Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
But she did seduce him and got into a relation with him as an adult and knowing her own background, while MC was still a minor for years at that time. That is what matters, not whether she was ordered to or not. That was in the end her choice as well, as a good agent she at least would have asked to be replaced when she noticed getting feelings for MC for getting personally involved in the case. Not even talking about the choices she made when left MC and the way she did it, that have no good defense either if she would have been thinking about anyone but herself and her goals. Again, my opinion.
I agree with that. If she had been a professional, she would have finished the job or asked to be replaced, but both of those things meant saying farewell to James and that was just what she didn't want because she already had feelings for him. And yeah, all her decisions were made selfishly solely because of how she felt, regardless of her job, regardless of whether her friendship with James was based on a lie, and regardless of the possible consequences her decisions would have. I agree with that too, but that's not what I'm talking about. Your post I initially quoted to said "she is willing to seduce a minor in the first place for her mission", and I keep repeating that that wasn't the initial approach.

Reactions: DA22

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
You are not forced to fuck Steph ,if you fuck Steph is because you choose her when you are in the bed thinking about who you have feelings for, that is on you buddy
Technically you were indeed forced to fuck Steph back in one of the earlier updates so hes not wrong.

• Angry
Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Honestly think I need to resign as president of the Anti-steph club.

There are people on here who hate her far more than I can muster these days (far more than is healthy really). Perhaps the real world has broken me, LOL. Anyway, I ended up being friendly to her and bringing her along in the Cece path and then I played the Steph path and, though I don't see how anyone could take her back, I did feel happy for James when he did. Felt like his broken heart healed far better with her than with Cece.

Whoever said that they foresaw the Cece path possibly being darker than the Steph path... I am starting to believe you.
I am actually glad that Steph came back. That scene where we meet her in the metro. I didn't see her the same as the MC does. There was just something in her eyes that told me she did actually care and that she was hurting so I just couldn't let go of her. After she left the MC I think in a lot of ways this caused Steph to suffer just as much as Cece has suffered in her life.

And speaking of Cece she is the type of girl that I cannot resist. That sadness, that pain always draws me in. I can't help but feel deep empathy and a connection to her. Must be why I also brought Steph back as well after seeing the sadness in her eyes.:cry::love:

Maybe I just live in darkness as well. :cry:

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
technically that was fixed in less than 1 day after ep1 was released, so again, yes he is wrong to think he is forced to fuck Steph, if there is something about Drifty is that he put it all "optional" and you are not forced to anything.
Even if he fixed it 10 mins later it still happened lol.

• Angry
Reactions: UncleVT

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Even if he fixed it 10 mins later it still happened lol.
and? is irrelevant since he was forced to replay the game after that was released because Drifty changed variables, so is not what he is referring now.
He is talking about this update, and He did choose Steph when the mc thinks about what girl he has feeling for.... is normal that choice will put him in the Steph route and have sex with her.

Reactions: Yuno Gasai

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
and? is irrelevant since he was forced to replay the game after that was released because Drifty changed variables, so is not what he is referring now.
It's not irrelevant because maybe the last time he played the game it was a FORCED encounter. Just because it was changed doesn't mean he's wrong. You can't cover something up by saying it never happened.

Feb 29, 2020
I'm not sure why DriftyGames even bothered putting a list of choices at the start of the episode.
Ever since the first day I met her at the bus stop towards the start of the game I knew that there was only one correct choice.
And it was confirmed when I was made to jump out of a window after making a stupid instinctive mistake.

Even when the other choices are available there will still be only one correct choice.

Most dudes judge a game by how many chics the MC gets to bang and how often.

Me I judge a game on the Devs ability to bitch slap you in the feels with a characters story to where you could care less about boning them.

And for me those games and Devs are few and far between. And by few I mean like 4 maybe 5 of them.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I am actually glad that Steph came back. That scene where we meet her in the metro. I didn't see her the same as the MC does. There was just something in her eyes that told me she did actually care and that she was hurting so I just couldn't let go of her. After she left the MC I think in a lot of ways this caused Steph to suffer just as much as Cece has suffered in her life.

And speaking of Cece she is the type of girl that I cannot resist. That sadness, that pain always draws me in. I can't help but feel deep empathy and a connection to her. Must be why I also brought Steph back as well after seeing the sadness in her eyes.:cry::love:

Maybe I just live in darkness as well. :cry:
It is called white knighting and shows you care, on the whole a good thing. :p Wish I could still feel same about Steph. I get she got into a conflict of interest and they hurt her as well, just the choices she made and how really do not paint her as someone you want at your back or beside you.

Cece is cute as hell and yeah you wish you could help her, but she really needs a therapist as well besides support of MC and friends.

D

Deleted member 1813467

Nah Puppy eyes will not help and nope those things do not help either. Point is what we talked about long ago. Steph should have talked with MC instead of making all decisions herself for her reasons. Now if there had been a real life or death situation to keep it secret that might have been different, but we found out that was not there. Just some things that might not have painted Steph and their relation in a great light, but things that could have been forgiven and worked through if she had come clean about them and would have wanted to commit to their relation instead of her career first.

I was much more for forgiving about her before this update as I am now. Her reasons for the extremes she went to do not add up for me and certainly are not a life or death situation, but just Steph choosing her career over MC. Which is fair enough, but no excuse for the way she did it and also trying to hang on to MC with that letter. If she chose her career over MC she should have let him really go and be open and honest about it. She wanted her cake and eat it as well, hurting MC a lot in meantime.

So yeah to be honest I am more likely now to go the not forgive path, while before the update I was thinking if it would not hurt MC too much moving on I would at least forgive her or maybe even add her as a LI. Now that last feels much harder even if I know MC might think different. :p
I do understand your point, maybe not your degree of passion, but I do understand. It is a bit cringeworthy for sure. It reminds me of that 90s middle school teacher that had an affair with her tween student, went to prison and then married the kid when she got out... or every episode of 21 Jumpstreet, ever. That being said, I played the update and Drifty just keeps getting better. The art, musical accompaniment and animations are impressive as hell. As to whole Stephanie backstory, maybe if they had a more believable teenager relationship (read heavy petting and dry humping) it would have gone a long way to justifying the "excitement" she displayed at their nightclub meeting and taken the cringe factor down a bit. It is, however, an AVN and Drifty added some spice, I get it. At least James isn't blackmailing his sister for blowies and sleep raping his poor, but surprisingly young and attractive mom. This genre has a pretty low bar for socially expectable behavior and I can forgive the rather fantastical backstory. I assume this character is a necessary plot device for the overarching story so we're going to be seeing more of her, regardless of one's choice during the bar scene.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
:p what if I put puppy eyes, will you forgive her xD.
jokes aside, she did pass all her money to the mc, she did leave the mc so that he can live a normal life instead of being put in some kind of federal protection program, I think some of you guys just want to hate her even when there is little to hate her for anymore, and she shows plenty of care for the mc, but yeah to each their own.
Well to end on a more positive note on Steph. :p

Those puppy eyes might work when Steph herself shows she has really changed and grown up and would be able to show she is capable to put the interests of others at least at same level as her own. Might be hard for her to do when you go the not forgive route, but at least now she came clean and her own future actions might bring forgiveness. For her past actions though I will not change my mind and they paint her in a bad light for me that are hard to forgive without a lot more good reasons being shown by Steph in how she is now, if she has changed.

Edit: spenkmfg I am quite sure we will see more of her and maybe she will be able to redeem herself to me in the here and now, just her backstory for why she did as she did made me dislike her more instead of like her better (with reasons given in the post you replied to) and her also being an adult agent with a minor in that situation makes it even worse. Joke was I was fully prepared to forgive her if she had had a good reason, beyond just being selfish and having no empathy at all. Of course that does not make the game bad and enough other pretty ladies around and story to see. Just the Steph explanation was not redeeming to me, but more damning of her.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
She chose to seduce him though in her role of becoming close to him. She was the adult there or should have never ever have been there as an agent if a minor herself. Now I get she later came into a conflict of interests, but they were still her choices how she dealt with that and chose doing max damage to MC in her choices for her reasons. Hell she must not even have one point of emotional EQ or shred of empathy to not be able to foresee the consequences of her action. Now if that is true, she is someone you better keep away from you anyway. The fact that she as an adult started a relation with a minor while knowing her own background, especially makes her duty of care to MC even bigger as normal in my opinion. So for me instead of an excuse, it becomes an even bigger strike against her.

To think I was besides the marriage more or less pro Steph before the explanation, if had some doubts about her actions and thought that letter did not really help her cause. Guess I have changed positions with MrFriendly a bit after this update. :p Ah well, so many people, so many tastes.
She didn't choose to seduce him, she caught feelings.

Look, the explanation would never meet the vitriol that has been spewed at Steph (which I feel quite a lot of responsibility for since I am the anti-steph club leader). There's nothing Drifty could have done that would satisfy everyone. However, as it is his story (and we all are choosing to play his game) we need to accept the explanation as logical within his world. In our world the entire thing wouldn't make sense, I could nitpick the entire concept to death (and some may wonder why I would spare Drifty when I've nitpicked other games much more - because I'm an arbitrary motherfucker) but the fact is that, if I want to enjoy the game, I need to trust in the story that Drifty is sharing with me (us).

I think that including Steph in the group of friends will make for a more interesting story than excluding her. Because, as Drifty has said, that is going to be the original story he'd created. I don't want to play the edited story that he had to come up with after the many knee jerk reactions that the initial release received (I am definitely one of those first jerks that responded unfavorably to being forced to have sex with Steph, that experience helped me learn I really don't like games that don't allow me to choose who the MC fucks). Do I like Steph? Not really, she made a choice to hide information from James, but I am willing to move on from the anger that I originally felt because we have an explanation now. James deserved one, he got one, now he can continue to try and help all of his dysfunctional friends (and himself) move onto a healthier perspective/life.

To continue to dwell on Steph, what she did, her explanation, etc... It's not healthy for James or for the players. People need to make a simple choice, let it go and continue to play a great game with an engaging story or move on from the game.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
My favorite moment for this update is the talk between Cece and Steph in the limo. It put so much into perspective, and I especially love that it was Cece who said it. I will always appreciate characters like Steph. A lot of people expect the characters to behave in certain manner (ex: "good" character is perfect, "bad" character is piece of shit), but it's always great when the character is more realistic that "bad" character doesn't always have to be bad 100% of the time.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
She didn't choose to seduce him, she caught feelings.

Look, the explanation would never meet the vitriol that has been spewed at Steph (which I feel quite a lot of responsibility for since I am the anti-steph club leader). There's nothing Drifty could have done that would satisfy everyone. However, as it is his story (and we all are choosing to play his game) we need to accept the explanation as logical within his world. In our world the entire thing wouldn't make sense, I could nitpick the entire concept to death (and some may wonder why I would spare Drifty when I've nitpicked other games much more - because I'm an arbitrary motherfucker) but the fact is that, if I want to enjoy the game, I need to trust in the story that Drifty is sharing with me (us).

I think that including Steph in the group of friends will make for a more interesting story than excluding her. Because, as Drifty has said, that is going to be the original story he'd created. I don't want to play the edited story that he had to come up with after the many knee jerk reactions that the initial release received (I am definitely one of those first jerks that responded unfavorably to being forced to have sex with Steph, that experience helped me learn I really don't like games that don't allow me to choose who the MC fucks). Do I like Steph? Not really, she made a choice to hide information from James, but I am willing to move on from the anger that I originally felt because we have an explanation now. James deserved one, he got one, now he can continue to try and help all of his dysfunctional friends (and himself) move onto a healthier perspective/life.

To continue to dwell on Steph, what she did, her explanation, etc... It's not healthy for James or for the players. People need to make a simple choice, let it go and continue to play a great game with an engaging story or move on from the game.
That is why I ended on a more positive note on Steph in a later post, though it is kind of funny we changed positions on Steph a bit. :p Where I was quite willing to forgive her though before this update if she had a good reason, but was not sure it would help MC moving on. Now I am more of the opinion that MC is way better off keeping old Steph as far away from him as possible and not sure she changed any or enough to give her a second chance after learning her reasons.

Though I am not wishing to bash the dev since this is overall a wonderful game and interesting story, but he did put himself in this position by his wish to paint Steph as badly as he could in the first two episodes and was quite successful. Well that meant he gave himself a hell of a job to redeem her character, for some that has worked (For me her explanations actually went the other way, but hey that is me :p) , for some maybe she still will and for some she will not be redeemed at all. Choices have consequences, also when made by devs and i am not asking him to change them since I do like the game as is and not everyone has to be likable or trustable. :)

The fact she caught feelings or seduced him on purpose do not make any difference to me on the judgement of her actions in the past. :p

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That is why I ended on a more positive note on Steph in a later post, though it is kind of funny we changed positions on Steph a bit. :p Where I was quite willing to forgive her though before this update if she had a good reason, but was not sure it would help MC moving on. Now I am more of the opinion that MC is way better off keeping old Steph as far away from him as possible and not sure she changed any or enough to give her a second chance after learning her reasons.

The fact she caught feelings or seduced him on purpose do not make any difference to me on the judgement of her actions in the past. :p
It's more that I don't want to dwell on the dislike of one love interest and have it ruin a game for me. She's not the antagonist and I'd rather see what Drifty comes up with next because I've really enjoyed the game a lot. There are 5-6 games on here that I like enough to support financially and I am not about to waste my time and money focusing on how much I dislike Steph and let it taint the rest of my experience.

As I said before it doesn't matter to me if I find her actions "realistic" or "believable" because it's Drifty's game and all I can do is either accept that his main character was/is still in love with Steph even after the two years apart OR move on to another game. There's no reason to keep playing a game if I hate a character, I don't have the "spoons" (energy) to do that.

It's amusing to see how all of us react to the explanation, I was very skeptical that it would make any sense and was nervous about this update. But then I realized that I was just being petty, just because this story is interactive/customizable I was allowing myself to feel some sense of "ownership". Which is ridiculous. It isn't my story any more than a story I read in a book. At least you are reasonable and explain your thoughts in a coherent manner.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
the "naive" girl got feelings for you and managed to dupe her superiors into staying with you for 3 years in a totally unplausible way. Either by feeding them lies and fabricating stuff or homeland management is in a more dire state of disarray than anyone could have thought.

Now, if as you mentioned before, there was an actual threat for that long of a time-span at least the story could be made plausible. As it is now, the idea is there but could definitely be improved upon.
Unless they would have a specific interest in keeping her close to him that she didn't know about.
YES! Rock my world!

Seriously though, then that implies she never questioned the leeway she got on her "mission" and I'm not sure which I think is worse..

Without getting into the overhanging plot of it all, I do feel like I mentioned in my earlier post that the bar scene and dialogue could be more polished/elaborate or even contain a hint instead of the curve ball you had to throw at me like this :ROFLMAO:

I know James isn't the inquisitive type or at least he has been portrayed in this manner up until now but to me it's a little weird he doesn't inquire more about certain things with Steph.

That robot and good agent has to do with fact she is willing to seduce a minor in the first place for her mission and then all things after as well. Basically she has been making all her decisions for her own selfish reasons and what she wanted, that she may attribute to some greater good of her mission to justify herself, but they were pretty shitty decisions on a human level and especially with regards to MC.
My bad, I misinterpreted what you meant by "doing everything for your mission".
And yes I agree with some of the things you are saying (also in your later posts), I feel like a lot more could have been resolved in the bar scene.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's more that I don't want to dwell on the dislike of one love interest and have it ruin a game for me. She's not the antagonist and I'd rather see what Drifty comes up with next because I've really enjoyed the game a lot. There are 5-6 games on here that I like enough to support financially and I am not about to waste my time and money focusing on how much I dislike Steph and let it taint the rest of my experience.

As I said before it doesn't matter to me if I find her actions "realistic" or "believable" because it's Drifty's game and all I can do is either accept that his main character was/is still in love with Steph even after the two years apart OR move on to another game. There's no reason to keep playing a game if I hate a character, I don't have the "spoons" (energy) to do that.

It's amusing to see how all of us react to the explanation, I was very skeptical that it would make any sense and was nervous about this update. But then I realized that I was just being petty, just because this story is interactive/customizable I was allowing myself to feel some sense of "ownership". Which is ridiculous. It isn't my story any more than a story I read in a book. At least you are reasonable and explain your thoughts in a coherent manner.
True, it is not like I hate Steph anyway. People are fallible and not perfect, just not sure if I want my MC to give her a second chance as is without more signs that Steph has changed a bit. Well her finally coming clean after all this time is a good first step, just she has more to make up for and redeem herself for me to my MC as I expected/hoped before saw this update. :p Fact MC wants to and I know it makes that even bit harder decision whether to give her that second chance for me, then again there is nothing wrong with a game making me question whether I want to do some things or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
made some sigs out of the "poolside" animations from this chapter, feel free to use them or whatever.

1. Cece
View attachment 842898
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860126_LoF_Cece.gif
2. Lexi
View attachment 842899

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860127_LoF_Lexi.gif
3. Kira
View attachment 842900
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/860128_LoF_Kira.gif