc, she did leave the mc so that he can live a normal life instead of being put in some kind of federal protection program, I think some of you guys just want to hate her even when there is little to hate her for anymore, and she shows plenty of care for the mc, but yeah to each their own.
Nah Puppy eyes will not help and nope those things do not help either. Point is what we talked about long ago. Steph should have talked with MC instead of making all decisions herself for her reasons. Now if there had been a real life or death situation to keep it secret that might have been different, but we found out that was not there. Just some things that might not have painted Steph and their relation in a great light, but things that could have been forgiven and worked through if she had come clean about them and would have wanted to commit to their relation instead of her career first.

I was much more for forgiving about her before this update as I am now. Her reasons for the extremes she went to do not add up for me and certainly are not a life or death situation, but just Steph choosing her career over MC. Which is fair enough, but no excuse for the way she did it and also trying to hang on to MC with that letter. If she chose her career over MC she should have let him really go and be open and honest about it. She wanted her cake and eat it as well, hurting MC a lot in meantime.

So yeah to be honest I am more likely now to go the not forgive path, while before the update I was thinking if it would not hurt MC too much moving on I would at least forgive her or maybe even add her as a LI. Now that last feels much harder even if I know MC might think different. :p

Edit: The fact she was an adult agent while getting into that relation with MC being a minor makes it even harder for me, but the real thing is this explanation does not take away the view of Steph being selfish and about herself instead of the great person she was in MC's memory, but made it even stronger, making me think that whole positive thing was just a front of Steph instead as the real her. Well at least now we can make a decision on Steph knowing the history behind her action, just a pity that at least for me it has lead to a worse view of Steph instead of a better.Guess my priorities and reasons to fogive someone are different as those of dev. :p

Last edited:

Ripply

Sep 17, 2017
How do I get the autograph for cece? I asked lexi to get it for me, next min i'm in the limo and can't give the autograph?

Reactions: Max1276

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
made some sigs out of the "poolside" animations from this chapter, feel free to use them or whatever.

1. Cece
View attachment 842898
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860126_LoF_Cece.gif
2. Lexi
View attachment 842899

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860127_LoF_Lexi.gif
3. Kira
View attachment 842900
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860128_LoF_Kira.gif
4. Linda
View attachment 842902
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860130_LoF_Linda.gif
5. Robin
View attachment 842904
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860132_LoF_Robin.gif
6. Merged & Compressed
View attachment 842914
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860142_LoF_All_Compressed.gif
You put the kira one up twice...nice job though.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes